Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:47:02 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace is being re-released in theaters in 3D « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace is being re-released in theaters in 3D  (Read 10153 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 19, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »

I gotta be honest here: I, for a long time, loathed Star Wars.  I hated the 'original' trilogy from back in the '70s.  Still do, never watch them.

I do have a small soft spot for Phantom Menace.  Like it quite a bit.

Only Star Wars I like.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »

I saw George Lucas announce that last night on the Scream Awards.

I don't know if anybody else caught the segment, but they did a homage to Darth Vader as on the film history's "ultimate villains." I was like, cool, I can go along with such an iconic selection. Then they had some guy dressed as Darth come out to accept the award, with GL walking up behind him. The segment really annoyed me. They had George "I hate you all but see my next mangling of Star Wars" Lucas essentiall b***h-slap the character of Darth Vader around, as if to say "I'm in charge, now go see Star Wars in 3D."

Yes, I know a***ole. We all know it's your creation and you can do whatever you want to with it. You've made that abundantly clear. But do you really have to continue to spit on the fans that made you as rich as you are? I don't remember who said it here recently, but he/she made the comparison of GL to a person who has become addicted to plastic surgery, and no matter how more progressively ridiculous the person becomes and how many family members and friend tell him/her "look, you have to stop this, you're making yourself look more and more freakish and horrid," he just can't stop himself.

Amen to that.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:46:21 PM »

There would have to be way too much they'd have have to change plot wise for me to even consider even being near a theater that is playing it.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:47:36 PM »

I prefer going to see American Graffiti in the Retro Cinema at Movie Tavern.
Hell, I'd take Howard the Duck over Star Wars. 

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
66Crush
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »

Well first off I agree that Lucas is a douche! I don't know why Episode I is being re-released in 3D, and I don't know for the life of me why it would be anyone's favorite Star Wars movie. When I was a kid I lived for Star Wars. But between the damn fanboys that ruin it for the rest of us, the crappy prequels and constant special editions and repackaging, I'm about ready to wash my hands of the whole damn thing! GL also had to do that last Indy film istead of leaving well enough alone. JJ Abrhams had to go ruin Star Trek and now there's an F'N remake of The Thing. Stop it Hollywood! Just Stop it! Stop p**sing on my childhood. Take your A-Team remake and your Smurfs movie and your scab Kiss and shove it so far up your ass you choke and die! 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »

Well first off I agree that Lucas is a douche! I don't know why Episode I is being re-released in 3D, and I don't know for the life of me why it would be anyone's favorite Star Wars movie. When I was a kid I lived for Star Wars. But between the damn fanboys that ruin it for the rest of us, the crappy prequels and constant special editions and repackaging, I'm about ready to wash my hands of the whole damn thing! GL also had to do that last Indy film istead of leaving well enough alone. JJ Abrhams had to go ruin Star Trek and now there's an F'N remake of The Thing. Stop it Hollywood! Just Stop it! Stop p**sing on my childhood. Take your A-Team remake and your Smurfs movie and your scab Kiss and shove it so far up your ass you choke and die! 
All the Star Wars flicks are being re-released in 3D.  I'm assuming they're just going in order, from Episode 1 to part 6.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

I have never seen any of the SW prequels at all. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, I don't know.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 09:52:03 AM »

I enjoy 3-D, but I'm not a fan of taking old movies and converting them to 3-D.  This is exactly what they did with the dreaded "colorization" process back in the 1980s.  What's next, 3-D CITIZEN KANE?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

I have never seen any of the SW prequels at all. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, I don't know.  Question

It's a good thing. Very, very good. Please do us a favor, Trevor. Don't see them. We must round up all who have not seen these movies and have them tell their children, and their children's children not to see those prequels. You must make those movies fade from everyone's memories and erase it from time. Help us Trevor, you're our only hope.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Yeah, don't bother. I allowed myself to get suckered into seeing them when they were released. The first one was perfectly understandable. Everybody was excited. "Wow, Episodes 1 through 3. Finally we get so see everything that happened before." So I saw it, there were some vaguely decent aspects to it, Darth Maul was pretty cool, but right away I should have seen the writing on the wall. Jar Jar alone should have been indication enough.

There there was Ep. 2 and 3. I have no excuse other than I felt like I had to. It's kind of like filling in bricks in a wall. You can't just leave those last two bricks laying there, can you? So that's how it goes. That's how he got us.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 11:25:21 AM »

But, you know, I also remember that there were people that knew the prequels were going to suck. I remember all the hype about Ep 1, and on The Daily Show, as it was leading up to the premeire, they had a running bit called "Countdown to Letdown." But I will admit, I succumbed to the ether.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 05:11:59 PM »

^Hell I spent about a month trying to convince myself it was a good movie.   Thumbdown

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »

^Hell I spent about a month trying to convince myself it was a good movie.   Thumbdown
Guess I'm the only one who likes Phantom Menace.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

Guess I'm the only one who likes Phantom Menace.

It's okay to like an unpopular movie. Hell, I liked The Boondock Saints and its sequel.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace is being re-released in theaters in 3D « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.