Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:59:50 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Illeagle use of a chicken : Barnyard fowl in films. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Illeagle use of a chicken : Barnyard fowl in films.  (Read 2326 times)
Flangepart
« on: April 29, 2002, 10:44:27 AM »

The lowley chicken. One of the most inherently humorious chreatures on the planet. And, suprisingly photogenic. From Oddball pet in "War gods of the deep", to source of Mutation in "Carnasour", to  a star turn in "Chicken run". Chickens have fed our minds, as well as our stomachs, for as long as movies have been around. So....what is your favorite Bird Shot? Have i missed some weird chicken related goodies? Concitering how prolific the B(ad)-movie bidness is, what is your favorite example of hollywood giveing us the bird?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 10:45:49 AM »

My favorite is the old "Super Chicken" cartoons

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it"
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 10:58:39 AM »

Not really a movie, but I liked the scene in the DNA episode of Red Dwarf, in which Lister is briefly turned into a chicken.

"What was it like being a chicken?"

"Well, you've seen the size of an egg, and you've seen the size of a chicken's bum. What I was trying to say in chicken talk was, for God's sake, give me an epidural."
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 03:54:17 PM »

Giant pitchforked rooster attack from Food of the Gods.
Diesl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 07:01:44 PM »

Angel Heart ... Blaaaag!!!!!! I couldn't eat Mc Nuggets for a week.
Gerry
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2002, 12:40:28 PM »

Not a chicken, but how about the duck in JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1959).
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2002, 12:42:37 PM »

Ouch! How could i miss that one? Reminds me of Mel Brooks 2000 year old man. "Ya know why we called it an egg? Watch a chicken lay one, it goes EgggggggggGGGGGGGGGG!!!"
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 03:25:13 PM »

Yeah......yeah, i did say barnyard fowl. And, while chickens rule......Ducks are great birds, as any Warner bros. fan will quickyl admit.
john
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2002, 01:35:01 AM »

How about the chicken in the ass scene in Me, Myself & Irene?
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2002, 04:55:07 PM »

Jay's right. "Super Chicken" was great. My favorite episode, this
having come from living in Rhode Island, was the one where the villain stole the entire state of Rhode Island and towed it out to sea. Just ROTFL. Enjoy!
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 11:45:25 AM »

> was the one where the villain stole the entire state of Rhode Island and towed it out to sea

I remember that one :)   Hilarious.

The two running jokes.  Fred always getting hurt and Super Chicken saying "You new the job was dangerous when you took it" and how Super Chicken would always comment on the Super Sauce:  "Too much tobasco" or something silly.  If you added them all up, that was one strange sauce....
Luke Bannon
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2002, 05:56:59 PM »

Gee, I've read about a couple of films in which a chicken was violated (ugh!) but another favourite memory would be the Red Dwarf incident or Charlie Sheen firing a chicken like an arrow in Hot Shots! Part Deux
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Illeagle use of a chicken : Barnyard fowl in films. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.