Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 05:32:55 PM
530139 Posts in 40010 Topics by 4998 Members
Latest Member: Kato44
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183]
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 347661 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2730 on: July 03, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »

VAMPIRE CIRCUS (1972), I should have added this one to my collection sooner. Classic 70s vampire flick.

For my money, this one and "Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter" best vampire films of the '70's.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2731 on: July 08, 2014, 03:35:20 PM »

Alan recently bought me new copies of "The Chinese Connection","The Way of the Dragon" and "Game of Death"......Bruce Lee Rocks!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2732 on: July 14, 2014, 02:51:22 PM »

I recently got this through Amazon....

A great selection of films, some of which I'd seen previously, others I'd never heard of before.

I also purchased these....

Should keep me busy for a while.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2733 on: July 15, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »

Godzilla vs Megalon, and Godzilla vs Hedorah
Newt
Mostly Harmless

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2734 on: July 16, 2014, 07:44:35 AM »

Went a little nuts at a couple of yard sales last Saturday... BounceGiggle

VHS (at 50 cents each):
Castle of the Walking Dead (1984)  Christopher Lee!  Count Regula reborn!
Journey to the Center of Time (1967)
Alien Predators (1986)  Dennis Christopher, Martin Hewitt and Lynn-Holly Johnson “trapped in a quaint Spanish town infested with alien creatures...”  (Old price sticker says, “$79.95 Slightly higher in Canada”
Deep Space (1988) Charles Napier, Ann Turkel and Ron Glass  “A flesh-eating alien from outerspace...”
Mysterious Two (1979) John Forsythe, Noah Beery and Vic Tayback.  “But who are HE and SHE?”
Mel Brooks’ History of the World Part I (1981)
Inner Space (1987)
The Ice Pirates (1984) Robert Urich, Mary Crosby.  “A dazzling display of weird creatures and wild special effects...loaded wit thrills and romance...first-rate intergalactic entertainment.”  (Um...yeah I have seen this one but I don’t remember any of that stuff!)
Dark City (1994) Rufus Sewell, Kiefer Sutherland, Jennifer Connelly and William Hurt with Richard O’Brien and Ian Richardson.
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1995) Robert DeNiro, Tom Hulce, Kenneth Brannagh, Helena Bonham Carter, Aidan Quinn, Ian Holm and John Cleese.
Lawnmower Man (1992) Pierce Brosnan
Lawnmower Man II (1996) Matt Frewer
Battlestar Galactica (1985) Lorne Greene et al
House II: The Second Story (1996)
Gate II: Return to the Nightmare (1991) “There’s only one thing more terrifying than the first visit.        The second”
The Prophecy II (1998)  Christopher Walken and Jennifer Beals
Childern of the Corn (1992) Linda Hamilton
Ghost in the Machine (1993) Karen Allen.  “Plug into your worst nightmare.” “Last night a serial killer died.  His body was laid to rest but his soul has gone on-line.”
IT (1990)
The P.A.C.K. (Prefabricated Animalistic Cyber Killer) (1997) Winner of the Film Fantastic Award: Best Sci-Fi Film 1997.
The Hidden (1990) Michael Nouri and Kyle McLaughlin
The Reaper (1998) Chris Sarandon
Return of the Killer Tomatoes The Sequel (1990)  John Astin!
Demonic Toys (1991)  (The trailer for "Seed People: the root of all evil" was worth the 50 cents in itself!)

DVD's
Red Riding Hood (2003)
Mirrors (unrated) (2008) Kiefer Sutherland
Hostel (2006)
Darkness (2005) Anna Paquin, Lena Olin and Iain Glen
Exorcist: The Beginning (2005)
Saw III (uncut) (2007)
Pulse (2006)  (aka “Pulsations”)

Ahhhh: summer viewing!   Cheers

eta: also got a VHS of Knights of the Round Table (1953) with Robert Taylor, Ava Gardner and Mel Ferrer.  Wow: so sloooow and bad we sat in stunned disbelief - and then started laughing ourselves silly.  Not giggle-bad; LOL bad.  And almost two hours of it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:45:22 AM by Newt » Logged

"I absolutely adore movies. Even bad ones. I don't like pretentious ones, but a good bad movie, you must admit, is great." - Roddy Mc Dowell
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
 "I'm going to need a swat team ready to mobilize, street maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez." -  11
Chainsaw midget
Just Another Guy

« Reply #2735 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »

I just bought a DVD collection called Sci-Fi Creature Classics. 

It conatained 20 million miles to earth, the Giant Claw, It Came From Beneath the Sea, and Mothra. 

I'd actually never seen any of them before, so getting them all for five bucks was a really nice deal.  Although I think having Mothra in the set was a bit of an odd choice. 

Terms & Conditions:  By reading this signature, you, the reader willfully acknowledge that you owe me a dollar.
Trevor
Adorable Chief Troublemaker at Badmovies.org
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2736 on: July 17, 2014, 07:04:07 AM »

Ordered today from www.takealot.com:

The Exorcist (Director's Cut)
Karate Kid Part 2
The Peacemaker
(George Clooney)
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
The World's End

And two mind shattering, brain-numbingly awful films:  Wink

Lawrence of Arabia
A Passage To India

The top five are great but those last two: Yikes - they are very Lean films Wink Wink
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:21:06 AM by Trevor » Logged

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2737 on: July 24, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »

Look what $4.85 can get you....

BTW, $4.00 of that was shipping.

This 1970 Al Adamson regurgitant stars the usual suspects, John Carradine, Robert Dix, Vicki Volante, and Mr. Adamson hisowndarnself as a vampire. The story (?) is thus-the earth is under seige by vampires, and Carradine, playing a scientist whose name escapes me, discovers that the bloodsuckers originated from a distant solar system, and assembles a crew of wooden, inept actors to accompany him to their planet of origin, there to locate a cure, or at least a good excuse.

Evidently, a good chunk of this tragedy was lifted from a 1966 Filipino horror flick, then incorporated with footage Adamson shot, and seasoned with REALLY familiar stock footage from the 1940 Hal Roach epic, ONE MILLION B.C.

Horror of the Blood Monsters (1970) Trailer Small | Large

The trailer should give you some idea of what this is, or at least make you say, "WTF???"

The version I got has as an extra an unreleased Italian-language version, PLUS commentary by Sam Sherman, Adamson's former partner, PLUS  enough trailers from Al Adamson / Eddie Romero Phillipine exploitation films to make you weep.

SIDEBAR- there's an actress in this movie, a blonde, who definitely deserves an award for Most Useless Female Character in a Bad Movie.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.