Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:11 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What would you guys say if I told you..... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would you guys say if I told you.....  (Read 6359 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 01:48:05 AM »

Well, if you think you can do better, go for it. As long as you have some idea what you'd rather be doing and how to get there, it sounds like a good idea.

Thanks AndyC: right now, I would really like to get my life back. As I said, I'm tired and it has been a long road.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »

What ever you do, make sure it makes you happy and remember that money alone isn't what makes a job satisfying. 

Especially remember that what ever you do you'll always have lots of support here. 

Thanks Trek: I've always said that I would do my job for free if I could, so while I would get a good payout if I left, money is not the issue here at all. Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 01:57:19 AM »

Go with what your heart tells you.  But I do think you have a really cool job!  I can't imagine 23 years in the same job.  My dad worked for the same company for something like 35 years.  I am quite different.  I have switched jobs 8 times over the past 20 years (although, I have been with the same company for 8 1/2 years, except for a short stint when I left for a few months, then came back).  I suspect I'll stay here for awhile.  Anyway, good luck and I'm sure you will be successful no matter what you pursue in life.

Thanks Burgo: the hassle is that if I decide to leave and then do, I can't ever come back here if I one day snap to and realize that I've made a mistake.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 02:00:09 AM »

Any hints for us as to the new job?

Thanks, Raffine: I have applied for one post at a place which is looking for an archivist, so I hope I'll be called in for an interrogation.... ermm, interview soon.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 02:03:57 AM »

Well, if there's going to be big change in your life, it's best to make the change happen than let it happen TO you. Changes that happen to people tend to be bad. Changes that one initiates for oneself usually results in some kind of growth. Not necessarily financial, but personal for sure.

Thanks, Flick. I need to see if there is something out there for me and I do need my life back.  TeddyR

p.s. sooner or later Indy is going to post and tell you to take up arrowhead hunting. I just know it.

TeddyR TeddyR No problem with that.  Thumbup

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 02:05:49 AM »

I can envision Trevor living on a yacht, surrounded by friends, calling himself "The Most Interesting Man in the World."  Sorry, Flick James . . .

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

My payout if I leave will be quite a lot, but it won't run to a yacht. A rowboat, maybe....  Buggedout Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »

Damn, you all beat me to the good advice. Swines!  TeddyR

Trevor, I'd move on to something new if you've become jaded with your current job and want a fresh challenge. The good thing is, that you are already employed and have barrel loads of experience so you can be choosy until the right position becomes available and you can weigh up all the options.

Love & luck buddy.  Thumbup

Thanks, Circus: I haven't become jaded as such ~ Aerosmith haven't called me yet  Wink ~ but the work I do presents no more challenges to me. In fact, the only challenge this year that I had was going to film school and I enjoyed it.  Thumbup

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 02:10:59 AM »

When you spend more time looking back at what you have accomplished than looking forward to what you can accomplish, it's time to move on.

Thanks Indy: that's described me to a T right now.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »

I can't say anything everyone has already said, I don't think.  But I'll throw in my 2 cents nevertheless.

I got burnt out on a job after 10 years.  I can't imagine being on one for 17 unless you're REALLY, REALLY comfortable.  Fortunately, I feel the job I have now just might be that.

If you really feel emotionally and physically drained from your job, it is probably time to move on.  But as the sage advice goes, make sure you have another job in the wings before you leave.  Though if you do find another place of employment, tell the new job you need a week to leave the old one, and actually leave the old one a bit early, to give yourself a few extra days off between jobs.  My last job was pretty draining; I worked at a busy beverage warehouse and killed myself trying to fill my orders in the (rather anal) time given.  The harder/faster I worked, the more I got to help other people finish THEIR orders.  Not worth it!  Once I got my current hospital job lined up, I told the hospital I could go to orientation in a week, and told the warehouse job 3 days, giving myself some time off to relax, which I desperately needed.

Hope this advice helps, if it hasn't been already given by others.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »

If you can do it without getting into financial hardship, sure. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »

I can envision Trevor living on a yacht, surrounded by friends, calling himself "The Most Interesting Man in the World."  Sorry, Flick James . . .

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

My payout if I leave will be quite a lot, but it won't run to a yacht. A rowboat, maybe....  Buggedout Wink

What would I say: "Not a rowboat, but an yacht, Trevor. After all your hard work, you deserve an yacht. A yacht crewed by the most beautiful women of South Africa. So, you'll always have someone to handwash your stinky undies."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What would you guys say if I told you..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.