Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:48:29 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Do you get accused of taking things to seriously? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you get accused of taking things to seriously?  (Read 10334 times)
66Crush
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »

This happend to me recently. A comedian sang a song by one of my favorite bands on TV. I didn't like it and I posted about it on a famous heavy metal mud slinging site. Thinking the metalheads would side with me, however, almost all of the posters told me I was taking it too seriously and took shots at my intelligence. I got even more crap about it when I commented on the You Tube clip. I guess I underestimated the popularity of this comedian. Am I really taking this too seriously or is it just unpopular to attack someone who is trendy? I understand everybody has an opinion, I'm just overwhelmed by the backlash I got from it.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »

I don't know that I have EVER been accused of taking anything too seriously.
But no one takes me seriously, either!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:33:21 AM »

Yes.  All the time.

I work in a field where attention to detail is the difference between being safe and getting someone injured or even killed.  A lot of people would rather just play it fast-and-loose and when I am a stickler about standards it makes them uncomfortable.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:40:19 AM »

Yup. I think a lot of people aren't taking a lot of things short of immediate threat to life and limb seriously enough, though.

Of course, my sense of humour is pretty dry and I prefer to deliver in a deadpan manner, so sometimes my jokes slip right by the some of the same people who accuse me of having no sense of humour. Even if I've made them laugh before.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:46:20 AM »

One the other site I go to, if someone asks for opinions on some popular video game that I didn't happen to like, I just give my thoughts on it and then NEVER look at the responses.  It's the same thing every time - some little twits who absolutely cannot tolerate (or even comprehend) the fact that someone would have a different opinion of some piece of entertainment.  I've head some of the most truly absurd attempts at argument imaginable.  Like, are these people even capable of putting more than 5 seconds worth of thought into something before they state it as fact?

Meh, whatever.   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 01:58:01 PM »

One the other site I go to, if someone asks for opinions on some popular video game that I didn't happen to like, I just give my thoughts on it and then NEVER look at the responses.  It's the same thing every time - some little twits who absolutely cannot tolerate (or even comprehend) the fact that someone would have a different opinion of some piece of entertainment.  I've head some of the most truly absurd attempts at argument imaginable.  Like, are these people even capable of putting more than 5 seconds worth of thought into something before they state it as fact?

Meh, whatever.   BounceGiggle

But don't you know? Your opinion is wrong! You clearly didn't understand how you felt when you played the game, so they (complete strangers) obviously have to set you straight on that matter!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »

^ LOL, it's like I just said their girlfriend was ugly or something   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »

I roll with the punches but if I'm involved with putting something together at work there can be no slacking off or f*cking around.  I'm the kind of guy who will snatch something out of someone's hands so I can do it myself.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »

In reality, no. Never. In fact, I've been accused of taking things too lightly.

Unless, of course, you mean on the web, where one can't possibly have a difference of opinion. I recall conversations online where I was told I can't possibly dislike Led Zeppelin. Because they're "the greatest band ever". Supposedly.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:13:35 PM »

too  too  too as in "also" but of course not meaning that:  too too too  as in "excessive" or "in addition..."  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Do you get accused of taking things to seriously? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.