Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:02:14 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Post a picture of a scary place!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post a picture of a scary place!!!!!  (Read 5359 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: October 18, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »

Just in time for Halloween - I drove over to Sherman, TX tonight to watch my daughter's team compete in a playoff volleyball match.  On the way there, I spotted one of the spookiest looking structures I've ever seen.  If they've never filmed a horror movie there, they sure OUGHT TO!!  I snapped a couple of photos for you good folks . . . and trust me, it looks much creepier in real life! 

So . . . share photos of your favorite spooky places!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:07:16 AM »

Looks like the house they used in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake  Buggedout
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »

This is the Winchester house.
This is also what happens if you never stop building.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »

Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky.

The Waverly Hills Sanatorium, located in southwestern Louisville-Jefferson County, Kentucky, opened in 1910 as a two-story hospital to accommodate 40 to 50 tuberculosis patients. In the early 1900s, Jefferson County, Kentucky was ravaged by an outbreak of the “White Plague” (Tuberculosis). The plague caused a hospital to be built on the site of Waverly Hill. The hospital was named the Waverly Hills Sanatorium and it was first open for twenty years, treating patients with the then uncurable disease.

Although it was considered the best site for treating the disease, the procedures were primitive and grisly. The doctors could not treat the disease, so they tried their best, removing organs, and trying to find a cure. Tuberculosis ravaged the mind, and caused some patients to go insane.

More than 6,000 patients died during the two decades that the Sanatorium was open. The infamous body chute was a tunnel and was used for transporting bodies to the graveyard. They thought this would prevent the spread of the disease, and leave the patients from seeing death. The hospital closed in 1962, due to an antibiotic drug that lowered the need for such a hospital. But it remains as a landmark and one of the most haunted hospitals in America. The building and surrounding property are now private property with multiple security measures. Tours are currently held at the hospital.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »

Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky.

The Waverly Hills Sanatorium, located in southwestern Louisville-Jefferson County, Kentucky, opened in 1910 as a two-story hospital to accommodate 40 to 50 tuberculosis patients. In the early 1900s, Jefferson County, Kentucky was ravaged by an outbreak of the “White Plague” (Tuberculosis). The plague caused a hospital to be built on the site of Waverly Hill. The hospital was named the Waverly Hills Sanatorium and it was first open for twenty years, treating patients with the then uncurable disease.

Although it was considered the best site for treating the disease, the procedures were primitive and grisly. The doctors could not treat the disease, so they tried their best, removing organs, and trying to find a cure. Tuberculosis ravaged the mind, and caused some patients to go insane.

More than 6,000 patients died during the two decades that the Sanatorium was open. The infamous body chute was a tunnel and was used for transporting bodies to the graveyard. They thought this would prevent the spread of the disease, and leave the patients from seeing death. The hospital closed in 1962, due to an antibiotic drug that lowered the need for such a hospital. But it remains as a landmark and one of the most haunted hospitals in America. The building and surrounding property are now private property with multiple security measures. Tours are currently held at the hospital.

Damn.
Just damn.
An abandoned sanatorium, where thousands of people (who were insane) died.
Just how haunted is this place?

Also, there are dark clouds over it and everything.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »

Keep em coming, guys, this is cool!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »

Okay, so I grew up in Whittier, California. Most people who lived within 20 miles of Whittier have heard of the infamous Turnbull Canyon in Whittier Hills. Turnbull Canyon is a creepy place. Picture a hill system in the middle of a metropolitan area like Southern California. And this one canyon section, which takes about 15 minutes to drive through via the one road that cuts through it, is completely undeveloped and eerily quiet for such a populated area.

Naturally, things have happened up there. Dead bodies have been found, and there is a verifiable news story of a poor teenage girl whose body was dragged through the canyon and left to die. The local urban legends that surround Turnbull Canyon go from loosely based on real events to outright fantasy. There have been stories that occult practices take place, human sacrifice. There's even a story that there was once an insane asylum in the canyon. That last one is ridiculous.

As ridiculous as some of these stories can get, Turnbull Canyon is a creepy place. There is one feature in Turnbull Canyon that is definitiely spooky, locally dubbed "the gates of hell." Below is a posting of a video some kids took of the area. If you look up "whittier gates of hell" on youtube, you will see numerous videos of the "gates of hell" and other footage of the canyon area. Most of the videos are pretty lame, but you can still get the creepy feel of the place.

People have gotten behind the gates shown, and have taken footage of the area behind the gates. There is nothing there. And yet, here is this eerie gate, closed off by barbed wire and a surveillance camera. That's just weird. If there's nothing behind there, and there's existing footage of nothing but canyon woods behind there, then why are there such measures. Naturally, urgan legens abound. Some say the area belongs to a Satanic cult who perform night rituals there. However, there are houses from nearby that can see into the wooded area, and there have never been any reports of "goings on" in the area, night or day. Perhaps they just closed the area off to prevent kids from going in there. But that makes no sense either, because there are plenty of other wooded areas of the canyon that people can easily get to that are NOT closed off. It's definitely a headscratcher.

Anyway, I grew up amidst the numerous urban legends of Turnbull Canyon. If you search Youtube you'll find all kinds of footage. Here is but one.

Small | Large

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

Its getting a makeover now, but the Oregon State Mental Hospital is quite spooky.    Its in my town.  Look familiar anyone?

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »

Astley Hall in Chorley, Lancs

I only live about a 10-15min drive from there and it's supposedly the most haunted place in the county.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »

The Le Pavillon Hotel down here is said to be haunted by a girl named Ada from the 1840s who was struck and killed by a carriage before she was set to board a ship with her family. She is often seen pacing in the lobby, and saying, "Pardon me, I am . . . very lost," before vanishing.

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »

here's an article from Cracked on the 6 creepiest places on Earth
http://www.cracked.com/article/181_the-6-creepiest-places-earth/

yeah no.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Post a picture of a scary place!!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.