Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:47:44 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Craziest Reasons for Killer Creature Creation « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Craziest Reasons for Killer Creature Creation  (Read 4469 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: November 21, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »

I've watched many killer animal movies in the past and there have been so many different reasons and silly explanations for why animals suddenly go nuts and want to rip our faces off.  We've all heard the classic plot devices of radiation (Them), toxic waste drop (Eight Legged Freaks), and science experiments gone crazy (Deep Blue Sea).  Then things get a bit weird.  Sometimes, I seriously question the reason for why some of these animals go rogue.  Ozone hole for Day of the Animals or steroids making large ticks/leeches.  In all of the insane and silly ways killer animals are made, what do you think is the craziest you've ever seen?

It's tough, but I got to hand it off to Squirm where electricity makes worms in violent man eating creatures.  That's so crazy that it's just makes me laugh.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »

The Birds? :P

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »

I don't really remember any details of the movie Bats. For some reason a scientist had bio-engineered bats to become an organism hell-bent on destroying humanity. That may not have been his aim, but it was the ultimate result.

His reasoning when confronted: "I'm a scientist! That's what we do! We make things better!"

Terrible movie, but one of my favorite bits of movie scientist dialogue.

The reason animals are killing everybody? Science! (You can thank us later, after we get the paper published.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »

Watched Lake Placid 3 last night and the crocodiles grew to gigantic proportions apparently because a kid was feeding them meat he'd stolen from a local store.  We're talking less than 10 lbs. of meat a day split between at least 3 crocodiles. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »

One of the movies for me is the "The Hive".

I watched the movie but got confused.  Did the ants evolve or were they part of a higher (alien) purpose.  They showed very high intelligence and the end scene shows something like a computer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1062161/

Small | Large

Small | Large

Thanks,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 08:24:52 AM »

***The second video might not be safe for work or young kidos.***

Another one is the "The Graveyard Shift"

What created the huge bat creature in old grave yard.  Why did it grow so big and why were the rats always following it around.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099697/

Small | Large

Small | Large

Was the bat creature created from Toxic dumping, eating all the people, mutation or evolution?

I hope I am not the only one here, but I thought the caverens underneath the graveyard and the older machinery underneath the textile plant were cool and I would love to have found these places.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »

Any film where the military tries to make an animal into a super weapon/bring an animal back from extinction to use as a super weapon. This plot device just irritates the hell out of me every time that I see it; there are seriously too many for me to even pick an example but it always goes the same way:

Mr. Important-General-Man: "Let's make these deadly animals more deadly and use them as weapons! There's no way they'll try and kill anyone but our enemies if we train them!"
*Three months of elapsed training*
Mr. Important-General-Man: "Ok, let the [insert_here] out!"
[Insert_here]:"MEAT! FJDSGUFRDGHSJFGDSGHT!"
Everyone present: "AUghohmygodAAAAAAAAblarghoooggg-blag!"

Me: EXACTLY! Why the $#^% did you do that?!"

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »

Whatever the explanation for Jaws:  the Revenge was
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »

Whatever the explanation for Jaws:  the Revenge was

Voodoo.   Seriously, it's even got it's own trope named after it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VoodooShark

Which leads me to my least favorite reason for animals being turned into monster. The "these animals are killers-because that's how they really are" or sometimes "invasive exotics".  What your seeing is a normal animal that by its nature could outdo Jason Voorhees, Freddy Kruger, and Michael Myers in a couple of hours.  If anything is different, its the environment that the creature normally inhabits.

Let's look at Lake Placid.  The idea in the movie is that somehow a normal crocodile has made it from its natural habitat to an area where its not competing with other crocs and that the local population was simply not expecting a crocodile living in their lake.  Other than that,  we're meant to believe that this what might happen if you planted an animal from one environment to another.

There was a movie called Maneater where a Bengal tiger was the killer.  Loose in a small town, it appeared to be an almost unstoppable killer.

Sort of the same with Jaws and Anaconda.  The animals are just monsters because they are.

My problem with this explanation.  If you look at the animals mentioned: crocodile, tiger, great white shark, anaconda. These are all animals that have nearly have been hunted to the point of extinction in the wild.  It's lazy, and coming from someone who watches Animal Planet, this almost seems stupider then radiation, or genetic engineering.

Then again...The events of Primeval, and The Ghost and the Darkness where loosely based on true events.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Raffine

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »

SAVAGE PLANET (2007) A bunch of bears are very angry about somehow being transplanted onto some distant planet accessible only by wormholes or something. When a group of scientists come to Planet of The Bears looking for this goo stuff they get eaten by, well, bears. The fact the bears are merely stock footage doesn't stop them from being killing machines one little bit.

SyFy has come out with some lulus but this tops (bottoms?) them all.

SAVAGE PLANET! See it!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
WhenBadMoviesAttack
PhD. In Sarcasm and Patronising.
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 09:39:42 AM »

I've got to say either:

Birdemic 2: Shock and Terror; Because of pollution. So the birds are p**sed off, so they attack and kamikaze buildings, people and cars. (???)

or

The Toxic Avenger (Troma); Guy runs away from bullies and dives into a toxic waste barrel. (Not really a killer creature because he is actually a good guy, but does kill some people.)

Also, Toxic Avenger is my next movie to review, just got to finish some things off.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »

How' bout "Zaat" aka "The Blood Waters Of Dr. Z?"

Small | Large

A mad scientist uses his experimental serum on himself and transforms into a half-man, half-fish creature. He then kidnaps random people, and uses the serum to turn them into fish creatures, too. Why? Because he hates humanity and wants aquatic life forms to "rule the universe." Uhhhh... yeah, OK.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
major jay

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »

THE GIANT CLAW
Some believe it is a French-Canadian folk legend come to life, but it turns out to be an extraterrestrial giant bird composed of anti-matter whose disregard for human life and architecture threatens the world

ChaosTheory

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

How exactly was that supposed to work?

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

... whaaaaaaaaa?????

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Craziest Reasons for Killer Creature Creation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.