Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:54:44 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BLACK FRIDAY - - AND SATURDAY - - AND SUNDAY - - NOT SO BLACK « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BLACK FRIDAY - - AND SATURDAY - - AND SUNDAY - - NOT SO BLACK  (Read 2330 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 27, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »

My wife and I arrived at the Rockingham Mall in New Hampshire at 4:45 a.m. on Black Friday.  When we got there, the parking lot seemed to be pretty full.  However, I was able to get a parking space about 8 spaces from Macy's entrance.  When we got inside, it really wasn't busy at all.  Most of the sales clerks were hanging around talking to each other because they didn't have any customers to wait on.  We bought a toaster oven in Macy's and went straight to the cashier . . . no line, no waiting.  Most of the smaller stores in the mall had only 1 or 2 customers in them.  We were out of there by 7:15 a.m.

On Saturday, we went to Best Buy around 3:30 in the afternoon.  I parked in one of several available parking spaces.  The store was reasonably busy, but certainly not what you would expect on "Black Saturday."  Similar to my experience at Macy's the day before, I went straight to a cashier . . . no lines, no waiting.

Today (Sunday) I returned to Best Buy at 11:30 a.m. to exchange a defective blu-ray movie I bought yesterday.  I parked very close to the store, there were very few customers inside, and I went straight to customer service . . . no lines, no waiting.

So, I have shopped on 3 different days at 3 different times of day during "Black Weekend" and encoutered only moderate crowds and NO WAITING at cash registers.  So far, it doesn't look like brick-and-mortar retailers are having a big Christmas Season.  Maybe online sales are better.  If not, I think the economy will continue to decline in the coming months.  Not good.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

I wouldn't know. I've been in the house almost the entire weekend. I saw article stating that retailers were 6.6% up from last year, so they must be doing alright.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »

I wouldn't know. I've been in the house almost the entire weekend. I saw article stating that retailers were 6.6% up from last year, so they must be doing alright.

It must be online sales or maybe other areas of the country have been busier.  I went to the same mall at around the same time on Black Friday last year and it was significantly more crowded than this year.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »

On Black Friday around here it wasn't much busier than an average weekend really.  I think people are figuring out that if you're not standing in line for 8 hours before the store opens, there's not much point in showing up at all.  Get another 5% off on some crap that was already on clearance, that's about it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »

On Black Friday around here it wasn't much busier than an average weekend really.  I think people are figuring out that if you're not standing in line for 8 hours before the store opens, there's not much point in showing up at all.  Get another 5% off on some crap that was already on clearance, that's about it.

I got a couple blu-ray movies at Best Buy yesterday for $6.99 and $7.99 and they were back up to at least $19.99 apiece when I went there again this morning!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »

Cyber Monday tommorow......yippie.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »

After finishing dinner with my family on Thanksgiving, I was driving home and passed by Best Buy.  The entire parking lot was filled to the brim with people and even some makeshift tents were in front of the building.  Quite crazy if I do say so myself.

I did go out on Black Friday, but about 7 in the morning.  By then, the crowds have cleared and I was able to get whatever I wanted or was looking for (which wasn't that much since I'm only after particular products).  Pretty good haul if I say so myself.  Saved at least 100 dollars.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »

I don't shop on any of those days, but it's less avoidance than merely consideration.  I don't have very much Christmas shopping to do, and pair back every year anyway.  Where's Darksider's cheapskate thread...???  Question Lookingup Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BLACK FRIDAY - - AND SATURDAY - - AND SUNDAY - - NOT SO BLACK « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.