Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:29 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Synchronized Riffing - Halloween « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Synchronized Riffing - Halloween  (Read 4666 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 16, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »

Sometime soon we must plan a time late at night when we can all watch one terrible horror film at once. Here's the requirements.

-It must be funny bad but not intentional like Thankskilling
-It must be available on Netflix instant watch
-If you do not have Netflix, you must find a DVD/VHS or even pirate it (Also try Hulu)
-We must press play at an exact hour
-It must be done at a time and date when most users are available
-Update comments on the film every time you see something worth noting
-Do NOT pause the movie under ANY circumstances
-The movie must be longer than an hour and a half but not over two and a half hours
-Watch the clock, when you comment on a moment please mark what time it is when this happens
-When we pick a time it will be posted on this thread with all time zones noted
-Make sure you're using your most accurate clock. Cell phones are the best for this.
-Please tell anyone with you that you're doing this you can't stop until it's over
-If you're watching the movie and someone with you makes a comment, feel free to post it.
-If anything happens that will make your movie lose sync, please tell us that you'll be behind us and continue posting.

I hope we can pull this off!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:03:41 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

thetoxicone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 01:16:55 PM »

for anyone who does netflix over xbox your can do it as a party
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:22:19 PM »

for anyone who does netflix over xbox your can do it as a party

This is true, however I'm not sure if I can access my LIVE account right now but if you're tempted to use a party to sync up you can. Now I want everyone to scour Netflix for the worst movies and post a list of the worst you can find. We'll narrow it down and study each movie until we can find a suitable bad horror film.

thetoxicone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »

i'll take a look on netflix when i get a chance.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

I'd love to join, but I'm not funny. So everyone tells me. ^^

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:43:14 AM »

I don't care how funny you are, it's worth a shot.

Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »

I don't care how funny you are, it's worth a shot.
True! Ya think all the jokes Best Brains did were winners? They only used the good ones, ya know.
Like listening to an church choir, with all those voices someone's gonna hit the right note.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »

Well, I DO have Netflix instant streaming and an Xbox live account (Severin360), so feel free to add me. I suppose I'll join, since all I really do on Halloween is boobytrap I-I MEAN answer the door.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
66Crush
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 12:04:04 AM »

Almost any b movie made before the 1990's clocks in at under 90 minutes.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

Almost any b movie made before the 1990's clocks in at under 90 minutes.

Fine. Forget the minimum.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »

I'd worked out a system a year or so ago, in which a group could watch the same movie and talk to each other. I could stream the movie from here to a streaming server that billed according to minutes and number of viewers (participants would kick in a buck or two by Paypal per movie to cover that). Everyone with a broadband connection could pick up the stream in their browser with a URL, and we'd set up a Skype conference with headsets. I'd probably limit the Skype to groups of up to four or five, just to make conversation possible.

I had figured out the details, but never got around to testing it. I posted the idea, but never rounded up a few volunteers. If it works, it would be as close as we'd get to watching a movie together without travelling. And it allows us to watch any movie that can be downloaded or obtained on DVD. For that matter, I could convert VHS tapes to digital files. I might have to adjust the resolution, framerate and bitrate of the movies to ensure they stream smoothly for everyone, but I think it would work.

Anyone interested in giving it a shot?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »

I'd worked out a system a year or so ago, in which a group could watch the same movie and talk to each other. I could stream the movie from here to a streaming server that billed according to minutes and number of viewers (participants would kick in a buck or two by Paypal per movie to cover that). Everyone with a broadband connection could pick up the stream in their browser with a URL, and we'd set up a Skype conference with headsets. I'd probably limit the Skype to groups of up to four or five, just to make conversation possible.

I had figured out the details, but never got around to testing it. I posted the idea, but never rounded up a few volunteers. If it works, it would be as close as we'd get to watching a movie together without travelling. And it allows us to watch any movie that can be downloaded or obtained on DVD. For that matter, I could convert VHS tapes to digital files. I might have to adjust the resolution, framerate and bitrate of the movies to ensure they stream smoothly for everyone, but I think it would work.

I don't really have any money in my PayPal, but if the selected movie is on Netflix I can start it up at the same time as everyone else.

My Skype name is Austin Bauer

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

I don't really have any money in my PayPal, but if the selected movie is on Netflix I can start it up at the same time as everyone else.

My Skype name is Austin Bauer

I wouldn`t bother collecting money for the first try. Only if it became a regular thing. I don`t think two different streams are going to stay in sync. Probably need four or five people for a good test.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 09:34:48 PM »

Then it shall be done! Gentlemen! Let's exchange Skype names. Now for the big part. Voting on a movie.

Cast your votes for what lame horror film we should observe on this unholy week of the walking dead.

thetoxicone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 08:07:06 AM »

been busy having just started new job but if I have the evening (possibly earlier factoring in Alaska's time zone) free I'll join in.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Synchronized Riffing - Halloween « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.