Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:35 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So who do you like for President? (Obviously, a political thread!) « previous next »
Poll
Question: If the Election were held today, which of the candidates would you support?  (Voting closed: November 09, 2011, 11:40:18 PM)
NONE OF THEM! They're all stooges! - 7 (30.4%)
Obama!  He's earned 4 more years! - 4 (17.4%)
Romney.  He looks Presidential. - 1 (4.3%)
Rick Perry is the man! - 0 (0%)
Ron Paul - the only choice! - 4 (17.4%)
Herman Cain - he can do it! - 2 (8.7%)
Michelle Bachmann - 0 (0%)
Newt Gingrich - 0 (0%)
John Huntsman - 2 (8.7%)
Gary Johnson (the "shovel ready" guy - 0 (0%)
Bill and Opus in 2012! - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: So who do you like for President? (Obviously, a political thread!)  (Read 16643 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: October 09, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »

I don't want this one to be a flame war, but at the same time, we are heading into what could be a very consequential Presidential election.  The Democrats are renominating President Obama, of course, but the Republican field is still pretty wide open.  Without a bunch of debate and argument, tell me who you like (either by voting anonymously, or voting, then posting the reason why).  This is for no other reason than my own curiosity.  Thanks for your participation!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:09 PM »

Since it's my thread, I'll vote first.  I genuinely like Rick Perry and he has been a good governor for Texas, for the  most part, but the more I hear Herman Cain the more I like him.  He is eloquent, persuasive, and seems to have a clear idea what to do.  If he is still in the running when we get to the Texas primary, he's got my vote (for now, anyway!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »

NONE, they should have the guys from Iron Maiden as the prez. they would liven things up a bit!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:33:21 AM by El Toro Loco » Logged

yeah no.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »

Aliens who take over Earth.  They couldn't do any worse than we have!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 02:37:15 AM »

Nobody really, but since Bill and Opus were nominated, I am going with them.

I'll probably end up voting for Obama, but it's really an evil of two lessers vote. The last four years have been... uninspiring.

I don't like Rick Perry, but I dislike when politics get in the way of reason. If a candidate ever arose with a reasonable background in the sciences, I would probably vote for them. Then again, they'd probably be a horrible politician.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 07:18:55 AM »

Indy: I've got a question for you about Perry. I'm surprised you would support him after what he's done to education funding in Texas. As an educator, what is his appeal to you? I personally could not support him whatever his stance on other issues might be just based on his devaluing of education in a state that so desperately needs reform in that area.

I personally kind of like Cain, but I'm still undecided.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 07:53:50 AM »

There is no one in the current stable of candidates that instills confidence in me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »

I would vote for Bill and Opus in a heartbeat.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 08:35:18 AM »

Oh god, are they going through that charade again?  Remind me to not watch TV for the next 13 months.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:32 AM »

No strong feelings but Romney for now.  I don't think I could justify a vote for Obama.

Ron Paul is interesting and I agree with a lot of his politics, philosophically.  But 1) he's unelectable and 2) I have a feeling that if he did somehow manage to get elected it could be a disaster.  I think Congress would run roughshod over him.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »

Obama...I guess. I think he's the lesser of the evils in this case.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »

Of all listed, I would prefer Ron Paul. He represents the antithesis of everything I hate about politics. I watched The Ides of March yesterday, which exemplifies everything I hate about politics. Rev is right though, he is practically unelectable. I wouldn't say unelectable outright, but the only way we could get elected would be if he had dedicated himself as a third-party candidate and the planets aligned just right. Remember, Ross Perot did quite well as a third-party candidate and doesn't carry near the political weight that Ron Paul does. Highly unlikely, however.

Our system is broken, however. The budget deficit is a bigger deal than anybody wants to admit. It can be solved, and it really wouldn't hurt as much as everybody thinks it would, but the two parties refuse to budge on what is to be cut because, ultimately, by giving up they give up power. The Reps are just as guilty of this deficit as the Dems are, but finger-pointing is all we've gotten from them, and it's all we're going to get.

So, ultimately, unless Ron Paul actually gets on the general ballot by some means, my vote will go where it always has, to the libertarian candidate. I don't compromise my ideals at the ballot box.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »

I think almost all of the candidates are dumbass cretins, but that's just me. I voted Obama, mainly because I liked a lot of things he SAID he wanted to do four years ago, but really didn't. Rethinking it, "NONE OF THEM" would have been a more true option for me (so ignore one Obama vote). I like some of the ideas Ron Paul has, but I wouldn't vote for anyone who's not for the seperation of church and state, this simply ignores what Thomas Jefferson said. Then again, I live in Europe so what I think doesn't really matter at all.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »

I gotta say Bill and Opus... But I'll stick witH Obama.  So far the Republican slate is just trying to court the nutty people vote WAY too much.  I got nothing againsta  good fiscal conservative, but sheesh...bring us jobs and leave the gay people alone.  I worry about kids eating and having doctor's access, not legislating social issues.
-Ed
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:46:13 PM by Ed, Ego and Superego » Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »

I think almost all of the candidates are dumbass cretins, but that's just me. I voted Obama, mainly because I liked a lot of things he SAID he wanted to do four years ago, but really didn't. Rethinking it, "NONE OF THEM" would have been a more true option for me (so ignore one Obama vote). I like some of the ideas Ron Paul has, but I wouldn't vote for anyone who's not for the seperation of church and state, this simply ignores what Thomas Jefferson said. Then again, I live in Europe so what I think doesn't really matter at all.

Well, Obama is a hell of a speaker. Nobody can deny that. Even I get caught up sometimes when he starts talking, then I have to bring myself back and realize that he is definitely style over substance. The problem is the style portion of the equation is just too damn good.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So who do you like for President? (Obviously, a political thread!) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.