Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:43:00 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 15122 times)
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »

It's just crap to babysit little girls. Removing the femininity aspect, it's not even well animated or designed crap.

So your beef is with the animation then and not the writing?
I don't really have a 'beef' with it. I'm more indifferent to it than anything, but am growing increasingly frustrated over the fact that every single forum I go to has a 50-page thread devoted to worshipping this thing, and everywhere I go, I get pony images, pony references, pony memes, etc.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 08:27:03 AM »

As for the remark about it being for little girls, having watched a lot of the show, there is no way this show is just for little kids.  There's some freaky stuff going on in there, such as characters suffering from psychotic breaks for instance.  Plus, there is humor for an older audience.  The creator did say this was a show for both kids and adults.

I agree. An elaborate Benny Hill reference, while little girls will find it funny, is going to mean the most to men over 35. I suppose Benny Hill chases are an internet meme of sorts, but the funniest part of the joke is still going to be lost on nearly everyone who wasn't a fan of Benny Hill. That was clearly put in there for Dad.

I had no idea this cartoon was getting an adult following. I just thought it was much better than I expected it to be, and it's one of the few shows my daughter likes that I can actually enjoy on its merits. Stuff like Caillou, Toopie and Binoo, or Dora I get through by riffing on them. With My Little Pony, I can laugh at things that are supposed to be funny.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »

As for the remark about it being for little girls, having watched a lot of the show, there is no way this show is just for little kids.  There's some freaky stuff going on in there, such as characters suffering from psychotic breaks for instance.  Plus, there is humor for an older audience.  The creator did say this was a show for both kids and adults.

I agree. An elaborate Benny Hill reference, while little girls will find it funny, is going to mean the most to men over 35. I suppose Benny Hill chases are an internet meme of sorts, but the funniest part of the joke is still going to be lost on nearly everyone who wasn't a fan of Benny Hill. That was clearly put in there for Dad.

I had no idea this cartoon was getting an adult following. I just thought it was much better than I expected it to be, and it's one of the few shows my daughter likes that I can actually enjoy on its merits. Stuff like Caillou, Toopie and Binoo, or Dora I get through by riffing on them. With My Little Pony, I can laugh at things that are supposed to be funny.

I am too young to have seen Benny Hill, however the song's status as a famous humorous chase music made me fall out of my chair laughing when MLP remixed it for their show. While I haven't seen Benny Hill I knew that its presence was for adult audiences.

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »

I'm mostly just glad that maybe, just maybe, little girls will be treated as intelligent, thinking human beings with good senses of humour by the people who make things for them. It sure wasn't like that when I was growing up, so I watched and played with things intended for boys because at least they put a little effort into making their stories and designs interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.