Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:30:45 PM
714219 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  First console video game you played? First arcade game you played? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: First console video game you played? First arcade game you played?  (Read 3938 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: November 08, 2011, 04:10:21 AM »

More warm, fuzzy nostalgia!
Hmm...
I think my mom's douchebag boyfriend had a PONG version at his house I played a bit of when my mom was seeing him.

Man.. I probably first played Sprint 2.  I really don't remember where, maybe at Oaks Park in SE Portland, or maybe at Malibu Gran Prix.  Probably right after it came out in like 1976.

BONUS: What was the first pinball game you played?
Me: It was some sort of card-themed pinball game at Malibu Gran Prix, with face cards adorning the table and marquee.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:50 AM »

The first console game I ever remember playing was Streets Of Rage. Whenever I used to go over to a friends house, they would always have SOR and I could quite easily sit there all day playing it.

First game I ever played in an arcade would have been either Out Run or MKII. I was excellent at the arcade version of MKII. I once went on holiday to some caravan site near the coast down in Wales and I beat a ton of kids on that game. Good times, until I got smacked in the face with pool cue because I was hogging the machine.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »

Good times, until I got smacked in the face with pool cue because I was hogging the machine.

Buggedout Buggedout

The first console game I remember playing was a handheld version of Pac Man and another of Space Invaders: the first 'action' kind of game I played was Amidar, followed by Gyruss and Pooyan ~ not forgetting the immortal Elevator Action. TeddyR
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:58:03 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:17:41 AM »

Hmmm...console game, undenaibly something on Atari like Pacman or Donkey Kong. 

Arcade......hmmmmm......maybe Punch Out or Karate Champ.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:36:10 AM »

A friend of mine in elementary school had Pong, so I imagine that was the first.  And I think it kept us entertained for all of 10 minutes, even back then.  He also had a pinball machine, I can't remember if that was the first I'd ever played though.

First arcade game was probably Asteroids.  I remember being on a family vacation with my folks and we were waiting to check into a hotel and I played the fabulous Asteroids.   BounceGiggle

First PC game I ever played was Lunar Lander.

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »

I don't remember the name of first arcade game, but I'm sure it was a pinball machine probably around 1969.  My dad loved pinball machines and whenever we went to an amusement park we'd go into the arcade and play a few.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »

Pong
Space Invaders

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »

First arcade game: not sure. Early '90s, around '91/'92. Probably The Simpsons Arcade, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or Mortal Kombat.

Console: whatever games on the old NES. Super Mario, Duck Hunt, WWF WrestleMania.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »

I'm guess at this, but Bart Vs. the Space Mutants for the Sega Genesis for my first console game (What a load of crap that game was).

As for the arcade game, that's pretty tricky.  I'm guessing either Crusin', Die Hard Arcade, or Maximum Force (Some silly rail shooter).

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 03:15:46 PM »

First arcade game: Space Invaders (when it was brand new! Yeah, I'm an old goat)

First console/TV game: the first kid on my block to have a video game system lived next door to me, unfortunately his parents chose poorly and purchased the lame-ass "ODYSSEY" game system by Magnavox.  I vaguely remember playing a poor version of "Pac-Man" on that thing with him called "K.C. Munchkin"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »

First console:

I had an Atari 2600 that I got on Christmas, I think it was 1979. However, before that, the family had a console that I have researched and can't find anything on. It was the mid to late 70's. My parents brought home this console that had no cartridges, and no joysticks or controllers. It was a big console that you put in your lap and had the controls for the game on it. It had about three games on it: Pong, Breakout, and a cheesy pinball-like game that was very unrealistic. The Pong and Breakout games were fun though, given that it was the 70's and that's all there was. This was before Space Invaders ever showed up anywhere. Two people could play, but because there were no separate controllers, the two players had to sit next to each other with the console between them, using the knob to move the Pong slider back and forth.

First arcade game:

Pong. In the 70's alot of restaurants would have a table-top Pong game and players would sit on opposite sides of the game and play against each other. After that, it was Space Invaders, Asteroids and PacMan. This was at the end of the 70's. Video arcades were around but hadn't yet exploded, so table-top versions of Space Invaders and Pac Man were common in restaurant waiting areas.

The video game outbreak in the late 70's/early 80's was an interesting time. They were such a big deal. If you owned a restaurant, getting these table-top games in your waiting area was a big deal. It was also the first instances of video game addiction. This sounds silly, but there was a dark side to early video game addiction. Kids would do illegal things or steal money from their parents for quarters to feed into their favorites games.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »

First Console Game: Twisted Metal 3 (at a friend's house) Super Mario Advance for the Gameboy Advance for a road trip from my house to Arizona.

My first arcade game I played: Pac-Man

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 12:41:12 AM »

Pong was definitely the first I played. I recall being amazed by it at the time and played it at a neighbor's whose family had a summer house here. They lived in Boston for most of the rest of the year.

First arcade game: Pac-Man - I actually had a little hand held game version of it I played endlessly.

Atari 2600 was the first video game system I owned and I had it up until the early 1990s when it finally conked out altogether. Favourite games for it included Destroyer, Plague Attack, Barnstorming and Dig Dug.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »

My first console game was an Atari and we had Pong, Break Out and Space Invaders.

My first arcade game is a little harder. If you include pinball or Air Hockey i'd have to go with either of those. Otherwise, I remember dumping a ton of quarters into Contra, Centipede and Frogger.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »

I MIGHT have played PONG on the intergrated consule, but I definitely played Adventure for Atari first.  The first standup game was asteroids. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  First console video game you played? First arcade game you played? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.