Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:13 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Marijuana and Studying « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Marijuana and Studying  (Read 10361 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »

I had a dorm mate in college once who stridently argued that pot made people smarter, and that the government therefore outlawed it because the government didn't want to have to deal with a bunch of supra-geniuses.

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.   S-ss-s-s--s-s-sss-SSSS!
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »

I think I read that people remember things learned in an alternate state of consciousness far better when they're in that state. Therefore if you studied while stoned, then you might do better if you got high for the test.

Pro tip.  BounceGiggle

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

I think being high on marijuana takes the stress away from having a hell of alot of thoughts come in and distract you from concentrating will help someone. just be careful.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »

I think it's sad that people take drugs so they can escape reality or the need to feel "enhanced" for whatever reason.

That said, I did try it a couple of times, and the one time that I was actually "high" (and didn't puke) I was pointing my finger at passing cars while giggling like an idiot. Basically I compared that feeling to being dunk with the difference that there was a craving for sweets afterwards.

Marijuana and Studying - can't give you any first hand advice there but quite honestly, it sounds like a stupid idea to me.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:55 AM »

I think it's sad that people take drugs so they can escape reality or the need to feel "enhanced" for whatever reason.

No offense intended Claws, but the automatic labeling of people as "trying to escape reality" is a main reason the anti-drug crowd doesn't get taken seriously. It just sounds like they are trying to be insulting, that or they simply don't know what they're talking about.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 04:10:43 AM »

to be fair,it's hard not to sound pompous when you're in the moral majority.

"Non-smokers really p**s me off. Whiny maggots. Hell, I'd quit tomorrow if I didn't think I'd become one." - Bill Hicks

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
dean

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 04:13:53 AM »

I'm posting from my mobile so I'll be brief, but I blame the green forum theme for all this: it's giving people ideas!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Vik
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »

No offense intended Claws, but the automatic labeling of people as "trying to escape reality" is a main reason the anti-drug crowd doesn't get taken seriously. It just sounds like they are trying to be insulting, that or they simply don't know what they're talking about.
And why is wanting to escape from reality a sad thing, through drugs or otherwise?
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »

And why is wanting to escape from reality a sad thing, through drugs or otherwise?

It depends on the nature of the escape. Some people watch a movie. Some people drink themselves catatonic. Some people blow a fattie. Some people shoot smack. Some people climb a clock tower and shoot a dozen people. Some of those options are okay, some are sad, some are flat out unacceptable.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »

To a person that is comfortable in reality, it comes off as insulting. Some people do things like weed or alcohol just for the feeling, it doesn't mean they are escaping reality. FFS I often do my bills while I'm having a drink, it's not in any was an escape. If a person were to label me as trying to escape reality, I would find it insulting, and see it as if they are trying to pinpoint a weakness.

If a person IS trying to escape reality, then that's their own business, but lumping everyone that drinks or whatever as "trying to escape reality" is akin to lumping them all together as addicts.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »

Here's the thing: you literally can't escape reality with marijuana.

Marijuana is actually a part of reality.

Did I just blow your mind?  Question

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 01:55:12 AM »

....no

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »

....no

But you did take almost a year to think it over...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »

Take my word for it-if you smoke pot-yes-it does expand your concious.
MAYBE.
Because when you sober up-you cant descibe or figure out wtf you thought when you were high.
So whats the sense? Unless you wanna walk around your whole life stoned-it's a fleeting feeling. And no one wants to be around someone who is stoned all the time.
So youll end up lonley...and poor without a job...because I know for a dam FACT-pot makes you lazy-lay around-listen to music-zone out on cartoons.
Pot dont make you smart.It make you think your smart.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:53:33 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »

Pot dont make you smart.It make you think your smart.

Word. We have a stoner at work and its always easy to see that he smoked a joint right before work: that "I know everything - you guys know nothing" grin, bloodshot red eyes and constant food craving.

When the pot wears off he gets hyper and agitated.  BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Marijuana and Studying « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.