Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:46:00 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films that "fascinate" you? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Films that "fascinate" you?  (Read 9416 times)
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 25, 2011, 03:16:06 AM »

For lack of a better way to put it, we're talking about films that you wouldn't necessarily call good per se, but you can't help but find it interesting (story that had potential, interesting ideas within the lame story, a good performance or two, maybe a terrible film done by a director whose work you usually love, etc).
I'm not even sure I can pinpoint why, but as a kid watching Mst3k, I was always fascinated by "Soultaker (1990)", to where I got into the film just as much as I did the riffing. Maybe it's just because of the concept of death being dealt with or something corny like that, or I just have horrible taste, but I can see this being something genuinely unique in better hands.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:19:32 AM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »

The Final Sacrifice: I wish I could see it all, any version is OK, even the MST3K version.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »

For lack of a better way to put it, we're talking about films that you wouldn't necessarily call good per se, but you can't help but find it interesting (story that had potential, interesting ideas within the lame story, a good performance or two, maybe a terrible film done by a director whose work you usually love, etc).
I'm not even sure I can pinpoint why, but as a kid watching Mst3k, I was always fascinated by "Soultaker (1990)", to where I got into the film just as much as I did the riffing. Maybe it's just because of the concept of death being dealt with or something corny like that, or I just have horrible taste, but I can see this being something genuinely unique in better hands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tXBczrkahM

I love Soul Taker.  This is because of MST3K.  I loved is so much I tracked down a VHS copy of it.  Not easy.  I like because of the concept of death and then it has an Esteve and the might Mr. Chin (Robert Z'Dar).

Small | Large

Here is a short clip of scenes someone put together of the MST3K'ed version.

Good start.

Later,

John
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:01:06 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »

The Final Sacrifice: I wish I could see it all, any version is OK, even the MST3K version.  TeddyR

I am very fascinated by this one too.  Again because of MST3K  Cheers.  Again I had to track this one down too.  Found it and again it was not easy.  This movie has been list under different names.

Final Sacrifice and Quest for the Lost City the two easiest names to find.   The cover work for the Quest for the Lost City has nothing to do with the actual movie.  Rowzdower is a buff guy, with a ripped shirt, muscular arms, carring a hunting riffle and looks very confident.  Troy looks like a young Baldwin brother and looks like a very confident fit twenty something carrying a gigacounter (???).  There there is a floating head that looks like Kevin Sorbo.  There is a sword that is floating too.

This is a great cheesy movie.  I like both the MST3K'ed version and the full movie.  You can't go wrong with either.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large
If you can't find a copy of the movie let me know.  I could probably make a copy for you.

Have fun watching.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »

Another movie is R.O.T.O.R..

I saw this in Hastings for sale.  Loved the cover and bought it.  The over has a cyborg with a BIG gun in a post appotolipic world.  The movie differs from the cover work some.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Later,

John

voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:11 PM »

Small | Large

Truth Or Dare: A Critical Madness

Not a "good" movie exactly, but a movie that me and my friends can't seem to get enough of.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »

Luigi Cozzi's "Starcrash" for me. I stumbled across that movie on Sunday afternoon TV sometime in the '80s (I guess I was around 14 years old at the time) and though I only saw it once, it haunted my dreams for nearly a quarter century. (What red blooded American boy could possibly forget Stella Star and her leather space bikini?)

Last year Shout Factory released it on DVD as part of the Roger Corman Classics series and I had to snap one up. I watched the movie and then geeked out on every bit of the hours and hours of bonus features and commentaries, which I rarely, if ever, do. I guess I was just so happy that someone else besides me even remembered that movie.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 04:48:58 PM »

MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE:  It's terrible, of course, and not even funny in a bad movie way---but the bad-dream like atmosphere makes it watchable and sort of fascinating.

THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN: Another terrible, terrible movie; sometimes I've had fun watching, sometimes I've hated watching it, but after reviewing it twice I know it inside and out.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:07:39 AM »

Any bad by most peoples standards horror film from Italy does this too me.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:04:09 AM »

The BRAIN THAT WOULDNT DIE

I find this film endlessly fasicnating.
Endless.
I first saw it when I was a kid.
Its like drugs-I watch it at least once a month.
at least!!!!
Sometimes more.
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 01:27:08 AM »

Another-COMBAT SHOCK
f**ked up movie.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 02:27:40 AM »

Small | Large

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 07:21:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULbEawZdXBM

Not a "good" movie exactly, but a movie that me and my friends can't seem to get enough of.

I LOVE this movie!
By the same director-try KILLING SPREE

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
voltron

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULbEawZdXBM

I LOVE this movie!
By the same director-try KILLING SPREE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3c1RNzs5RU

Tim Ritter - GENIUS!
What did you think of the TOD sequels, RC?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 07:24:10 AM »

^There are sequels????  Buggedout

MUST....SEE...!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films that "fascinate" you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.