Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:08:42 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  PETA Now Targets Mario « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PETA Now Targets Mario  (Read 8284 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: November 15, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

Frankly, I'm surprise that they haven't targeted him for all these years of abusing turtles.  I mean seriously, he jumps on top of turtles who are just minding their own business and smashes them so they hid inside of their shells in fear.  Then he has the nerve to kick the shell in some random direction, sometimes in a pit of all things!  He's meance to turtles everywhere!

Anyhow, care to jump in on this?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396385,00.asp#fbid=XGgg_dH-61F

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »

Good grief. Those PETA folks will do anything to get their names in the news won't they??

I remember a while back they sent a plea to the members of Judas Priest asking them to stop wearing leather outfits on stage, and to change the name of their album HELLBENT FOR LEATHER to HELLBENT FOR PLEATHER. Seriously.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »

I got no fundamental problem with organizations aimed at reducing animal cruelty. I think that is a fine endeavor.

However, the problem with PETA is that they operate under a number of faerieland assumptions that the majority of society doesn't embrace. In this case, they're saying that Nintendo is sending a message that it's okay to wear animals, the missing premise being this assumption that appears to be a given to them that is not a given to the rest of us, that wearing animals is not okay.  The majority of the world either thinks it's perfectly okay or at the very least open to arbitration. Sorry, PETA, many thousands of years of humans wearing animals is working against you. This is why so many people can't take PETA seriously.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »

They're just making their usual desperate attention-grab.  Typical.

And make no mistake: PETA is not about animal welfare.  Never has been.  PETA is about 'freeing' animals so they live completely without intervention by humans. What PETA is totally against is human intervention in any form - for ill OR good. Humans interfering with animals in any way is wrong, according to PETA.  PETA could care less if animals suffer and die: as far as they are concerned that is the natural way and as it should be, as long as it does not involve human actions. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »

They're just making their usual desperate attention-grab.  Typical.

And make no mistake: PETA is not about animal welfare.  Never has been.  PETA is about 'freeing' animals so they live completely without intervention by humans. What PETA is totally against is human intervention in any form - for ill OR good. Humans interfering with animals in any way is wrong, according to PETA.  PETA could care less if animals suffer and die: as far as they are concerned that is the natural way and as it should be, as long as it does not involve human actions. 

Well, I didn't want to go there, but yes, I'm aware of that. It's as if the deeper agenda of PETA is that humans be completely wiped off the face of the Earth. I have to make that assumption because that is the only way that humans would have no interaction or intervention with animals.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »

But aren't humans a part of the natural life cycle of the earth?
I mean, whether you believe in divine creation - in most versions of which, God gave man dominion over the animals - or in purely naturalistic evolution - in which case man is one of the most successful apex predators the world has ever produced - either way, people killing and eating and wearing animals is a PART of the natural process.

Which brings me to the conclusion that the members of PETA are a bunch of self loathing idiots.  However, being the kind and charitable soul that I am, I have a solution that should make them and us happy:

A complete moratorium on eating and wearing animals until all PETA members have been killed, skinned, and consumed.

BON APETIT!!!!! Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »

Whenever I hear anything about PETA a line form ST:TNG comes to mind:  Riker saying to someone, "We no longer enslave animals for food purposes" - so what do they enslave them for?  Companionship?  Experimentation?  Sacrifice?   TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:19:58 PM »

It's difficult for me to grasp how they have become such an influential organization given how ridiculous some of their actions are behaviors are. I don't even have words for this:

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »

To be fair, Mario does live in a world where animals are sentient and capable of complex reasoning, as are many of the plants. One of his friends, for instance, is a kindly, talkative, fully ambulatory toadstool. So perhaps there is something darker to this Tanooki suit scandal than we are being made aware of.

However, you will not hear PETA complaining about Mario straight-up curb stomping thousands upon thousands of goombas, which would make him one of the greatest mass-murderers of all time. You now why? Because PETA does not care about fungi. Never has. In fact, in support of this so-called "vegan" lifestyle, PETA fully endorses the uprooting, evisceration, and (in the final cruel act) consumption of many different forms of fungi.

Savages. I don't condone any of it.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »

There's a world called reasoning. There's a world called fantasy. And now there's a world called the Stupid. Can you guess what category PETA goes under now because of this? I mean, why not just make kids bored with educational video games like Marge Simpson
Small | Large

(0:46)

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »

But it has been proven that jumping on a koopa repeatedly while in Mario World can land you virtually unlimited lives in certain areas.  How can PETA argue with that really?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 03:26:37 AM »

Frankly, I'm surprise that they haven't targeted him for all these years of abusing turtles.  I mean seriously, he jumps on top of turtles who are just minding their own business and smashes them so they hid inside of their shells in fear.  Then he has the nerve to kick the shell in some random direction, sometimes in a pit of all things!  He's meance to turtles everywhere!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 12:07:00 AM »

Whenever I hear anything about PETA a line form ST:TNG comes to mind:  Riker saying to someone, "We no longer enslave animals for food purposes" - so what do they enslave them for?  Companionship?  Experimentation?  Sacrifice?   TongueOut
Circuses.  It's wrong to hunt animals for food, but making them wear funny hats and teaching them to ride a tricycle is A-ok!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 12:51:23 AM »

Circuses.  It's wrong to hunt animals for food,

Huh?

We hunt animals for food.  And give thanks for their sacrifice.

Is it more wrong to hunt for food than to farm for it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Cthulhu

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »

Geez...someone at PETA must be REALLY bored.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  PETA Now Targets Mario « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.