Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:16:49 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Early entirely CGI movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Early entirely CGI movie  (Read 2919 times)
Corvid
New Visitor

« on: November 20, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »

I've been trying to track down a lot of these movies I only have vague memories of...
This is a movie I saw when I was a lot younger, I remember checking it out of ah Hollywood Video store...  It was an early animated CGI movie, I don't think it had any hand-drawn parts...
The plot was really cliche, it was about two warring factions in some fantasy world.  One of the factions was sort of a viking-ish one that had the powers of ice, and the other faction was chinese, and had the powers of fire.  Apparently both sides both once had dragons, but most of the dragons had been destroyed or had disappeared or something.  The movie centered around this blonde guy who I think was the son of the Ice leader, and this chinese girl who was the daughter of the Fire leader.  The guuy had a blue dragon, and I think the girl may have had a dragon as well.  The girl could make fire flare up when she was angry.
The twist at the end was the mentor of the girl and the mentor of the guy was the same person, and he was the one who was responsible for the dragon's death/disappearance.  I think it involved the dragons/dragon skeletons being frozen beneath the Fire palace?
It wasn't Avatar or Eragon.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »

Fire and Ice (1983)?

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »

I believe this is likely "Dragons: Fire & Ice" (2004).  I've never seen it, but know of it. 

Found a YouTube promo for it:

Small | Large

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Corvid
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »

Yep, that's it!  Wow, I remembered it was terrible, but not THAT terrible XD
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Early entirely CGI movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.