Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:47:31 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Manners And Etiquette « previous next »
Poll
Question: How would you rate yourself regarding Manners And Etiquette?
Very highly, I hardly ever commit a faux paux. - 2 (10%)
Moderate, I contain myself at social functions but will leave the room to fart. - 17 (85%)
Blarrrrrp...fffffttt....here smell dat s**t! - 1 (5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Manners And Etiquette  (Read 6925 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »

Manners And Etiquette...I'm not sure how one could truly rate themselves seeing there are so many layers.  Do you fold your napkin on your lap when you go out to eat?  Do you hold the door open for people?  So I kept it to three options, decide where you fit.

Me personally, I think I'm in the moderate range.  I honestly hate social functions where I have to watch my mouth and act accordingly.  I've been lectured on my manners yet have been praised how civil I act.  I find as I get older I get lectured more perhaps because I really don't care much.  For example, we were meeting some friends for dinner the other day and we were there early when they called our table.  I insisted we sit down and simply give our friends a call to let them know we got the table.  She insisted that was "rude", I didn't see a connection personally and I ended up being right.  We had to wait extra long for a table.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »

Moderate, if I had a lot of beans and broccoli and I'm in the bathroom- a nuclear bomb went off in the toilet. Gotta grab a table before the crowd arrives and makes you wait longer, which can cause the younger children make your life miserable because of nagging.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:36:57 AM by El Toro Loco » Logged

yeah no.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »

Moderate.  My major deviations from proper etiquette include things like eating with my elbows on the table.  I have no problem farting in the presence of family and close friends.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »

I have Asperger's.
I wouldn't know the difference.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 01:32:19 PM »

Manners And Etiquette...I'm not sure how one could truly rate themselves seeing there are so many layers.  Do you fold your napkin on your lap when you go out to eat?  Do you hold the door open for people?  So I kept it to three options, decide where you fit.

Me personally, I think I'm in the moderate range.  I honestly hate social functions where I have to watch my mouth and act accordingly.  I've been lectured on my manners yet have been praised how civil I act.  I find as I get older I get lectured more perhaps because I really don't care much.  For example, we were meeting some friends for dinner the other day and we were there early when they called our table.  I insisted we sit down and simply give our friends a call to let them know we got the table.  She insisted that was "rude", I didn't see a connection personally and I ended up being right.  We had to wait extra long for a table.

I would always grab the table as soon as it became available.  What's the point of hanging around waiting for everyone to show up?  If I showed up after everyone else and they were already seated when I arrived I would be happy that I didn't need to wait for the table!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »

Despite my often caustic demeanor, I actually polish up nicely.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

For example, we were meeting some friends for dinner the other day and we were there early when they called our table.  I insisted we sit down and simply give our friends a call to let them know we got the table.  She insisted that was "rude", I didn't see a connection personally and I ended up being right.  We had to wait extra long for a table.

It seems ruder to not grab the available table, thus forcing your friends to wait when they arrive.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »

Btw, thanks to all who agree with me on the table thing.  It feels great to be correct over my wife's decisions.  TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »

Another action I get flagged for, grabbing an extra helping of something at a work party.  Let me say I'm not going to shaft anyone who hasn't had a bite to eat but I figure if its there, I'm done eating, I'm so getting another helping. 

DarkSider's Realm

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:18 PM »

I'm also in the moderate area....I was taught to be polite but would never try to pass myself off as always being polite. I do have the occassional temper flare up. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »

#2....I was raised old-school....but, I have a smart mouth, and I don't suffer fools (or political correctness) gladly.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »

I'm in the moderate group too.  I was taught "please" and "thank you" and to generally be polite.  But if I have a little too much to drink, my brain and my mouth are not always on the same page.   Question

Hold onto your dreams ....
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

I voted #2. I'm usually a pretty mild mannered guy, of course even I have my limits....and my kids push me to those limits on a regular basis. TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 02:06:10 AM »

I'd say moderate.  I say please and thank you, I try to hold doors open for people, and if somebody says "make yourself at home," I only take off my pants and start scratching myself on the couch if I'm wearing clean underwear.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 03:33:34 AM »

I value etiquette highly. What I believe it is is showing respect to other people. Etiquette, properly understood, is just showing that you care about other people enough not to be a complete ass. I understand you are a person like I am, and for that reason I will not p**s on your carpet.

That's just common courtesy.

At the same time, there are a billion other ridiculous rules that make no sense. "Table manners" are probably the worst offenders. I know I should use a napkin, and there are forks that are made for specific tasks. But it is apparently gauche to cut up your steak into small bits all at once so you can eventually eat them.

That sort of thing is garbage. Outmoded "this is how it's done!" crap.

At the same time, if you don't care enough about your friends not to fart at the dinner table, something went terribly wrong with your upbringing.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Manners And Etiquette « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.