This is a fast-paced, gory, bizarre Jess Franco movie with a great exploitation cast including:
* Helmut Berger
* Brigitte Lahaie
* Telly Savalas (!) - looking weak and puffy
* Chris Mitchum (!) - looking a lot like his father
* Caroline Munro
* Anton Diffring
* Howard Vernon - as "Dr. Orloff"!
The plot is very familiar - a surgeon and his sexy assistant kidnap beautiful women so they can use the womens' skin to restore the acid-scarred face of the surgeon's sister. What makes this more interesting than most are the cast and the over-the-top gore scenes. Not to mention several hot women. My favorite scenes include:
* Faces being peeled off in graphic surgery scenes
* A woman getting a syringe plunged into her eyeball in extreme close-up
* A woman getting a power drill pushed through her forehead
* A guy getting a pair off scissors rammed through his throat
* A guy decapitating a woman with a chainsaw and then kissing her head (the head shows up later covered with maggotts)
This is an exploitation shocker that should bring a smile to your face. The DVD-R I bought from Super strange video is a sharp, beautiful widescreen print.