Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:42:35 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Craziest Reasons for Killer Creature Creation « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Craziest Reasons for Killer Creature Creation  (Read 4533 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 01:25:11 AM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

How exactly was that supposed to work?

I don't know how it's supposed to work, but can anyone here honestly look at that poster and NOT want to see that movie?
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:08 AM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

I don't know how it's supposed to work, but can anyone here honestly look at that poster and NOT want to see that movie?

It is not in the file! It is not!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 04:21:04 AM »

From the SyFy files, I'll add MegaPiranha. Tiffany and her fellow "scientists" try to create a food source to feed the starving people of South America by genetically altering a group of piranha so that they never stop growing, absorb nutrients through skin so thick that it can withstand a nuclear blast (so that they can grow whether they eat or not), and can survive in salt water. If you were going to experiment on animals with this goal in mind, why on Earth would you use piranhas? They are not a food fish, nor are they so plentiful that they are readily accessible. But I guess killer tuna wouldn't draw as many viewers (although I'd probably watch that  Twirling).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 06:05:47 AM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

I saw that movie when it was first released and I still don't know how it was supposed to work.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

Technically, he only trained it to understand English and even speak it a little. Then the military took the dolphin and trained it to carry a "ball" that could be attached to the hull of a boat. Naturally, the ball becomes a bomb after training.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Raffine

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 10:14:21 AM »

UNWITTINGLY,
HE TRAINED
A DOLPHIN
TO KILL
THE
PRESIDENT
OF THE
UNITED
STATES.

Boy, I know I hate when I do that.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »

DAY OF THE DOLPHIN:

Technically, he only trained it to understand English and even speak it a little. Then the military took the dolphin and trained it to carry a "ball" that could be attached to the hull of a boat. Naturally, the ball becomes a bomb after training.

I bought this DVD.   Bluesad

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »

How about THE SUCKLING (1990), where an aborted fetus is flushed down a toilet and mutates into a monster in the sewer?  Now that's a movie to reckon with!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 10:21:18 AM »

How about THE SUCKLING (1990), where an aborted fetus is flushed down a toilet and mutates into a monster in the sewer?  Now that's a movie to reckon with!

So the real threats in a sewer are not alligators but fetuses?  Wow, you learn something new all the time.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »

From the SyFy files, I'll add MegaPiranha. Tiffany and her fellow "scientists" try to create a food source to feed the starving people of South America by genetically altering a group of piranha so that they never stop growing, absorb nutrients through skin so thick that it can withstand a nuclear blast (so that they can grow whether they eat or not), and can survive in salt water. If you were going to experiment on animals with this goal in mind, why on Earth would you use piranhas? They are not a food fish, nor are they so plentiful that they are readily accessible. But I guess killer tuna wouldn't draw as many viewers (although I'd probably watch that  Twirling).
And that goes for dogs, cats, and sharks. I say, work on power armor with a limited A.I. It can't turn on you if it can't think for it's self.
Genetic Mutation: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »

For some reason every time I see the title of this thread I think it says "Craziest Reasons for Killer Clown Creation."

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
mrsskinner
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »

The Food O The Gods-"the Lord give it to us cause we"re deserving people and we pray regular"
The found the substance bubbling up out of the ground looking like it had been thrown up already-after they found out it wasn't oil they tried feeding to the animals who wouldn't touch it til they mixed it with their food
Archivist

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 05:37:03 AM »

Zaat - 'the attack of the walking catfish'???  Wow, I had no idea that even existed!

Of course, Alligator (1980) is based on the old chestnut of something flushed down the toilet.  The alligator fed on the bodies of animals that had been pumped with growth hormone or something and grew to gargantuan proportions.  I remember watching that movie at a friend's birthday sleepover when I was 12 or 13, and even then we thought it was hilarious.

Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Craziest Reasons for Killer Creature Creation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.