Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:47:06 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Haywire (2012) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Haywire (2012)  (Read 2677 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: October 18, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »

I've been meaning to bring this movie up, and since the official poster and trailer have been released I guess now is a good time as any. I've been curious about it since I heard it was green lit and was in production.

The story is nothing we haven't seen before. Black Ops operative get set-up/framed/almost assinated and then seeks revenge on her former comrades in arms.  Some online have called it a female version of the Bourne movies.

There are several things working in this movies favor. First is the amount of talent in the movie. Michael Douglass, Ewan McGreggor, Antonio Banderas, Michael Fassbender (Magneto from X-Men: First Class) and Bill Paxton all co star. Its also directed by Steven Soderbergh (and it was rumored that he was retiring after this movie). With such a high pedigree, it has a lot going for it...

But that brings me to why this movie might fail. Its lead actress, Gina Carano in her first major studio role. 

For those who don't know, Gina is the former MMA woman's champ and is probably best know for his stint on American Gladiators.  Up until this point, her real only acting roles where a bit part in Blood and Bone and a breif scene in the video game Command and Conquer 3: Red Alert. Real chance for her to either break out as a star or be completely overshadowed by the rest of the cast.

The fact that this movie was supposed to be released in August then got moved to January-a traditional bad movie dumping ground isn't helping.

Here's the trailer. What say you?
Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Haywire (2012) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.