Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:36 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL (2011)  (Read 12789 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: December 04, 2011, 01:17:15 AM »

There are very few good horror/comedy films, but when they do come along, they can be really hilarious!  I had seen a preview to this one and thought it might be decent, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it was way more than decent - it was darn hilarious!

All of you know how much I like a good Cannibal Mutant Hillbilly kind of film. WRONG TURN, THE HILLS HAVE EYES, you name it, I'm on board for all of them, old ones or remakes, doesn't really matter to me.

In this case, a group of stereotypical college kids are off to the mountains of West Virginia for a camping trip when they draw the attention of two rather ominous looking hillbilly types named Dale and Tucker.  Thing is, Dale and Tucker are both just plain nice guys.  Neither one very bright, but good-natured and friendly.  Tucker, who is tall, bearded, and heavyset, tries to talk to one of the girls, a stunning blonde named Alison.  Except he forgets to put down the sickle he's carrying, and then stumbles over his words and tries to cover his awkwardness with a laugh - but comes across looking and sounding like a refugee from DELIVERANCE.

The kids take off, but that night as they are swimming, Alison is about to dive in when she spots Dale and Tucker fishing and is startled into falling off the rock and hitting her head.  They manage to rescue her, and shout to the other kids: "We have your friend!" in an attempt to get them to come and help.  The college kids think it's a taunt instead, and freak out and run away.  So the comedy of errors begins, and ends with an incredible amount of accidental bloodshed (death by random branch, wood chipper, self inflicted spear wound, nails in the head, and - well, you get the idea.  Poor Dale and Tucker were just trying to help, dadgummit!

This is a really amusing little flick; check it out if you get the chance!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:11:34 AM by indianasmith » Logged

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 03:21:50 AM »

Yeah, this one has been getting lots of praise. I should check it out before the urge is killed by hype.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:39 AM »

I laughed my ass off at the trailer, but I have to say that it pretty much kills off any sense of mystery in the trailer as it pretty much includes all the kills.  Alan Tudyk is a favourite of mine [one of the only shining lights in Transformers 3] and I look forward to checking this out.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »

It's currently sitting in a huge stack of DVDs I have.  I've heard good things and I'm looking forward to it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »

Looks like a hoot, and besides, several people whose opinions I respect have told me that I "absolutely HAVE" to see "Tucker and Dale." I'm just waiting for it to turn up on RedBox.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:16:21 AM »

The trailer was pretty funny, so I have hopes for this one. Both Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk are good unrecognized actors, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »

A friend of mine saw this and gave it high marks too. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:19 AM »

Just watched it and WOW!! I really enjoyed it. Its a great idea and carried out extremely well. Why it went straight to DVD i will never know.

claws
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 07:22:02 AM »

Just watched it and WOW!! I really enjoyed it. Its a great idea and carried out extremely well. Why it went straight to DVD i will never know.

It had a theatrical run in nine countries (including the U.K.) and a limited release in the U.S.
Worldwide gross: $4,216,827    
Not too shabby I guess.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »

Wow, must have just passed me by.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 01:47:07 PM »

Looks like a hoot, and besides, several people whose opinions I respect have told me that I "absolutely HAVE" to see "Tucker and Dale." I'm just waiting for it to turn up on RedBox.

I couldn't take it anymore, I've been keeping an eye out for this flick on RedBox's web site under "Coming Soon" and not having any luck so for the hell of it I posted on the RedBox Facebook page "So when the hell is Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil coming to RedBox? Come ON people, I'm DYIN' to see this movie!" -- imagine my surprise when only a few minutes later they replied to my post saying it'll be available from them in February. I guess I can wait that long.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
ChaosTheory

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »

It had a theatrical run in nine countries (including the U.K.) and a limited release in the U.S.
Not too shabby I guess.

I also didn't realize this had had a theatrical run.  I live in a flyover zone so I don't get to catch movies like this until they're on dvd release and my local movie rental store didn't carry it either.  I finally broke down & blind-bought it. It was worth it!  Really funny and well-done.  I was impressed with Labine's performance too, I really wanted Dale to get the girl and that doesn't happen too often with horror movies (or comedies either, for that matter).

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »

I just watched it today.  There are quite a few laughs in it.  It's not a movie that I would watch again or purchase, but it was a fun one nonetheless, and a good idea for a horror comedy.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 09:55:08 AM »

I watched this one yesterday. It's been released on Netflix now. Very enjoyable. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Indy!  Thumbup

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Jim H

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

Not too shabby I guess.

I also didn't realize this had had a theatrical run.  I live in a flyover zone so I don't get to catch movies like this until they're on dvd release and my local movie rental store didn't carry it either.  I finally broke down & blind-bought it. It was worth it!  Really funny and well-done.  I was impressed with Labine's performance too, I really wanted Dale to get the girl and that doesn't happen too often with horror movies (or comedies either, for that matter).

It played for ONE DAY here in St. Louis, one screening in fact, which I couldn't make because of work  >_<

I saw this a while ago.  It's fun, with a great central idea.  I did feel it kind of ran out of steam in the last third, though it still had a satisfying conclusion and is worth seeing.  If you haven't seen it yet, try to avoid the trailer, as it wrecks a bunch of the gags. 

7/10.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.