Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:22:42 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  PETA Now Targets Mario « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PETA Now Targets Mario  (Read 8278 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 02:07:15 AM »

There was an article a few years ago that claimed Peta destroyed all but 12 of the 3000+ animals they took in that year. One conclusion was that they didn't find any people that applied to adopt them acceptable. They REALLY believe in that crap about how having an animal as a pet harms it's 'spirit'.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 09:38:52 AM »

There was an article a few years ago that claimed Peta destroyed all but 12 of the 3000+ animals they took in that year. One conclusion was that they didn't find any people that applied to adopt them acceptable. They REALLY believe in that crap about how having an animal as a pet harms it's 'spirit'.

Nah, see, the organization actually believes that pets are abominations that should be destroyed. Never mind that we as a species probably wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today if our ancestors hadn't domesticated some key species (having food animals on hand probably cut down on the time needed to go out and get meat, plus cattle and horses proved to be very useful for agricultural purposes).
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »

A wee billboard for the PETA folks....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »

Wow....that's crazy! I've had many pets,dogs especially,and the love they gave me certainly didn't show any harmed spirit. In fact,the collie/sheppard/wolf cross I had while pregnant stayed by my side constantly,convinced that she had to watch out for me.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »

But aren't humans a part of the natural life cycle of the earth?
I mean, whether you believe in divine creation - in most versions of which, God gave man dominion over the animals - or in purely naturalistic evolution - in which case man is one of the most successful apex predators the world has ever produced - either way, people killing and eating and wearing animals is a PART of the natural process.

Which brings me to the conclusion that the members of PETA are a bunch of self loathing idiots.  However, being the kind and charitable soul that I am, I have a solution that should make them and us happy:

A complete moratorium on eating and wearing animals until all PETA members have been killed, skinned, and consumed.

BON APETIT!!!!! Cheers

Fine....but who gets the job of cleaning 'em?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flangepart

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »

They're just making their usual desperate attention-grab.  Typical.

And make no mistake: PETA is not about animal welfare.  Never has been.  PETA is about 'freeing' animals so they live completely without intervention by humans. What PETA is totally against is human intervention in any form - for ill OR good. Humans interfering with animals in any way is wrong, according to PETA.  PETA could care less if animals suffer and die: as far as they are concerned that is the natural way and as it should be, as long as it does not involve human actions. 
Ya know, Newt, that fits into my view of PETA. They are just another form of bully.
They hide behind animals as an excuse to push people around. To me that makes them no better than poachers. They are selfish jerks, and in both cases, the animals suffer.
Two unbalanced views of nature, and both are stupid.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »

Well, sadly, as misguided and virtually insane as PETA is, they get a lot of attention. I mean, just look how much attention this thread has gotten.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:04 AM »

Well, sadly, as misguided and virtually insane as PETA is, they get a lot of attention. I mean, just look how much attention this thread has gotten.

Yeah. Kindda like John Hinkley...will do ANYTHING to get attention, no matter who else gets hurt.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  PETA Now Targets Mario « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.