Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:33 PM
713360 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2012 (2010) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 (2010)  (Read 4122 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: October 01, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »

Small | Large

Ok,so yer likey wondering why I posted a Clutch Cargo cartoon  video in a review of 2012.
Quite simpley-any given episode of that insane,mind numbing,will -leave-you-drooling like-a lobotomy victum,cartoon has a better script,better acting,and better dialouge- than the moron ejculate that is 2012.

And it cost them MILLIONS of dollars to make it smell like a 3 month old  s**tty cat box!
Amazingly bad...and NOT in a good way.
I HATE this movie. It exemplifies every thing that is wrong with Hollywood.

Only kids 9 or under -possibly someone with the I.Q. of Lenny in OF MICE AND MEN could find even a passing interest in this curled milk of a movie. It smells like fish bait worms left in the trunk of your car on a hot summer day.
If you HAVE seen it...you feel my pain.
If not-run away. Run FAR away! As the folk in Translyvania would say...for your Mother's sake.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:46:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:43 PM »

good rant  Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »

good rant  Thumbup
Its not a rant. its a lament to films...that took themselves seriously. There ARE good films being made. Eastwoods The CHANGLING. SHUTTER ISLAND. The WRESTLER. But it is so overwhelmed with garbage like this and the LOSERS,SILENT HILL,and the crappy remakes. I spit on your Grave? Last House on the left. I wont pay money to see the s**t. It,crazy. So what. Yer movie. Pay me to see it.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:49:27 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »

I thought "2012" was hilarious. The problem was, it wasn't intended to be a comedy.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »

I agree 100% with you about this movie, RC. It is some of the worst story telling and film making I have ever seen. I am ashamed for Jon Cusack. And angry that I wasted two hours or so of my life watching such crap.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
dean

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »

The movie was terrible but I had a great time at the cinema watching it because my friends and I just rolled up our sleeves and tore it to shreds.

Still, this is probably the best video about 2012 I've seen:

Small | Large

Very appropriate in highlighting the silliness of that movie...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »

Eh, I enjoyed myself. Yeah, it was pretty stupid, but I stayed for the eye candy (and I'm not just referring to a middle-aged John Cusack).

Then again, I don't expect much more from Roland Emmerich than high-gloss scenes of destruction, so I went in with low expectations. Those expectations... met!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:35:25 PM »

No, I'll agree with RC here for the most part. Roland Emmerich as a filmmaker exemplifies everything that is wrong with Hollywood, and so it doesn't surprise me that 2012 is being called such. He makes movies with gazillion-dollar budgets, big stars, and they are among the worst tripe on celluloid. The man cannot direct actors to submit anything but cardboard caricatures of characters that, at least I think, are supposed to resemble an archtype of some kind. And that's just scratching the surface of his problems. That's cool if people enjoy his movies to rip into them. I myself can do that with Independence Day to some extent. Beyond that, however, I think Emmerich is on par with Ewe Boll.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:22 AM »

My brother is an absolute fiend for disaster movies.  He loves things like The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure, and he doesn't mind movies like Pearl Harbour and Armageddon for similar themes.  So when 2012 was announced he was virtually in spasms of anticipation.

Some time ago, I asked him if he'd seen it.  He murmured something about the DVD.  Usually if he likes a movie he'll be all like, 'yeah, it's great!  I'll give you the DVD so you can see it!'  Nothing like that was forthcoming.

He wasn't as directly scathing as some of you guys, but he used our code which is, 'welllll, it's not exactly the BEST or most WELL MADE or COHERENT movies I've ever seen...'

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »

I remember sitting in the theater watching 2012 thinking to myself, "Well, there's another scene of John Cusak running away from mediocre CGI."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »

Dean nailed it in one.
Yeah, this thing is an FX wet dream, and a dramatic MANOS.
Being pursued by multipul threats that never connect...heh heh heh heh...makes me think of a Pratchett style gathering of the fates, and they are SO screwing with each other.
"AH! They got away again! This is all your doing Offler, I just know it."
A Rifffest I'm sure the guys at Rifftrax and Cinematic titanic will get to.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »

The title alone is annoying, but expedient.  (It was hard to find this thread).  I watched most of THIS the other night.  Uh... how do a few people stop the turbines of a ship that is built to accomodate 100,000 people...???   Question 
Great special effects, overlong, and DUMB!!! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »

I thought "2012" was hilarious. The problem was, it wasn't intended to be a comedy.
Wait, no... seriously?
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »

Wait, no... seriously?
Ah, but therein lies the power of the riff...it's served best with blatant incompetence and a fine absurdity.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2012 (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.