Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:53:24 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The 10 Worst Heavy Metal Albums « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The 10 Worst Heavy Metal Albums  (Read 6940 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: September 27, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »

Who doesn't love a good old fashion top 10 list?  Plus, here's one for the metal fans.  Any thoughts on these albums (not much of a metal listener)?

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/141511/the-ten-worst-heavy-metal-albums-of-all-time/

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »

Another silly list by some geek that counts for nothing.

Never Say Die - Good album, not Sabbath's best, but good.
Bark At The Moon - Good album, Jake E. Lee's guitar work is superb.
Chinese Democracy - Good album, nowhere near "Appetite For Destruction" but solid for what it is.
Fear Of The Dark - Good album, Maiden's best of the 90s.
Motley Crue - Good album. John Corabi is a phenomenal talent, should have just called the band something else.

Plus, Slang by Def Leppard isn't even "heavy metal". It is crap though.

Actually, neither is The Elder or even Come Out & Play classed as "heavy metal" really. The Elder was an experimental album that was supposed to be the soundtrack for a film/stage production that never saw the light of day.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:07:18 PM by Circus Circus » Logged

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:54 PM »

Actually, neither is The Elder or even Come Out & Play classed as "heavy metal" really.

That's a big compliant about the list from what I read.  I reposted here because I wanted to here from some opinions from you guys since I trust you all more (Buddies!   TeddyR) and I know a bunch of you are metal fans.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »

I kind of liked Bark at the Moon....
I never really understood the hate for LOAD either.  OK, it's not Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning, but it wasn't that bad.  "King Nothing" alone should keep it off the list (St Anger IS crap though).
And if you're going to put a GNR album on there it should be Spaghetti Incident.  Chinese Democracy wasn't great, but it's better than Spaghetti Incident.
And like Circus Circus pointed out, a lot of these aren't even really metal.  This is like something Entertainment Weekly would print.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »

who ever said that #5 is bad should listen to the whole album before saying it is bad, but that's my opinion.

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »

Ridiculous article. A top 10 worst for metal is one of the most pointless things that anybody can try to pull off. There are so many categories, sub-categories, and tastes amongst metal fans as to make the task a virtual impossibility. It would be almost as pointless as trying to list the top 10 worst jazz albums. Circus's assessment of "silly" is a understatement.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »

Meh. Most of these albums are the "usual suspects" that turn up in casual-fan conversations. Trust me, there is much, MUCH worse out there.

Though as a diehard fan of Raven, I have to admit that I chuckled at this comment about their less-than-spectacular THE PACK IS BACK ALBUM:

Raven were building a strong base back in the early 1980s, but then, like so many bands who wanted to stay employed, they listened to their record company and made this, this...thing, complete with a cover of the Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'." Because everyone knows you break an underground metal band with a Stevie Winwood song.

It's funny cuz it's true!  TeddyR

Off the top of my head I would nominate Helloween's CHAMELEON, Judas Priest's DEMOLITION or Body Count's BORN DEAD, all of which are worse than anything on this list.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »

Iron Maiden's album Virtual XI is worse than Fear Of The Dark
Black Sabbath's album Born Again is worse than Never Say Die

as for others, Slayer - Diabolos In Musica was below standard I thought also Megadeth - Cryptic Writings I could never get into

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »

What the hell kind of a list was that??????.

Upon reading the thread title, I was interested to see what albums made the list.

But then I saw the link.

The minute I saw the word yahoo attached to the web address, it was obvious that we were dealing with someone who doesn't know metal outside of Metallica. What was written really showed it.

Well, that's Yahoo for you.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:02:15 PM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »

Also, in my opinion metal is a bit like appreciation of movies. Some we like because it's just damn good hard music. Some we hate because it's just awful. But some we like despite being bad, just like bad movies. Some of Judas Priest's music is like that for me, just godawful and silly but I appreciate it nonetheless, although I do genuinely appreciate some of the band's output.

I guess my main point is that a top 10 worst metal albums is kind of like trying to do a top 10 worst movies list. There's just not much point or hope of success.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »

5,248 comments
voltron

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »

Anything by Pantera should be on that list.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

blasphemy  Buggedout

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 03:00:25 PM »

blasphemy  Buggedout

Case in point between those two posts alone. A top 10 worst HM albums list is pointless.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »

blasphemy  Buggedout

Case in point between those two posts alone. A top 10 worst HM albums list is pointless.

I could honestly compile one that would be fair and accurate, but I doubt if anyone will have heard the bands or albums I could list. The criteria is pretty straight-forward, anything that's badly produced, poorly played, boring and a lyrical cheesefest. I think naming the worst stuff by well known artists is always going to cause controversy and a clash of tastes, it's the same with movies. Anyone who compiles best of/worst of lists can't possibly have heard or seen everything out there to be able to pass "unbiased" judgement.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The 10 Worst Heavy Metal Albums « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.