Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:15:45 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Three Musketeers (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Three Musketeers (2011)  (Read 6221 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 01, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »

NOPE! This is NOT going to be good! No chance in hell! You can't steam punk the Three Musketeers! Up yours, Paul W.S. Anderson!  Hatred

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

NOPE! This is NOT going to be good! No chance in hell! You can't steam punk the Three Musketeers! Up yours, Paul W.S. Anderson!  Hatred

Oh your no fun!  This sounds quite interesting and fun, though we need a better director to make this great.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:21:57 AM »

The trailers look like a spoof of modern action movie cliches (like the slow motion slide under the bullets, and the action female).  It really looks bad. 
claws
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:33:37 AM »

This was filmed in my neighborhood last year September/October. It was nice to see familiar, local places in the trailer. I won't be watching this at the theater but I will check it out once it hits Blu-ray.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »

I'm a sucker for any interpretation of the Three Musketeers and Milla is my girl so I'm planning on seeing this.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:30:23 AM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Archivist

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 01:48:17 AM »

Yeah, I'm up for this one, too.  Count me in for the 3D funtimes!

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »

There's a growing trend of movies that take a classic story and change it to the point of being completely irrelevant. No thank you.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »

I think I'll skip this one.

I've seen the . . . version,
and I enjoyed them all. But, the book by Dumas, pere, I just find it totally unreadable. And that is not the only French novel, where I enjoyed all the film versions, but could never get into the book. Hugo's "Les Miserables" is the same way. But there I have seen five different film versions of it, and I enjoyed them all, but I just found the book to be totally unreadable.

I think the only French novelist I truly enjoy is Jules Verne, even though his novels are both hit and miss with me.

"Around the World in Eighty Days." Totally enjoyable. Read it many times.
"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." So-so. The book is readable, but the 1954 film is more enjoyable.
"Journey to the Center of the Earth." Totally unreadable. Little if anything seems to happen.
All of these, of course, having been made into films. Sometimes multiple times.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »

The trailers look like a spoof of modern action movie cliches (like the slow motion slide under the bullets, and the action female).  It really looks bad.  

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw a trailer for it. Although I like the general story....I actually liked the campy version with Charlie Sheen and Keifer Sutherland....this version looks like a waste of my time. BTW....my main draw for that campy one was Tim Curry.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

Why do they call them musketeers when they're always fighting with swords?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:17 PM »

Why do they call them musketeers when they're always fighting with swords?

I don't know whether any of the film versions go into it, but the King's Musketeers were trained to fire and fight with muskets. Then  fight with swords only when the enemy got close enough to use swords. 

And when I saw "Real Steel," which was more enjoyable than I thought it'd be, I saw the trailer for "Three Musketeers." And oh God, it was worst than I expected. If I had any doubts about not seeing it, then the trailer killed off those doubts.
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »

I've seen on a couple of movie sites where they said that the W.S. in Paul W.S. Anderson's name stands for "What Script".

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 08:07:55 PM »

I've seen on a couple of movie sites where they said that the W.S. in Paul W.S. Anderson's name stands for "What Script".
So what does the "M" in "M. Night Shyalaman stand for then? ;)
Anyhow, can't wait to not see this.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »

I don't plan on seeing this. The strange thing is I might have given it a chance if it wasn't called The Three Musketeers. 

When Disney released their version of Hunchback of Notre Dame and I saw it had colorful songs and quirky sidekicks, I made a conscience effort not to see the movie for as long as I could.  Being only somewhat familiar with the source material, I knew it couldn't be like the cartoon Disney was putting out and the movie would get a lot wrong. On a positive note, that decision not to see it made me get the original novel from the library an read it for myself.

What does this have to due with the Three Musketeers. Its the same situation. An even more blatant changing of the source material. If they had said that this was some original property merely set during the time of musketeers, I might have seen it hoping for a steampunk action film with some interesting (if not cliche by this point) visuals.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 01:08:58 AM »

I actually thought this film was going to be interesting and possibly fun and exciting.

...until I saw Paul WS Anderson's name used.   Hatred  Yeah, I'll be skipping this.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Three Musketeers (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.