Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:21:48 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is there no end to this? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there no end to this?  (Read 1353 times)
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« on: October 04, 2011, 02:19:07 PM »

hi
You guys know i have three children,two girls and one boy.When my eldest daughter turned 13 within days she had changed from a respectful girl into a rampaging hormone fuelled teenager.I accepted all the crap she handed out to me because i realised that she was a teenager and she was testing her boundaries.My eldest daughter is now almost 15 and she is a wonderful girl again and she really does help me out. But now,WHAM!!! my wife is just going through her early stages of the menopause.She is like my worst nightmare,every word i say is wrong every action is scrutinised and i am almost at the end of the road.I fully realise that most women have a difficult transition through the menopause but, when will it end?.I have of course got some good news out of all this ,it appears that my wife has lost the urge to engage in sex. Thumbup

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »

hi
You guys know i have three children,two girls and one boy.When my eldest daughter turned 13 within days she had changed from a respectful girl into a rampaging hormone fuelled teenager.I accepted all the crap she handed out to me because i realised that she was a teenager and she was testing her boundaries.My eldest daughter is now almost 15 and she is a wonderful girl again and she really does help me out. But now,WHAM!!! my wife is just going through her early stages of the menopause.She is like my worst nightmare,every word i say is wrong every action is scrutinised and i am almost at the end of the road.I fully realise that most women have a difficult transition through the menopause but, when will it end?.I have of course got some good news out of all this ,it appears that my wife has lost the urge to engage in sex. Thumbup

Well someday I'll be dealing with that too I'm sure. My wife is a firecracker. Strong-willed, hot-headed, pretty much fulfills the redheaded Irish stereotype in many ways. She's also a wonderful and fearless mother who would take on any machine-gun nest for her kids. She is pregnant with our third now, and the hormones are kicking in, and some days it's not pretty. Some days it's just as you say, anything I say is wrong. It's worst this time around that with our first two, but I also have to take into consideration that she is a stay-at-home mom now whereas she worked through our first two, and she is dealing with the drama that is a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 1/3 year old all day, the oldest of which is a very spirited boy to say the least, and by the time I get home her hormones are coursing through her shot nerves, so I'm keep it as sympathetic as I can. I know that she will come around at some point over the next 24 hours and she will be her again. When I think about it realistically, would I want to trade places, go through all the crap that a woman goes through with her body through the course of a pregnancy, and then cap it off with labor and birth? If I answer honestly, then hell no. So I just be as nice as I can and I know that she appreciates it, even though she has trouble acknowledging it right now.

That's just my personal opinion. I just ask myself, would I want to trade places. If the answer is no, then I just smile and provide a wide berth.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »

From personal observation, I think that women tend to go through a difficult period in their lives between 35 and 45.  Most of the time it appears they are unhappy with things and want to make changes to become happy.  Very often it is their partner (husband, etc.) who bears a brunt of this, because they are obviously very close and any changes are likely to involve them.  I've noticed it most in women who have been raising children, and are probably done having children.  Maybe it is related to the demands that carrying children causes, and the subsequent pressure and stress of caring for children? 

Carrying and caring for children is hard on women.  Menopause and the hormone changes they go through monthly are hard on women.  Plainly put:  it is hard being a placental mammal.

I'm certain that men go through the same sort of thing; I'm just too close to the issue to see it clearly.  Us men seem to hit 30 or 40 and suddenly have a mid-life crisis that involves a Harley or a girlfriend (or both).

I also have to take into consideration that she is a stay-at-home mom now whereas she worked through our first two, and she is dealing with the drama that is a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 1/3 year old all day, the oldest of which is a very spirited boy to say the least, and by the time I get home her hormones are coursing through her shot nerves, so I'm keep it as sympathetic as I can.

The terrible twos are nothing in our kids, but the ages of 3-5 are absolutely painful.  Both Jenna and Andy were frustrating to the extreme until part of the way into their 5th years.  Garrett is 4 now, so we are in the middle of it for him, but he has always been a less trying child than his older siblings.  Katie was functioning as a stay at home mom when Jenna was 5 and Andy 3.  I remember those being some very rough times.  Best wishes to your wife.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »

As I cruise into 40 (as does my wife) I'm seeing this too...  Its the circle of life. (cue music)

As for Terrible 2's, my kid's teachers say the 3's are worse... That is when they learn that its not so bad to sit in a chair for a few minutes.   Once mine hit 4 she became great (we're still there) and the younger is just hittiong toddlerhood.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »

Teenagers can be quite a handfull. When my daughter hit her early teens she was pretty nice but  once and a while every bit of dust in the air would tick her off,every word was a challenge of her emerging independence. However,she just turned 20 in August and she is a real sweetheart again.
As for "the change",well,I'm 47 and expecting it any time now. I think my twin is going through it now and it's just like my daughter....that every speck of dust makes her mad thing all over again. I'm so glad my hubby is a patient man.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is there no end to this? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.