Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:51:07 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If I may, an RIP for the non-headliners « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If I may, an RIP for the non-headliners  (Read 2413 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: December 07, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »

The famous (or at least 'known') get their RIP threads here at BMDO, and rightfully so, such as today's sad news about Harry Morgan.

Raise a glass to Mr. Morgan; wish him luck on his journey.  As you do, please raise a glass to Phil, also.  I learned today that Phil has passed away.

Though we never met in person, I consider myself lucky to 'know' Phil, even if only through the Internet medium.  Alone, Phil sailed his 28 foot Pearson Triton from Maryland to Portugal, back across the Atlantic to the Gulf.

So, I ask as we remember Harry Morgan, we take a moment to also remember Phil and the countless others who pass who won't get their names in headlines or Internet threads about them.  Though I don't always comment, I'm always very touched when a member here posts about loss.

Peace and Blessings to all who are remembering lost loved ones and friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

You may want to add Alan Sues,of Laugh- In fame to the list.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0837297/#Actor

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

Though we never met in person, I consider myself lucky to 'know' Phil, even if only through the Internet medium.  Alone, Phil sailed his 28 foot Pearson Triton from Maryland to Portugal, back across the Atlantic to the Gulf.

So, I ask as we remember Harry Morgan, we take a moment to also remember Phil and the countless others who pass who won't get their names in headlines or Internet threads about them.  Though I don't always comment, I'm always very touched when a member here posts about loss.

Peace and Blessings to all who are remembering lost loved ones and friends.

Well said, sir.  There are a lot of great people I only know from online, and it saddens me that I will probably never get to meet them before one of us passes on.  I take comfort in having the opportunity to know them at all.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »

A good point. Good on yer, mate.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »

Ah...good old Harry Morgan. One of my favorite character actors. Well known for his role as Col.ShermanT.Potter as well as Bill Gannon on Dragnet.

One of the roles I really enjoyed was in Disney's The Apple Dumpling Gang...
  Rest in Peace,dear Harry....I will miss you.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:02:24 PM by tracy1963 » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »

A friend of mine died suddenly at the young age of 56 in early October.  I'll be going to a memorial Sunday for him.  Lloyd was funny, smart and generous.  I loved that guy. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »

I have one.

I heard just last night that an old friend passed on Tuesday of this week.  He was 66 years young.  His name was Nick.  In the grand scheme of things he was nobody at all.  Nick would never be considered a 'successful' man by modern material standards; far from it.  He eked out a living as a sales rep, for years lived in a trailer on a horsefarm in exchange for caretaker duties, and was perennially broke.

But you know what?  Nick loved life.  No matter what life threw at him he was always cheerful, always had a positive outlook and an uplifting comment to make.  His smile and jokes lit up many a gloomy day.  He was always broke in part because he was always generous: with his material resources as well as his efforts and his enormous heart.  Nick did not hold back.  He treated everyone as a dear friend: you always felt he was genuinely glad to see you. It was impossible to stay angry with him: he simply never meant to offend, the rare times that he did.  He had two great kids who are now adults to be proud of and touched a lot of lives in a very positive way just by being Nick.  Everybody who knew him liked him.  Every one.  A lot.  Many loved him.  And that's a great deal more 'success' than most people can hope to claim in a lifetime.

Nick, you are gone too soon and are already missed.  May we all learn from your example and be so lucky as to be even half as succesful as you were at what really matters in life.   Cheers

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If I may, an RIP for the non-headliners « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.