Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:11:52 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So who do you like for President? (Obviously, a political thread!) « previous next »
Poll
Question: If the Election were held today, which of the candidates would you support?  (Voting closed: November 09, 2011, 11:40:18 PM)
NONE OF THEM! They're all stooges! - 7 (30.4%)
Obama!  He's earned 4 more years! - 4 (17.4%)
Romney.  He looks Presidential. - 1 (4.3%)
Rick Perry is the man! - 0 (0%)
Ron Paul - the only choice! - 4 (17.4%)
Herman Cain - he can do it! - 2 (8.7%)
Michelle Bachmann - 0 (0%)
Newt Gingrich - 0 (0%)
John Huntsman - 2 (8.7%)
Gary Johnson (the "shovel ready" guy - 0 (0%)
Bill and Opus in 2012! - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: So who do you like for President? (Obviously, a political thread!)  (Read 16644 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »

On a side note, I have registered Libertarian.  I'll never see a full on president from my party.  Likely the closest we'll get, in most people's eyes, is however far Ron Paul gets with his Republican Party thing.  He could still run as an Independant.  Eh.  I like a lot of his policies and those of the LP.

I'm registered as independent, mostly because there is no party-line I can toe. There's stuff I agree with and stuff I don't, and I reserve the right to make up my own mind.

But the only "benefit" I've seen from being an independent is a self-disenfranchisement from being able to vote in either the Republican or Democratic primaries. Hey, I've got candidates in both parties I'd like to see be the forerunners in every election. Can I vote for them? Nope, I'm "independent."

Hooray.
I've run into that for years....I consider myself an Independent as well. And a Moderate which has gotten me called "indecisive" or "fence-sitter" or "waffler"....but that's just not the case. Sometimes it's a tough haul to be one who has many facets to their political beliefs. I just can't be forced into a specific pigeon hole.
Consider me as well. Always split the deal down the middle is my way I view stuff. Don't have the Republicans in office, they f'ed  up the economy which caused people to be out of jobs which is killing the US. Also, the reason (as I see it) that the Republicans wants to keep the electoral colleges is that their state with the most Republicans is Texas, where as California is Democratic, so the majority of the votes (to them) is that California will always triumph Texas. I don't care if Indy or any other Republicans on the board wants to hang me (or give me negative karma) but I'm sticking by it and even if Andrew has to delete this post, I'm still sticking by my motivations, I may be blinded by hatred but I had to suffer the last Republican in office who f**ked up so many times that it painted the way I see things. True that there are chilled Republicans that speaks out their minds and I'm for them, the problem is that the ones controlling the US doesn't tell the truth and lies to get more money and goes to their mistresses/ wives to make their lives better at our suffering. thank you.

@tracy1963- Ohio is the 7Th most populace state, Florida is number 4 Smile
The 7th....thanks! My data may be old....of course then again I am,too! BounceGiggle

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »

Herman Cain seems more "real" than anyone I've seen running for office in a very long time in either party. Good luck to him!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »

the CNN debate was painfull. I agree with the reporter who said the big winner was Obama.

I never thought I'd miss John McCain.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 03:43:46 PM »

the CNN debate was painfull. I agree with the reporter who said the big winner was Obama.

I never thought I'd miss John McCain.

HA! Finally lester weighs in on the thread. How you been, brother? I've been missing your acerbic input.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »

thanks man . remind me to look up acerbic

My general feeling is that America isn't taking the Greece situation and it's lesson seriously enough.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »

thanks man . remind me to look up acerbic

My general feeling is that America isn't taking the Greece situation and it's lesson seriously enough.

Yeah, that's a big "no s**t," unfortunately.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So who do you like for President? (Obviously, a political thread!) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.