Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:23:41 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Walking Dead (AMC) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Walking Dead (AMC)  (Read 6365 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 20, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »

Anyone watch this?  I watched the first season on Netflix recently and the premier of season 2 the other day.  I'm good with the series but honestly find the antagonists loaded with morons.  I guess that will make them getting eventually gnawed on a lot easier to handle for the viewer. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »

Love the series.

Not overly familiar with the comics, but digging the show.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:58 AM »

Watched season 1 on Netflix.  I dunno, love the concept of a very serious portrayal of a zombie apocalypse, but the characters aren't likable or developed.  You've got Mr. Dudley Do Right who runs off on every life-threatening errand he can think of - much to the horror of his wife and child who would like him NOT to get killed.  Then there's the other cop who beat that one dude to within an inch of his life because his girlfriend dumped him.  Everybody else is just there to fulfill the moron quotient it seems like.  A lot of stuff doesn't make sense - why are they living in tents?  A building would seem a bit safer.  What's with the broken down RV?  You know, you can get a new one anytime you want.  What's with the guns being so precious?  It's not like they're a rare commodity in this country.  And that whole CDC thing was totally unbelievable.

Oh well, it's still worth a watch - compared to what else is on TV these days.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Nathan45
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »

I've mentioned this before, but I think the best statement on its quality is that I watch it, despite the lack of action zombie action on screen.  I think it was the 4th or 5th episode before we saw a on screen zombie kill.  I like the characters, and I like how the show actually develops at least some of them (As a example, I'm actually starting to like Redneck with a crossbow guy.)

Having said that, any local WalMart has enough firepower to depopulate an area of zombies, and you would think by this time they would have invested in some silencers.  Maybe grab a armored car from the local swat team to hole up in, etc...Still, I'm sticking with the series for a awhile. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »

I like that the crossbow Redneck was really unlikeable at the beginning, and now is a popular character to a degree.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »

I like that the crossbow Redneck was really unlikeable at the beginning, and now is a popular character to a degree.
This character I find to be the only reasonable and useful one on the show right now.  Someone gets bit he wants to club them in the head.  Everyone else gets false hope like a cure has been found.  Dumb.  Anyone know if they plan on bringing his brother back?  Aka the guy they all left handcuffed on the roof?

Seriously I don't care who gets gnawed otherwise.  The Sheriff is too generic of a good guy.  His wife, maybe its just the actress, is generic too.  Her wide eyed anger reactions I actually find funny.  The black guy is...well...a token black guy.  The old dude is I guess supposed to be the wisdom man.  I find him a bit annoying.  The abused mother has no redeeming qualities and the kids are generic.  The Asian guy has kind of taken a back burner for the time being.  I'm not sure if I liked him either.

I do like the blonde character a bit but I really wish she would sh!t or get off the pot when it comes to wanting to be in the world or not.  The borderling psycho cop could pan out to something interesting but it probably won't. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »

This character I find to be the only reasonable and useful one on the show right now.  Someone gets bit he wants to club them in the head.  Everyone else gets false hope like a cure has been found.  Dumb.  Anyone know if they plan on bringing his brother back?  Aka the guy they all left handcuffed on the roof?

Seriously I don't care who gets gnawed otherwise.  The Sheriff is too generic of a good guy.  His wife, maybe its just the actress, is generic too.  Her wide eyed anger reactions I actually find funny.  The black guy is...well...a token black guy.  The old dude is I guess supposed to be the wisdom man.  I find him a bit annoying.  The abused mother has no redeeming qualities and the kids are generic.  The Asian guy has kind of taken a back burner for the time being.  I'm not sure if I liked him either.

I do like the blonde character a bit but I really wish she would sh!t or get off the pot when it comes to wanting to be in the world or not.  The borderling psycho cop could pan out to something interesting but it probably won't. 
I'm assuming we'll see the handcuffed brother, Merle, at some point, as well as Morgan, who Rick keeps talking to on the walkie-talkie.

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:47:13 AM »

Yeah, Merle, the chopped-off-his-own-hand guy, was an interesting character with a great actor behind it, and is apparently really badass.  I hope he reappears.

It might be worth mentioning the comics in general are more interesting than the series...  The characters are generally a lot less stupid, at least.  The lead and his son are also more developed, and so forth. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »

I enjoyed Merle.  I think it's the typical thing with TV shows - everybody's so plastic and contrived that only the "bad" characters have any genuine personality.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »

The guy who played Merle, Michael Rooker is a great character actor, did a lot of great roles.

chippedmonk
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 01:16:38 AM »

I quite enjoyed season one but find season two terribly repulsive and not least because of the grossout nature of some zombie scenes. They've traded pace for character development, but it's not working out too well. They're too shallow and frequently mouth platitudes get as though they're epiphanies.

youngjohn12
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »

I quite enjoyed season one but find season two terribly repulsive and not least because of the grossout nature of some zombie scenes.

I have found huge online walking dead comic on a site..
Damien Valley
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »

I call him the "Sawyer" of the show.  As in the character Sawyer from LOST.  I'm trying to coin "Sawyer" for the character that starts out as a grey somewhat bad character who eventually gets resurrected into a good character. I love "Sawyer" characters. The Dawn of the Dead remake had one too. :)
Damien Valley
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

BTW I really don't get how the characters are all that stupid?  Can someone explain this?  I keep hearing this on other sites and it seems like a lot of people are playing Armchair Quarterback Zombie Survivor.

I really can't think of too many things that they have done that has been outright stupid.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:39 PM »

I quite enjoyed season one but find season two terribly repulsive and not least because of the grossout nature of some zombie scenes. They've traded pace for character development, but it's not working out too well. They're too shallow and frequently mouth platitudes get as though they're epiphanies.
I quite enjoyed season one but find season two terribly repulsive and not least because of the grossout nature of some zombie scenes. 
I have found huge online walking dead comic on a site..
Are these two the same person?  Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Walking Dead (AMC) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.