Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:05:46 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, mom got hit by a car « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So, mom got hit by a car  (Read 4168 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »

Thank goodness she wasn't hurt any worse....and that her recovery is quick. As for that putz who hit her,well,I certainly hope they catch the person.
(((HUGS!!!)))

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »

So, she'll be home tonight.

I did find out a friend of mine passed away last night, though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Couchtr26

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 12:00:54 AM »

Sad to hear, Happy.  Hoping your friend passed peacefully and wishing you the best after losing a friend.  Is never good to lose someone especially a friend or relative.   

Ah, the good old days.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57:24 AM »

Sad to hear, Happy.  Hoping your friend passed peacefully and wishing you the best after losing a friend.  Is never good to lose someone especially a friend or relative.   
Sadly, I found out after posting this that my friend's death was ultimately her own doing.  She accidentally overdosed on some drugs.  The thing is, I talked to her the day she passed.  Found out she started using again, and asked if I could help her with anything, knowing she's just gotten out of rehab.  I've struggled with addiction over the years and learned if someone reaches out, take it.  Shame.  She was only 21.

Couchtr26

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »

Sadly, I found out after posting this that my friend's death was ultimately her own doing.  She accidentally overdosed on some drugs.  The thing is, I talked to her the day she passed.  Found out she started using again, and asked if I could help her with anything, knowing she's just gotten out of rehab.  I've struggled with addiction over the years and learned if someone reaches out, take it.  Shame.  She was only 21.

Sad to hear, very unfortunate way to go.  Wishing you the best, want to say more but words are eluding me at the moment.  Hoping that we don't hear of a similar fate for yourself or that if you are in the situation again you are able to intervene and the same result doesn't happen again.  Hoping she (your friend) is in a better place.  Not sure if you are religious.  I'm not deeply myself.  However, I like to think we all see something in the end that makes this time we spent here not a one shot and that things continue in one form or another.   

Ah, the good old days.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »

I've used with this girl in the past. I've been trying to sober up lately. She called me this week, to party. I declined, said I wasn't down to do that and wanted to get my head straight. I asked her if she relapsed, since she was in rehab lately. Wished her the best, and she passed the next day or so.

Wisened me up. Someone that close going for stuff I used to like to do. I'm going to the funeral Tuesday.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 06:52:21 AM »

All my love to your Ma ,Happy. I hope she'll be ok.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »

I've used with this girl in the past. I've been trying to sober up lately. She called me this week, to party. I declined, said I wasn't down to do that and wanted to get my head straight. I asked her if she relapsed, since she was in rehab lately. Wished her the best, and she passed the next day or so.

Wisened me up. Someone that close going for stuff I used to like to do. I'm going to the funeral Tuesday.

All good wishes, hugs and all the other good stuff to you, Happy.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »

So, mom's home.  Been sleeping a lot, due to the medication.  She's got a physical therapist checking in, making sure she can walk and such, has an appointment at the hospital this week to go over the x-rays and such, check on her bones.  Got a hold of the lady who ran her over, and a lawyer.  As of now, I don't think she's gonna sue, but the lawyer's going over everything, just in case.  Precautionary.  Figured it's not worth it, cause she'd likely only get $5,000, but after taxes and lawyer fees it wouldn't equate to much.  Although, she is quite cranky lately. 

As for the funeral tomorrow, ah.  I don't quite know if I can go.  I've been to far too many funerals for someone who's only 27.  Another one on my list.  I should at least stop by the church and such, to talk to my friend's sister.  Feel badly for her parents.  I couldn't imagine losing a kid.  Then again, she made her decisions.  It smartened me up, hopefully her other friends stop using as well.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, mom got hit by a car « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.