Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:25:18 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which is Worse? Superman IV: The Quest for Peace or Batman & Robin « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which is Worse? Superman IV: The Quest for Peace or Batman & Robin  (Read 3793 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: September 27, 2011, 07:26:19 PM »

The absolute lowpoints in both comic movie series that took many years just to get another film based on the character.  One is plagued with a nuclear weapon lesson about its dangers while one rolls around in silly 60's camp value that doesn't match up with the tone of the rest of the series.  One suffers from terrible special effects and one suffers from bad dialogue and annoying puns (Stay cool!). One suffers from way too many subplots and rehashes earlier parts from other films in the series while the other derails almost every single character in the series.  However, in the end, both suck and nearly killed a franchise to make movies off of.

Now, let's take a moment to look at both of these movies as a whole and figure out which was the worst.  Which of these films is worse?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »

Neither are that bad.

Superman III and, hell, Superman Returns are both significantly harder to get through than Superman IV.  Superman IV is actually a lot of fun.

Batman Forever and Batman Begins are both much, much worse than Batman and Robin.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »

Neither are that bad.

Superman III and, hell, Superman Returns are both significantly harder to get through than Superman IV.  Superman IV is actually a lot of fun.

Batman Forever and Batman Begins are both much, much worse than Batman and Robin.

Well, staying on topic of these two movies in particular, if I had to force you to pick (Not that I would force you or anything.  I'm more of a peer pressure individual), which one would think is worse?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »

akiraturbo is just being akiraturbo. Gotta love him.

Both are largely seen as disasters, and while some may enjoy them from a bad movie perspective, it's a fair topic. I will vote for Batman and Robin.

I will partially agree with akiraturbo on one point, however. First, he has a point about Superman III. I would be hard-pressed to name which one I thought was worse between III and IV. For me, Superman I and II are the only two that exist from the Reeves franchise.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »

Batman and Robin was worse . Actually I kind of enjoy the cheesy later Superman movies as they for me at least were fun. There are some things I actually liked about Batman and Robin but it never really achieves that 60s TV series vibe it was going for, at least I don't feel it fully succeeds in this fashion. Honestly though I think I too might prefer Batman and Robin over Batman Begins and what I've seen so far of The Dark Knight.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

Well, staying on topic of these two movies in particular, if I had to force you to pick (Not that I would force you or anything.  I'm more of a peer pressure individual), which one would think is worse?

In that case, Batman & Robin.  Superman IV is actually my favorite of the Chris Reeve movies.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »

I enjoyed them both.  I enjoy them BOTH far more than Superman Returns and each of the new Batman movies.  Still, having to choose between the two of them, I think Superman wasn't quite as much fun as Batman and Robin was. 
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 07:10:53 AM »

I'm going to have to go on personal experience and say Batman and Robin. I'm not a big Superman fan, but I'm a HUGE Batman fan. I loved Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan's renditions of him, but I found Joel Schumacher's films to be disgusting displays of serious mischaracterization*. Admittedly I don't hate Joel. Falling Down is one of my favorite movies; but I NEVER want to see him do Batman again.

*Not sure if that's a real word or I'm just a moron.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:57:01 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Hammock Rider

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »

I think Superman 4 was worse, just because as someone said, it wasn't much fun. B&R at least you can make fun of how bad it is. It's inspiringly bad, if that's a phrase, while to me Supes 4 was just uninspired.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »

Batman and Robin as it is impossible to finish it in one sitting.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »

I think out of the Superman series Superman IV was the worst of the series (this includes Superman Returns).

Batman and Robin was a joke, but so was the third.

If I had to choose either one I could not do so, both were very silly.   Bluesad

Batman and Robin could squeak out ahead though.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »

But I can finish it in one sitting.

Oh God!  I'm a paradox!    Buggedout
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 11:28:30 PM »

Your a God-damn Paradox Chainsaw Midget!

"Where did I get this from?"

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »

Well....I've never been able to make it through Batman and Robin and I never saw Superman IV so I can't really say. I didn't like Superman III and skipped the last one.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which is Worse? Superman IV: The Quest for Peace or Batman & Robin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.