Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:12:53 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Toys of all time « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Toys of all time  (Read 2208 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 01, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/01/the-5-best-toys-of-all-time/all/1

Its sort of tongue in cheek, but I do agree.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »

I like this link.  I'm stealing it for my own nefarious purposes.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »

Good stuff.

I love catching young children using their imagination. It reminds me of a time when I was a young teenager, and I was hanging out by the pool with my younger step-brother a couple of his friends, they must have been 8 or so. They were playing as if one of them needed to be rescued and the other two were rescuing him from the water. There was a regular old green garden hose by the pool, and out of the blue I hear my step-brother shout "quick, grab the rope." I looked up and was simply so amused by the enthusiastic play and the use of imagination in pretending a garden hose was a rope to be used in "saving" their friend that I laughed.

My step-brother flashed me this nervous grin, as if he were slightly embarassed at being "caught," so to speak, in the act of using his imagination, but I wasn't making fun of him, not in the slightest. It was just one of those moments where I was a young teenager who had grown away from the type of imaginitive play that such an age carries with it, but wasn't that far away from it, and it was more appreciative than anything else.

That article just reminded me of that moment, and my own pre-pubescent youth, a world in which a tennis raquet could instantly become an electric guitar and transform me into Ace Frehley, or a trash can lid and a whiffle bat could turn me into a knight on a quest, or a couple of garden hoses could be placed side by side and become a roller coaster for marbles.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »

The box one is so true.  When I was a kid I remember my parents buying new appliances like refrigerators and washing machines and my sister and I thought it was the GREATEST THING when my parents cut doors and windows out of the appliance boxes and made houses out of them for us to play in.  Give a kid something like that now and he'll tell you to go screw yourself.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »

When I'm at the daycare I try and stay out of sight to see my kids in the wild.  They always amaze me at the imagination they show.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:25:43 AM »

When I'm at the daycare I try and stay out of sight to see my kids in the wild.  They always amaze me at the imagination they show.

I was keeping an eye on my special niece and nephew a few months back and they were playing on the exercise bars and swings, so I decided to haul my bum onto the slide. Their mom came running, saw me on the slide and called to her daughter "Look, look! Uncle Trevor's on the slide!" Her daughter looked at me and then at her mom and said "So, he's on the slide? Big deal."  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »

This is all so true....when we were all kids we could play for hours using all of those. Of course,we would get in trouble for leaving so many mud pies on the front porch to "bake". TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Toys of all time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.