Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:33:50 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE MAD BOMBER (1973) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE MAD BOMBER (1973)  (Read 3375 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 08, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »

Before I mention anything about the plot of this low-budget exploitation movie, let me give you a glimpse of the cast and director:

Cast:

Chuck ("The Rifleman") Connors - The Mad Bomber!
Neville Brand - A rapist who watches home-movies of his naked wife while he masturbates!
Vince ("Ben Casey") Edwards - A police detective determined to apprehend the bomber!

Director:

Bert I. Gordon - The man responsible for THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN and other cheesy classics!

Chuck Connors really hams it up as the Mad Bomber, a guy running around Los Angeles planting paper bags full of dynamite in various places.  (He's punishing the evil members of society for the death of his drug-addicted daughter).  Neville Brand, while raping a woman, gets a look at the Bomber's face just before he plants some explosives.  So the police haul Brand in for questioning.  This leads to the funniest scene in the movie.  They ask Brand to try to reconstruct the Bomber's face using one of those kits that has various facial features (eyes, noses, hair styles, etc.) drawn on transparent pieces of plastic.  By laying the various features on top of one another, the police create an image of the Bomber's face.  At first, they lay out a series of generic features that sort of resemble Chuck Connors.  But eventually, these features take on the exact appearance of Connors' face . . . even his very distinctive hair style.  Neville Brand points at the image and says, "That's him!"  Hilarious.

I have the uncut version of this movie, which features several nude scenes and ***SPOILER ALERT*** I'm about to reveal the ending.  Scroll down below the YouTube clip for the amazing ending of this movie!

Small | Large

SPOILER:  At the end, Connors is lying in the street with several sticks of dynamite attached to a timer just a few feet away.  As he reaches for the dynamite, it explodes blowing pieces of Connors all over the street.  When the smoke clears, his decapitated corpse covered with bloody, burnt clothing with pieces of skin hanging out are all that remain.  A surprisingly gory ending.  Poor Chuck!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:44 AM »

the mad bomber is a great movie to watch. i always find things in the movie to chuckle about

the creepy cassette chuck listens to of his daughter singing
chuck always messing with the glasses he's wearing
how geronamo(vince edwards) doesn't care about ANYthing except catching the mad bomber(not even his divorce)
the cheese-looking sidecar on chuck conners's stolen motorcycle(especially when it explodes)

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:36:27 AM »

I have this on vhs.
It's cool how Chuck's carrer went from good guy hero to doing psychos. Such as this and the amazing TOURIST TRAP (1979)Sad that he ended up in drek like SKINHEADS (1979).
Of course Neville Brand always played a scumbag-going all the way back to D.O.A. (1950).His tour de force being EATEN ALIVE (1977).
Very under rated little movie.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE MAD BOMBER (1973) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.