Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:45:33 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  MOVIES THAT SCARED YOU OUT OF THE THEATER AS A KID « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MOVIES THAT SCARED YOU OUT OF THE THEATER AS A KID  (Read 6827 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: November 23, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »

I was four when we went to see THE TIME MACHINE at the Dreamland.....these guys did it for me, I ran the whole block-and-a-half home....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »

No movie ever scared me out of the theater.  Although, I did get quite a fright when Barnabas Collins turned into an old man in HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:52:51 PM »

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILER if you've never seen "Salem's Lot" (1979)

Small | Large

This gave me nightmares for years and I didn't again chance watching an Horror film for over 10 years --must have seen this when I was 6-7. Granted it was on TV I saw it.

There's a similar sequence in BLACK SABBATH I also find even more unsettling.

Small | Large

Some scenes in this one frightened me quite a bit too. I'm almost certain now I saw Brides of Dracula and Salem's Lot on the same night as a little kid.

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »

Small | Large

This left me screaming out of the theatre, declaring the apocalypse was among us.
....Well okay, not really, but...*grins*

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
claws
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »

Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971). This wasn't during its original run but years later. I was 5 1/2 years old and the onscreen horror was just too much for me and my one year older sister. Our father took us home while my mother and my two other sisters enjoyed the movie to the very end.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 02:22:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFas5pAv75I
This left me screaming out of the theatre, declaring the apocalypse was among us.
....Well okay, not really, but...*grins*

Dude, I can relate.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:55:12 PM »

And I like PPG just fine (though as far as "Favorite Cartoon Cartoons" go, Courage, I Am Weasel and Dexter are ranked higher), mind you. But I can still smell a P.o.S when I see it. In this case, the movie is the kind of the thing the show would've parodied.
More on-topic, I recall Little Nicky unnerving me enough to where I snuck out of the theatre while dad continued watching it. I don't what it was that disturbed me, just that I didn't want to watch the rest.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:46:37 AM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 05:55:42 AM »

I won't say "scared me out the theater" but Sidney Lumet's Murder On The Orient Express murder scene frightened the crap out of me (I was seven).  Buggedout Buggedout

Picture this: Jean-Pierre Cassel comes into Richard Widmark's compartment after the latter's been drugged, JPC turns off the main light and switches on the blue night light: he comes up out of the darkness and his whole face has turned an eerie shade of blue, as has everything else. Then the murder follows: I was totally blown away by this film and I remember thinking that doing something like this is what I wanted to do with my life someday. *

* I don't mean murdering someone on a train, I meant being in the movies in some way.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:54 AM »

Pet Sematary, The Stick, Event Horizon and The Believers pretty much unsettled me all the way home. Buggedout Buggedout

peter johnson

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »

Yes, the Hammer "Brides of Dracula" made me leave well before it was over.  The poster featured a guy in a red vest as a vampire, though this costume was not in the film.  For months afterward, I would leave the room if someone wearing a red vest came in -
peter johnson

I have no idea what this means.
muckhappy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 10:09:04 PM »

Sadly Tim Curry always managed to scare me as Penny Wise in IT
daveblackeye15

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »

I'll admit it, and I know it's a contested film, but Paranormal Activity got me pretty close at times.

Yeah I know some find it too stupid to enjoy, I understand that, or too boring. But it felt kind of good being scared by a movie like that rather than watching another gore-gore horror movie.

Ah whoops missed the 'as a kid' bit. Well, don't think I've ever ran out of something as a kid or even got close.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »

I won't say "scared me out the theater" but Sidney Lumet's Murder On The Orient Express murder scene frightened the crap out of me (I was seven).  Buggedout Buggedout

Picture this: Jean-Pierre Cassel comes into Richard Widmark's compartment after the latter's been drugged, JPC turns off the main light and switches on the blue night light: he comes up out of the darkness and his whole face has turned an eerie shade of blue, as has everything else. Then the murder follows: I was totally blown away by this film and I remember thinking that doing something like this is what I wanted to do with my life someday. *

* I don't mean murdering someone on a train, I meant being in the movies in some way.  Wink

Actually, I thought you meant emerging from the darkness with your face an eerie shade of blue.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
akiratubo

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »

The only movie that actually scared me out of the theater was whichever Harry Potter it was that had the giant spiders in it.  I think it was Chamber of Secrets.  I quite literally ran out of the theater as fast as I could.  I was 23.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:35 AM »

Actually, I thought you meant emerging from the darkness with your face an eerie shade of blue.

TeddyR TeddyR Thumbup

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  MOVIES THAT SCARED YOU OUT OF THE THEATER AS A KID « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.