Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:36 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Worst Candy? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What's the Worst Candy?  (Read 5935 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »

Dots, Peeps, black licorice.

I would have to say that I can eat a peep, or a dot.  But I start to gag at the flavor of black licorice.

Now, TWIZZLERS, on the other hand...  :D
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »

I don't like sweetarts, redhots,  or gummy anything.  I LOVE chocolate, but don't like dark chocolate.  I hate non parels ... those little chocolate wafer-like things with the little white sprinkle candy on top. I also don't like the fruit flavored gums ... strawberry cheezecake, pina colada  .... Blech!

Hold onto your dreams ....
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:47 PM »

I would say anything with peanut butter, but I fear that I would be killed for that  TongueOut But I do hate Sweet tarts, Red Hots, and anything cinnamon flavored.

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »

Those little PEZ dispensers are a collector's dream but the actual candy taste like sweetened soap.

Sugar Daddy seem like a good idea, but that rock hard caramel slab has no real flavor but overpowering 'sweet' plus it is guaranteed to remove any fillings or other dental work in your mouth. You will also be digging Sugar Daddy boogers out of your teeth for days.

I agree on those Necco Wafers. I remember in middle school when working in the consession stand at ball games we'd use packs of Necco Wafers to kill roaches.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 02:46:58 AM »

Popeye cigarette sticks are pretty bad.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 03:33:52 AM »

Wax lips are gross.
Never liked candy corn.
Sixlets taste weird to me.
Not too crazy about Necco Wafers either.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 04:09:47 AM »

I LOVE circus peanuts.

Worst I would have to say is white chocolate. That crap is disgusting.

Why didn't we do this thread in the 'Top 100 list' format. I liked those threads. ..

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
claws
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 05:44:08 AM »

black licorice and gummi bears.
They are both nasty in my opinion.
Paquita

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »

Licorice Snaps!  My mom could eat buckets of them, but even she admits the pink ones smell and taste like perfume.  My uncle wrote the company to complain that the pink ones taste awful and got a letter back saying they're trying to perfect the recipe for the pink ones because they found out they have to be made at a different temperature than the others.. or something like that.  They're all terrible.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

Candy I truly cannot stand:

Bit-o-Honey
Chic-o-Stic
Black licorice

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 03:40:19 AM »

Okay. The worst "candy" I've ever eaten is something known as salmiakki. If you follow that link, you'll know more than me going in.

Anyway, here is the train of events.

I showed up to the break room of my place of employment to find a mysterious tin. It was a round paint tin covered in Cyrillic lettering (the Russian alphabet), and the only indication of what was in was a stylized picture of a man breathing fire. Being a far too curious sort, I pried open this tin (literally pried open the tin like a paint can) to see what was inside. What was inside was a pile of hard diamond shaped candies that smelled strongly of black licorice.

Now, a normal person would or should have stopped there. Me, I popped one of these things in my mouth.

A lot of people don't like black licorice, but I'm okay with it. These were the most overpoweringly black licorice things I've ever eaten. But that's not enough. The reason there was a picture of man eating fire on the tin was because the candies were loaded with citric acid. That's right, they weren't hot because they were loaded with capsaicin, they were hot because there was so much citric acid in them that they would literally demolish the mouth of anybody eating them.

So the already objectionable black licorice was made much worse by being loaded with acid. Yes, literal acid. But it gets worse.

Like any hard candy, there reaches a point when you're sick of it and you simply bite down and crack it open. I reached that point, and as soon as I did I reached the final kicker of the candy. The liquid core of the candy was concentrated ammonia. I don't know if you've ever found yourself in that situation, but surprising ammonia is never pleasant.

So, yes, black licorice, an overload of acid, and ammonia. That is the candy that is known as salmiakki.

The only reason I know so much about it is because I was literally worried that I had just poisoned myself.

I sent out a strongly worded email about "who the hell left the ammonia-based licorice fire candy in the break room?"

Turns out my boss had been visited by some librarians from some Scandinavian country, and they had brought her these candies. Naturally, she thought they were terrible, so she inflicted them upon us without telling anybody.

Apparently, salmiakki is a candy people enjoy there. Not me. It boggles my mind that anybody would find them enjoyable. But people do.

For me, it's not only one of the worst candies I've ever had, it's one of the worst things I've ever eaten.

Salmiakki is the worst candy. The worst.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:16 AM »

Turns out my boss had been visited by some librarians from some Scandinavian country, and they had brought her these candies. Naturally, she thought they were terrible, so she inflicted them upon us without telling anybody.

Apparently, salmiakki is a candy people enjoy there. Not me. It boggles my mind that anybody would find them enjoyable. But people do.

For me, it's not only one of the worst candies I've ever had, it's one of the worst things I've ever eaten.

Salmiakki is the worst candy. The worst.

Oh, I don't know: after a good feed of lutefisk it might come off quite well.   TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »

Wax lips are gross.

When I was a kid, I used to buy these quite frequently.  I guess they were much more popular around 1969/70 than they are now.  It was great when you pulled them out of your mouth along with a 12-inch-long cable of saliva.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Worst Candy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.