Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:44 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Pixar's Brave Trailer Released « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pixar's Brave Trailer Released  (Read 4709 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: November 17, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »

I'm getting Mulan vibes a bit, but hey, it's Pixar.  I'm sure it'll be good (I'm cool with Cars 2).

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jim H

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »

The style of this reminds me of Dreamworks (especially How To Train Your Dragon).  I dunno.  Not sold yet.
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »

I'm getting Mulan vibes a bit, but hey, it's Pixar.  I'm sure it'll be good (I'm cool with Cars 2).

HmmmMMMnnmmmm meh, I mean the trailer doesn't really grab me and yes I agree on the Mulan vibe.

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »

I like the redheaded twins.

It looks "good." Which I think is normally bad news, but if Pixar's past efforts are any judge, there'll be some substance to it.

And whatever one thinks of the trailer, Pixar is not doing another sequel to an earlier film, as far as I know. Actually, Pixar seldom does sequels to its previous films. Just two sequels to "Toy Story" and a sequel to "Cars." And while the future is cloudy, the only upcoming sequel I know about, or should is say prequel, is a sequel/prequel to "Monsters, inc."

I would add, that the film has already gotten some negative comments about the hero being a heroine, as if making the hero in the film a heroine, is some sort of paen to women's lib.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:42:38 PM »

It really annoys me how girls still can’t just be a hero, without being pointed out that they’re girls.
Cars 2 has either caused people to actually critique Pixar rather than kiss their asses every year, or, people will worship Brave once it comes out. "OMG, it was at least better than Cars 2!"
Only time will tell.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »

It really annoys me how girls still can’t just be a hero, without being pointed out that they’re girls.

Maybe in the movie industry, but the comic and the cartoon certianly has moved on past that.

Cars 2 has either caused people to actually critique Pixar rather than kiss their asses every year...

I don't kiss their asses, it's just for me, I just find it hard to find problems with their movies.  Outside of not connecting/relating to some characters or not getting a joke, I just can't find many anything bad.  Even with Cars 2 I can't find many problems with it (Frankly, the only issue with it that it feels more like Dreamworks film).

Now if want me to kiss some ass, let me start talking about Animal Man by Jeff Lemire or Baccano...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »

How about the fact that their bourgeois, disposable kiddie flicks? :P

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »

How about the fact that their bourgeois, disposable kiddie flicks? :P

Bourgeois? *Goes to Dictionary.com*

1: of, relating to, or characteristic of the social middle class

Well that makes no sense...

2: marked by a concern for material interests and respectability and a tendency toward mediocrity
3: dominated by commercial and industrial interests

Hmmm... are you sure not Armond White in disguise?

Now for your thoughts on disposable.  Pixar films aren't disposable.   Video Brinquedo films are disposable:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 01:09:13 AM »

They're mostly lame, pseudo-heartwarming, pseudo-empowering, pseudo-uplifting movies made by millionares who couldn't care less about real people. What really gets me is that the oppressed keep consuming the swill.
=)

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 01:52:54 AM »

I might check it out. If nothing else, if this is moderately successful it'll add to the list of movies that starred women outside of conventionally "female" genres (I'm looking at you, romantic comedy and drama) that did well commercially. There are still way too few movies that pass the Bechdel Test -- and this should not be such a difficult test to pass since almost every movie passes the Reverse Bechdel Test without even trying.

Heck, it might be Pixar's first time passing it.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »

What really gets me is that the oppressed keep consuming the swill.

Question

1848 called, and they want their tired, ridiculous, fantasy driven cliche's back.

Wow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Pixar's Brave Trailer Released « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.