Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:03:06 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011)  (Read 7113 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: November 17, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »

Well here it is folks.  Just this movie and one more.  Then it's all over.  No more Twilight films until the eventual remake or reboot.

So, Twilight Breaking Dawn is the final and the most disliked of the entire series, so I wonder how that'll translate into a film.  Here's the plot summary for 4.1 according to wikipedia:

The newfound married bliss of Bella Swan and vampire Edward Cullen is cut short when a series of betrayals and misfortunes threatens to destroy their world. After their wedding, Bella and Edward travel to Rio de Janeiro for their honeymoon, where they finally consummate their marriage. Bella soon discovers she is pregnant...

And I'll stop there.  I don't want to spoil it for all you fans on the site.   TeddyR

Anyone here interested in seeing this and reporting back on what they thought?   Now don't throw all your hands up at once, don't need to throw your arm out of whack.  Me?  Nah, I'm seeing Puss in Boots tomorrow.  I'm going to invest my money into something I'll probably enjoy.

Small | Large

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight_saga_breaking_dawn/

Preview:
http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/twilight-breaking-dawn-part-1-preview-discussion

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »

I have not seen the previous movies in this series nor do I intend to see this one.  However, I will see the next one if the title is TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING WIND.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »

Who care? It's Twilight, they all suck. I give about as much mind to Twilight as I do the Saw sequels. All I know is not to watch ANY movie with Kirsten Stewart, Robert Pattinson*, and Taylor Laughtner.

*Harry Potter 4 was good

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »

I have not seen the previous movies in this series nor do I intend to see this one.  However, I will see the next one if the title is TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING WIND.

You beat me to it you son of a b***h!

TeddyR

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »

You know Stewart's supposedly got the female lead role in "Akira"? Thumbdown

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 06:50:11 PM »

Kristen Stewart looks perpetually bored in every scene she is in. If I were to judge her talent on the Twilight franchise alone I would have to say that she is pretty much devoid of it.

Then I watch a movie like The Runaways in which I thought she was superb, and I scratch my head.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »

My wife is stoked for the new "Twilight," thankfully she does not expect me to view it with her. She's been talking about doing a "girls night out" w/my sister in law to go see it, which is fine by me. I've seen more than enuff of the previous three.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »

Twilight? A ha.
AHA
AHAHAHAHAHA
HA ha
ha...

Bela Wept.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:32:16 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »

It makes me sick to my stomach that the vampire genre has sunk so low as to be "cool" to hipster wannabes that think crap like TWILIGHT is actually a good vampire film. Its the WB with ....blood drinking. Graf Orlack is a vampire. Bela,Chris Lee...this s**t makes me wanna puke.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 12:41:32 AM »

Horoor films used to be about pushing the boundries of your imagination...not conformist bulls**t or just grossing you out-(SAW series anyone?).
I miss horror films. The genre is close to dead.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 03:54:01 AM »

Wheres this pic from? It looks cool!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Archivist

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »

Our office manager and her daughter are massive Twilight fans.  They paid a goodly sum of money to go to opening night cocktail parties for at least two of the movies.  So, as a joke we bought her the documentary 'Robsessed' which she admitted to watching that very night!

I didn't know much about Twilight when I first saw it, only that it was a vampire movie and based on a 'young adult' book.  Little did I know that it wasn't Blade or Dracula or even Kindred, but some halfassed teenage romance movie.  With vampires.  Geez, if I want that I'll read Sweet Valley High.  Or club myself to death with large fish.

It annoys me, too, that the vampire genre has been co-opted by the teenage crowd and the brainless mainstream.  If you mention that you read vampire novels people immediately ask if you read Stephanie Meyer or Charlaine Harris.  Did you know that there's a huge subgenre of 'vampire romance' novels???  I even bought one by JR Ward, again fooled by the notion of blooddrinking beasts roaming the night.  Too bad that said beasts are swept into passion by some (often human) woman!  Aaarrggghhh!

I don't know where I saw this.  I might have even been here.  But this video sums up Twilight's popularity:

Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:36 AM »

It's from ALUCARDA (1978)...and it's not actualy a vampire film-it's...well...demon possesion..? It's a hard film to explain-but highly recommende-! Best 12 dollars I ever spent!
NSFW!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:20:47 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:09 AM »

Try as I might,  I gave up after the first two which were undoubtedly the most painful and idiotic cinematic endeavors I've ever had to face in my entire life. I actually saw part 2 in the theater and wanted to go on a shooting spree at the audience.  I reviewed the first two but I put my foot down when my wife asked me to take on part 3.  They're awful, though for fans of our subculture film genre, I actually may recommend seeing them.  Hell it would be a dream to go opening night to one of these with a bunch of you guys here.  We'd undoubtedly get into a fight with the Twi-tards.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 12:21:44 PM »

It makes me sick to my stomach that the vampire genre has sunk so low as to be "cool" to hipster wannabes that think crap like TWILIGHT is actually a good vampire film. Its the WB with ....blood drinking. Graf Orlack is a vampire. Bela,Chris Lee...this s**t makes me wanna puke.

I think vampires are booming and are actually being awesome currently in the comic industry.  If you are looking for real vampires, go there.  American Vampire; I, Vampire; and even iZombie where they were secondary characters are pretty damn solid.

You beat me to it you son of a b***h!

TeddyR

I so knew it.  Someone had to go for the obvious joke.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.