Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:51:40 AM
714324 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Look HOW Old? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Look HOW Old?  (Read 3225 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 12, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »

The other day a regular customer was commenting on the music I had playing on the radio....I switch off the country when the boss leaves and turn on the oldies. Well,he said that even though he was about 20 years younger than me he really appreciated the music. I asked him how old he was and he said 40....after the look on my face he hesitantly asked how old I was and I said 47. He stumbled around apologizing,saying he thought I was in my 60s since I didn't color my hair and it was solid grey....women grey early in my family. I felt pretty down when he left because my grey had never bothered me before. I guess that makes me a wuss because now it's back to my natural brown.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »

Someone once said I looked 23.

ps, i'm the bigger guy  Smile

yeah no.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »

Ouch, we wewre at walmart with the girls... 18 monthe and 4, and the checker asked if they were havinga good time with Grandma.  Then my wife 39 (with admirable self control said) "No" the genius checker said "Great Aunt? Aunt?"
I had to pull her away before blood was spilled.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

My wife is 10 years older than me.  About 15 years ago, we were out shopping for a car.  We were sitting at the salesman's desk and his manager came over.  The salesman introduced my wife and me to his manager as, "Joe and his mom."  We didn't buy a car from that guy.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »

I'm 43 but up until recently I still got carded semi-regularly.  Most people assume I'm in my 30s, but the gray hair has helped.   Smile

When a woman asks you how old you think she is it's a trap.  I always guess what age I think she is and answer with the ninth year of the previous decade: if I think she's in her 40s I answer 39, if I think she's in her 30s I answer 29, and so on.   Wink
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:15:26 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »

I'm 43 but up until recently I still got carded semi-regularly.  Most people assume I'm in my 30s, but the gray hair has helped.   Smile

When a woman asks you how old you think she is its a trap.  I always guess what age I think she is and answer with the ninth year of the previous decade: if I think she's in her 40s I answer 39, if I think she's in her 30s I answer 29, and so on.   Wink
Where were you with this advice a decade ago, I could have USED it then...
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 05:38:16 PM »

I'm 4 months from my 28th birthday.

I'm oftentimes mistaken to be around the 17-19 range. At a cousin's birthday over the weekend, a friend's father said "You're sneaking a beer? You're mom know you have that?"

I tried convincing him of my age but didn't believe it til I popped out my ID. Same thing happened on vacation.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

but the gray hair has helped.   Smile

Yeah, that little bit of gray "helps" me too. 

I used to get carded for cigarettes, up until about 10 years ago.  So apparently that means I look to be about 28   Thumbup

Well actually, I think they card just about everybody who can walk into the store without assistance.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 11:22:04 PM »

I'm 43 but up until recently I still got carded semi-regularly.  Most people assume I'm in my 30s, but the gray hair has helped.   Smile

When a woman asks you how old you think she is it's a trap.  I always guess what age I think she is and answer with the ninth year of the previous decade: if I think she's in her 40s I answer 39, if I think she's in her 30s I answer 29, and so on.   Wink
I don't give serious answers if asked that.  I'll say something like, "807?  Five?  Oh!  I know!  Somewhere in between!"

People tend to think I'm about 10 years younger than I am. Which is cool.  Kinda odd though.  When I was younger, people thought I was older.  Now that I'm older, people think I'm younger. 
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:52 AM »

I've always looked younger than I am. Not so much these days, because I have gray hairs and am visibly balding.

It amused me when I was younger than 21, because I would always buy alcohol, which is illegal in the U.S if you're not 21. I never got carded if I hadn't shaved. Once I shaved though, I would always be asked for ID.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 07:47:53 AM »

Nowadays people kind of guess my age correctly.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Hammock Rider

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »

This guy is a customer? I say work it. Milk that little faux pas for all it's worth. Smile

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »

This guy is a customer? I say work it. Milk that little faux pas for all it's worth. Smile
LOL...I thought about that but my sister and I have to keep being all smiles. Doesn't seem to matter how rude our boss is....and believe me the customers let us know when he is.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »

My nephew (15) just recently told me I look 30.  (I'm 60).  Lying does have its advantages.   The kid can come and visit any time   TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »

t a wedding once I was sitting next to my then girlfriend and a man came up and asked her if I was her father. People who saw us together often thought I was a pedofile because I (for some reason) look ancient and she permanently looks 12 despite the fact she is 8 months older than me. We don't get this too much these days since now we have kids hanging off of us.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Look HOW Old? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.