Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:50 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  parents name new born Adolf Hitler, lose custody of him « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: parents name new born Adolf Hitler, lose custody of him  (Read 13321 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: November 20, 2011, 01:39:15 AM »

these morons also gave their other kids Nazi inspired names  Hatred Hatred Hatred

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/parents-adolf-hitler-lose-custody-newborn-020633900.html

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »

Adolf Hitler pretty much ruined his own name for everybody forever.

I think the only person who is still pulling off any sort of variant is Dolph Lundgren. Sort of amusing because Dolph Lundgren would be the stereotypical Aryan.

Now I'm not defending these stupid, hateful, and stupid racists, but at least Adolf Hitler is a name. The article says that they have another daughter who they named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell. That doesn't even make sense. They may not be the worst parents ever, but they're certainly in the running.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:43:04 AM »

Wouldn't the world be a much nicer place if stupid and mean people were not allowed to reproduce?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »

Wouldn't the world be a much nicer place if stupid and mean people were not allowed to reproduce?

Stupid, mean people can have intelligent, kind children, and vice-versa.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »

And a mustache style oddly.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

I don't know, recently Michael Jordan had one samliar to that

and many many moons ago Charlie Chaplin did

so I wouldn't say he ruined the mustache, it's just considered to be in horrible taste to have one like Hilter did

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »

J. Jonah Jameson can still pull it off. 
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »

I guess it's too soon to be naming kids Adolf Hitler then, ay? There goes my plans for naming my next child.

I guess I'll have to go back a little further then. Ivan the Terrible has an nice ring to it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 01:16:55 PM »

The fundamental, core problem with this is that it is no one's business what a parent names their child.  Yes, these names are idiotic (on a number of levels)...less so than "Moon Unit"?...but,

To take someone's child away because you don't like what you named them is INSANE.  And wrong (on many levels).

This speaks volumes about what ILLUSIONS the freedoms we think we have really are.  And, how deeply low our culture has sunk.  This coming Friday, people will get into fist fights over the last pair of day-glo-green Nike's on sale, but no one bats an eye that:

THE FREAKING GOVERNMENT IS RIPPING CHILDREN FROM THEIR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS because of what they chose to NAME THEM.

What GOD gives anyone the power to tell a parent what to NAME THEIR CHILD?  Why do "they" get to decide what names are acceptable?  What if next month, "Peter" is deemed unacceptable, and thus a jailable offense?  Or Richard?  Or Debra?

Who gets to choose?

No, this is wrong, but not because of what the parents have done.  This is wrong because of the response to what the parents have done and the fact that it is news and very, very few people are even talking about this side of it.  There's a much bigger picture here than just this one family.

We need to rise above the Godwin's Law emotional response that the name Adolph Hitler evokes and look deeper at this  problem.

And lest you guys think I'm the resident tin-foil-hat-guy, parens patriae run amok is a very real problem...and a growing one.

Some light reading:

http://www.barefootsworld.net/parensp.html

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/6e.htm

http://www.hslda.org/hs/international/Germany/201111080.asp  (this is but one example of many on this site)

And, how about a 35 minute web video on the topic?

http://www.overruledmovie.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »

Well, ulther, I understand the fundamentals of your position, but I can think of few bigger red flags of deeper problems at home than a couple that would name their child Adolf Hitler. The vibe I got from the article was that the removal had to do with more than that. But if I worked for Child Protective Services and a couple named their child Adolf Hitler, and were even stupid enough to order a birthday cake with Adolf Hitler on it, I would investigate immediately. How idiotic is that?

Besides, the article states that the child was not removed simply because of naming, although I would venture to guess that it was an initial indicator that drew attention, as well it should be.

If you workd for Child Protective Services and learned that a couple adopted a black child and named him “n****r,” wouldn’t you immediately question the fitness of the parents? Wouldn’t you immediately have concern for the well-being of that child? There are certain things you just don’t do, and naming a child Adolf Hitler is one of them. Any reasonable person is going to question the competency of parents who would do such a thing, so it's not a question of who chooses what names are unacceptable. This goes well beyond that.

ulthar

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »

Any reasonable person is going to question the competency of parents who would do such a thing, so it's not a question of who chooses what names are unacceptable. This goes well beyond that.

I disagree completely, which is okay.  I'm used to being an iconoclast.

There is nothing transcendentally wrong with any name a parent chooses.  It is YOUR emotional baggage that is making it an issue.

Hitler was evil, no doubt.  No doubt that *I* think those parents are stupid for doing that.  And perhaps more than a bit odd.  But, here's the thing.

It is not MY CHILD, and it is not MY CHOICE.

There's a very fundamental, philosophical issue here.  Is the parent sovereign in the family?  I say "yes."  There are clear cases where the parent is abusive; this is not one of those.  You and I don't have to like, or agree, with what the parent choose, but it's their choice.

If there were other, more substantive reasons to remove the children from the home, the article should have been about those...hell, at least MENTIONED them specifically rather than alluding to nebulous claims to try to build credibility.  But no, the article was an emotional appeal (one of our Logical Fallacies...often used to manipulate) capitalizing on one of the strongest memes in modern culture.

How about this example.  An acquaintance raised his daughter alone from age 9 to 16.  She was happy and healthy.  He had dreamed of moving aboard a boat and sailing the world.  She was totally on board with that idea and wanted to go with him.

A neighbor, a third party, heard of the idea and thought that was no way for a 16 year girl to live.  How would she go to the mall, watch American Idol, eat junk food and "fit in?"  She petitioned the local family court and...

Got the child removed from the home and placed into HER CUSTODY!

Yes sir, the court decided (I THINK this was in Ohio) that "the best interest of the child" was to be placed in the custody of a neighbor rather than her own parent.  She strongly disagreed and wanted to stay with her Dad.  The court figuratively patted her on the head, said, "there there, little missy, let the grown-ups talk," even though she was old enough to drive, reproduce, have a job and not so long ago, be married and have a family of her own.

True story, man, and not an isolated one.  This is a VERY serious issue, and we have to be very careful what cases we side with the parens patriae arm of the government.

Sanctioned kidnapping over a name...and people are defending it...just wow.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »

It is YOUR emotional baggage that is making it an issue.
Apparently it's everybody on the planet but You 's emotional baggage.

(...   You 's?  I feel weird just typing that.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:55:12 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
ulthar

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »

It is YOUR emotional baggage that is making it an issue.
Apparently it's everybody on the planet but You 's emotional baggage.

(...   You 's?  I feel weird just typing that.)

No, there are a lot of folks that agree with me, but so what?  Mob rule is right now?

You guys aware that in the first article I read on this (weeks before it was posted here), it was clearly stated that the judge in the case found there was NOT evidence of other abuse?  The sole basis for this is the NAME.

I remain stunned.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »

There is nothing transcendentally wrong with any name a parent chooses.  It is YOUR emotional baggage that is making it an issue.

My emotional baggage makes it an issue? I assure I was not personally affected by the Holocaust, nor raped by Hitler, so I don't see how emotional baggage has anything to do with it.

It is not a subjective opinion that Hitler was one of history's ugliest monsters. It is virtually unanimous, and the only people that would actually consider him a hero are exactly the type of people I would question in their ability to raise a child. I have no problem with you fundamental position. However, there are rare occasions in life where situations rise above basic philosophical issues. Philosophy serves as a guide, not a ball and chain.

Cthulhu

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:57 PM »

I bet did they nazi that coming.
But Anne Frankly, they deserved it. This is not reich.
Allright, these nazi jokes have been goring on for to long. This is getting out from mein kampfort zone.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  parents name new born Adolf Hitler, lose custody of him « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.