Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:41 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What's a favorite album by WHICH BAND?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: What's a favorite album by WHICH BAND??  (Read 33458 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »

THE STOOGES Fun House 

THE STOOGES had three albums, not counting bootlegs and later releases.  They're all excellent, but Fun House is their greatest achievement, and still stands as one of the toughest records ever produced.  It's probably my favorite ROCK record.

Crank it:
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_My_Nightmare

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 03:33:20 PM »

Discuss.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »

I've always been a little more than a moderate Led Zeppeling fan. I don't worship them, but I like them quite a bit. That's a band where it is extremely difficult to pick a favorite album, there are so many good ones. However, if pressed, I would say that Houses of the Holy represents a high-water mark just a hair or two above everything else in their body of work.

To me this album represented a period of time when Zep had arrived as rock and roll royalty, but were still inspired and completely relevant to that part of the 70's in which it was released. It contains arguably my absolute favorite Zep song, "The Song Remains the Same." Jimmy Page had truly arrived at this point in terms of great guitar production. The aforementioned track is so thick with multiple guitar dubs that, especially when listening on headphones, they seem to practically swirl around each other in very satisfying ways. It's just a hell of a great album from start to finish, with the exception of "D'yer Mak'er," which I've never cared for. But the rest of the album is so solid that it remains my "just barely" favorite in spite of that unfortunate track.
But, alas, it IS Led Zeppelin, so everybody is going to have a different favorite album, and good on them for it. It's pretty difficult to fault anybody for preferring Physical Graffiti, or really any of the first four that preceding Houses.
I meant to respond to this post, but neglected to.  I love LED ZEPPELIN and had all their albums on vinyl (even CODA and excepting the live album The Song Remains The Same).  Now, I have all on CD except those two and In Through The Out Door which I'm bound to pick up at some point.   Wink 
I rank Houses of the Holy below the first four (which is no denigration) my favorite being the first (I think I'll listen to it now...)
Good stuff.  Thumbup

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »

I've always been a little more than a moderate Led Zeppeling fan. I don't worship them, but I like them quite a bit. That's a band where it is extremely difficult to pick a favorite album, there are so many good ones. However, if pressed, I would say that Houses of the Holy represents a high-water mark just a hair or two above everything else in their body of work.

To me this album represented a period of time when Zep had arrived as rock and roll royalty, but were still inspired and completely relevant to that part of the 70's in which it was released. It contains arguably my absolute favorite Zep song, "The Song Remains the Same." Jimmy Page had truly arrived at this point in terms of great guitar production. The aforementioned track is so thick with multiple guitar dubs that, especially when listening on headphones, they seem to practically swirl around each other in very satisfying ways. It's just a hell of a great album from start to finish, with the exception of "D'yer Mak'er," which I've never cared for. But the rest of the album is so solid that it remains my "just barely" favorite in spite of that unfortunate track.
But, alas, it IS Led Zeppelin, so everybody is going to have a different favorite album, and good on them for it. It's pretty difficult to fault anybody for preferring Physical Graffiti, or really any of the first four that preceding Houses.
I meant to respond to this post, but neglected to.  I love LED ZEPPELIN and had all their albums on vinyl (even CODA and excepting the live album The Song Remains The Same).  Now, I have all on CD except those two and In Through The Out Door which I'm bound to pick up at some point.   Wink 
I rank Houses of the Holy below the first four (which is no denigration) my favorite being the first (I think I'll listen to it now...)
Good stuff.  Thumbup

Yeah, it's pretty much an impossibility to fault anybody for their Zep favorites. Although the first is not my favorite, Good Times Bad Times and Black Mountain Side remain among my favorite Zep tracks.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 11:26:43 PM »

...Yeah, it's pretty much an impossibility to fault anybody for their Zep favorites. Although the first is not my favorite, Good Times Bad Times and Black Mountain Side remain among my favorite Zep tracks.
"Black Mountain Side" is on the 4th album... right? 
No one can overlook the 4th album.  That must be LED ZEP's "greatest achievement" but though I love it still, it's not nearly as fresh as some of the others... prob'ly 'cause I played it so much... two vinyl copies, cassette and CD later.  It is a cornerstone record, with their strongest songs. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »

Got me goin. MIDNIGHT LIGHTNING.  Jimi was already dead-this came out. I bought it when I was 16. Im 49 now. Still gives me chills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-x_jsKXJI&feature=related

Cool.  I've long wanted another posthumous release, Crash Landing 'cause I like the cover.  I've never had a copy.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »

...Yeah, it's pretty much an impossibility to fault anybody for their Zep favorites. Although the first is not my favorite, Good Times Bad Times and Black Mountain Side remain among my favorite Zep tracks.
No one can overlook the 4th album.  That must be LED ZEP's "greatest achievement" but though I love it still, it's not nearly as fresh as some of the others... prob'ly 'cause I played it so much... two vinyl copies, cassette and CD later.  It is a cornerstone record, with their strongest songs. 

Track List:

Side one
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Good Times Bad Times"   John Bonham/John Paul Jones/Jimmy Page 2:47
2. "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"   Page/Robert Plant/Anne Bredon 6:41
3. "You Shook Me"   Willie Dixon/J. B. Lenoir 6:30
4. "Dazed and Confused"   Page (as listed in the song credits on the album) 6:27

Side two
1. "Your Time Is Gonna Come"   Jones/Page 4:34
2. "Black Mountain Side"   Page 2:13
3. "Communication Breakdown"   Bonham/Jones/Page 2:30
4. "I Can't Quit You Baby"   Dixon 4:43
5. "How Many More Times"   Bonham/Jones/Page 8:28

Perhaps you are thinking of "Black Dog?"

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »

or Misty Mountin Hop

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »

...Perhaps you are thinking of "Black Dog?"
Nah, just too lazy to look up the track listings.  I usually don't bother, and yup, it proves my brain is not infallible.   Wink

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »

Nah, just too lazy to look up the track listings.  I usually don't bother, and yup, it proves my brain is not infallible.   Wink

I've always granted you one fail per month. Your December fails are now used up.

TongueOut

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »

I've always granted you one fail per month. Your December fails are now used up.
 TongueOut
Thanks!  And you my friend may use as many fails for yourself as you need.   Smile

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »

Back in the day, the very first record album I ever bought myself (though not the first I owned) was ELTON JOHN Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player because the record I wanted wasn't in stock at the little hole-in-the-wall record store I frequented.  I wanted Honky ChateauELTON was my first favorite when I started buying records (though I loved lots of other artists before that)... I owned a number of his albums back in the day and liked them all, ironically I did not own Honky Chateau until not too many years ago.  It's the album that contains my favorite ELTON song "Honky Cat".  Well all these years later, it's my favorite of his.  
ELTON JOHN Honky Chateau  

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:58:04 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »

Track List:

Side one
1. "Good Times Bad Times"   John Bonham/John Paul Jones/Jimmy Page 2:47
2. "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"   Page/Robert Plant/Anne Bredon 6:41
3. "You Shook Me"   Willie Dixon/J. B. Lenoir 6:30
4. "Dazed and Confused"   Page (as listed in the song credits on the album) 6:27

Side two
1. "Your Time Is Gonna Come"   Jones/Page 4:34
2. "Black Mountain Side"   Page 2:13
3. "Communication Breakdown"   Bonham/Jones/Page 2:30
4. "I Can't Quit You Baby"   Dixon 4:43
5. "How Many More Times"   Bonham/Jones/Page 8:28

"I" is my favorite Zep too. The further they get away from the blues, the less I like them, although I did like them all the way up until the end.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »

Mexican Moon by Concrete Blonde.

I love all albums from Bloodletting to Mojave, its just the title track is my fave so I picked it.

The CD that made me realise I'm never gonna be a music fan.
Everyone like music, but not everyone is a music head. I am not, and I know this now. I have never felt as passionate about a band as I feel about them.

I simply love everything. I've listen to the b sides, the covers, spent hours going through youtube tying to see what I can listen too as they're not popular at all in the UK. I love Johnette Napolitano's voice and the earthiness of her songs. Never in my life have I enjoyed music like I have with this band, and I fear never again.

Small | Large

Small | Large

So utterly wonderful.  Smile
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:15:38 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What's a favorite album by WHICH BAND?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.