Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:58:52 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm trying not to be heartbroken..... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: I'm trying not to be heartbroken.....  (Read 13559 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 04:50:23 AM »

So sorry to hear that!  I know I’m coming in a little late, but I hope things get better for you!  I think you did the right thing and there’s a lot of good advice here!  I don’t know if you thought of it, but the way it sounds to me, it seems like maybe you’re a little too good to be true for him.   I know you had previously mentioned that when you met him initially, there were no long term intentions, but you guys kind of squashed that as the relationship grew.  Maybe the situation with his ex makes it impossible (or seemingly impossible) for him to have a long-term relationship with someone else.   I hope that doesn’t make you feel worse!  I still have hope for you!  You seem like a great catch and no matter what he does, he can’t make you stop caring.  I do think he should at least give you an explanation.

You’ve got friends here!  We all like you!  And these guys are always good for a laugh when you need it!

Thanks Paquita for your lovely kind words  Cheers

He texted me on Sunday and asked to come over last night.  He came after work and we were both quite wary initially.  I was so happy to see him I jumped on him and kissed him and he relaxed.  We chatted like old friends and in one of the silences I asked him if he still loved me and he said "yes I do."  Then I asked him if he wanted us and he said "I do want that".  After that, everything was good.  We went to bed a couple of hours later and made love which we hadn't done for 2 weeks (mainly because he's always exhausted and stressed) and it was wonderful

As we were falling asleep, I said, "Sean, I was really heartbroken when you dumped me."  He said, "I know honey."  And I said, "please don't ever hurt me like that again."  And he said "I won't.  I love you.  We'll talk more on Thursday."  Then I fell asleep happy.  We are seeing each other on Thursday and we'll nut it all out then.

So, cause for celebration after all.  He needs to sort his living situation out with his ex and he knows it.  It's not a living situation either of them really want but it's good for the kids and above everything they love their kids and want a stable life for them.  But Sean wants us to live together and he knows I won't do it while she's in the house.

But that's talk for much later down the track.  My lease here in my apartment is still valid until June, so there won't be any movement on my part until at least then.

When we have our heart-to-heart on Thursday, I'll post a separate entry to let everyone know what happened.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 05:13:02 AM »

Right: that post has just made me  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Hope it all works out for you, KB.  Smile

In the meantime, please think of me because I'm about to watch the horror that is The Demon  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »

Right: that post has just made me  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Hope it all works out for you, KB.  Smile

In the meantime, please think of me because I'm about to watch the horror that is The Demon  Buggedout Buggedout

I haven't seen that one.  I'll have to check it out.  Remember, Trevor, there is absolutely no shame in screaming like a little girl and hiding under the sofa   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 06:19:55 AM »

I haven't seen that one.  I'll have to check it out.  Remember, Trevor, there is absolutely no shame in screaming like a little girl and hiding under the sofa   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

The problem I have with The Demon [says he, getting up from under his desk, gibbering in fear  Buggedout Wink] is that the producer/writer/director, Percival Rubens was a good friend of mine and the DP on the film, Vincent G Cox ASC is a mentor to me. I cannot handle the fact that those two made such a horrible film.  Buggedout Buggedout

We have the uncut, uncensored 35mm print in the film archives, btw: lots more gore, lots more nekkid Jennifer Holmes, lots more bare bums in saggy panties  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout  and lots more shots of the sea.  TongueOut
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:22:14 AM by Trevor » Logged

Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »

I haven't seen that one.  I'll have to check it out.  Remember, Trevor, there is absolutely no shame in screaming like a little girl and hiding under the sofa   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

The problem I have with The Demon [says he, getting up from under his desk, gibbering in fear  Buggedout Wink] is that the producer/writer/director, Percival Rubens was a good friend of mine and the DP on the film, Vincent G Cox ASC is a mentor to me. I cannot handle the fact that those two made such a horrible film.  Buggedout Buggedout

I see.  I was under the impression it was a scary film, not a horrible one.  Even good people can make lousy films sometimes.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 06:29:46 AM »

I see.  I was under the impression it was a scary film, not a horrible one.  Even good people can make lousy films sometimes.

I have the bare bums, sorry, can't get that image out of my mind  Wink bare-bones DVD on my desk: the tagline says THE SCREAMS YOU HEAR MAY BE YOUR OWN. Quite correct: those are the screams I utter when the DVD becomes a frisbee.  TeddyR TeddyR

Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 06:51:05 AM »

I have the bare bums, sorry, can't get that image out of my mind  Wink bare-bones DVD on my desk: the tagline says THE SCREAMS YOU HEAR MAY BE YOUR OWN. Quite correct: those are the screams I utter when the DVD becomes a frisbee.  TeddyR TeddyR

See?  All is not lost.  The DVD is actually a useful object after all    TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Cthulhu

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »

So sorry to hear that!  I know I’m coming in a little late, but I hope things get better for you!  I think you did the right thing and there’s a lot of good advice here!  I don’t know if you thought of it, but the way it sounds to me, it seems like maybe you’re a little too good to be true for him.   I know you had previously mentioned that when you met him initially, there were no long term intentions, but you guys kind of squashed that as the relationship grew.  Maybe the situation with his ex makes it impossible (or seemingly impossible) for him to have a long-term relationship with someone else.   I hope that doesn’t make you feel worse!  I still have hope for you!  You seem like a great catch and no matter what he does, he can’t make you stop caring.  I do think he should at least give you an explanation.

You’ve got friends here!  We all like you!  And these guys are always good for a laugh when you need it!

Thanks Paquita for your lovely kind words  Cheers

He texted me on Sunday and asked to come over last night.  He came after work and we were both quite wary initially.  I was so happy to see him I jumped on him and kissed him and he relaxed.  We chatted like old friends and in one of the silences I asked him if he still loved me and he said "yes I do."  Then I asked him if he wanted us and he said "I do want that".  After that, everything was good.  We went to bed a couple of hours later and made love which we hadn't done for 2 weeks (mainly because he's always exhausted and stressed) and it was wonderful

As we were falling asleep, I said, "Sean, I was really heartbroken when you dumped me."  He said, "I know honey."  And I said, "please don't ever hurt me like that again."  And he said "I won't.  I love you.  We'll talk more on Thursday."  Then I fell asleep happy.  We are seeing each other on Thursday and we'll nut it all out then.

So, cause for celebration after all.  He needs to sort his living situation out with his ex and he knows it.  It's not a living situation either of them really want but it's good for the kids and above everything they love their kids and want a stable life for them.  But Sean wants us to live together and he knows I won't do it while she's in the house.

But that's talk for much later down the track.  My lease here in my apartment is still valid until June, so there won't be any movement on my part until at least then.

When we have our heart-to-heart on Thursday, I'll post a separate entry to let everyone know what happened.
You see? I told you everything would work out fine!
I'm so glad that this problem was solved. Thumbup Cheers
Mike Justice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »

We have the uncut, uncensored 35mm print in the film archives, btw: lots more gore, lots more nekkid Jennifer Holmes, lots more bare bums in saggy panties  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout  and lots more shots of the sea.  TongueOut

Is the uncut, uncensored one basically just like the regular one that's been available on American video forever, or is there anything new and interesting about it? 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm trying not to be heartbroken..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.