Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:50:52 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How much cash do you usually carry around? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How much cash do you usually carry around?  (Read 6412 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »

I'm very glad I'm not the only one putting a pack of gum on a debit card.  I've been doing that s**t for years now.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »

I usually carry about $20 in cash for the week. I use debit for most everything else.  Credit only if absolutely necessary. I hate carrying around coin change.  I have a large pretzel container I throw my change in.  When it gets half full, I take it coin counter places and get cash for it.

Hold onto your dreams ....
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »

Using paper money and coins is often an annoyance now.  I hate when I'm in line at a store (usually the supermarket) and someone starts counting out money to hand to the cashier.  Especially women and old people (I'm not stereotyping here . . . I'm convinced this is a scientific fact).  Women and old people usually strive to pay with the exact change.  So they hold up the entire line at the cash register while they count out the money:

$47.53?  Okay, here's ten, twenty, thirty, forty . . . five, six seven . . . and twenty-five, thirty-five, forty-five, fifty cents.  Wait just a second, I think I have three pennies." (Begins digging around in change purse or pants pocket).

JUST PAY FOR THE f**kING THING AND GET OUT OF MY WAY!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 09:04:16 AM »

I try to keep a twenty in my wallet 'for emergencies'. I guess I'm being optimistic in assuming any emergency I may encounter can be bought off for 20 bucks.

When we do 'food runs' at work there are individuals who refuse to take cash. I've done the food run and dealt with people's cash (and change) - and it is a pain.

Just gimme a stack of cards to swipe.

I also find myself recently avoiding any grocery store that does not have the self-check out line.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »

$47.53?  Okay, here's ten, twenty, thirty, forty . . . five, six seven . . . and twenty-five, thirty-five, forty-five, fifty cents.  Wait just a second, I think I have three pennies." (Begins digging around in change purse or pants pocket).

Checks are great too.  First dig through the bottom of the gigantic purse to find the checkbook, then dig through it again to find the pen (even though there's probably ten of them right there on the counter).  Then start writing the damn thing out like they're doing calligraphy, and of course it's one of those checkbooks that makes a carbon copy of every check written out.  and of course that doesn't work.  So then they write out and entire second copy of it for themselves.

And then the inevitable:
"Are you a member of our cash rewards program?"
"Cash rewards program?"
"Yes, let me explain the benefits of the program and get your personal information so we can sign you up..."

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Raffine

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »

Checks are great too.  First dig through the bottom of the gigantic purse to find the checkbook, then dig through it again to find the pen (even though there's probably ten of them right there on the counter).  Then start writing the damn thing out like they're doing calligraphy, and of course it's one of those checkbooks that makes a carbon copy of every check written out.  and of course that doesn't work.  So then they write out and entire second copy of it for themselves.

And then the inevitable:
"Are you a member of our cash rewards program?"
"Cash rewards program?"
"Yes, let me explain the benefits of the program and get your personal information so we can sign you up..."

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
All reasons why I love those self-check out stores.  Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »

RArely any, I usually fritter it away

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
akiratubo

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »

All reasons why I love those self-check out stores.  Thumbup

Self checkout is the only one I'll use.  I even prefer bagging my own groceries.  Don't get milk jugs on top of the bread that way.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »

$60.00

Or, at least, it starts out being $60.00, as I use the ATM at the nearest 7-11, and it spits out $60.00 at a time. Then I spend that $60.00 as I need it, and when I need more I go back to the ATM at 7-11 and get $60.00.

Right now I'm down to $4.00, which I'm going to spend at the store, on the way home, for a jar of peanut butter. Which means tomorrow I'll be back at the ATM at 7-11 getting out another $60.00.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »

At least 50 bucks usually.  I get 200 rent from my brother every 2 weeks and that acts as pocket money.  I am well off enough that I don't need to put it all in the bank.  I have no fear of being mugged.  If someone threatened me they would have to pry it off my cold, dead hands.  Even if they do they will not leave without a debilitating injury.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »

I have a $5.00 bill and two singles in my pocket right now. That's the most actual "cash" I've had on my person in months... and I'll probably end up blowing it on something stupid.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »

None, because I never have any money. =)

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How much cash do you usually carry around? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.