Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:39:27 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Christan Bale done playing Batman « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Christan Bale done playing Batman  (Read 29537 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

For the people that didn't like Batman Begins and the Dark Knight; I wonder what superhero films you did like.  I have a feeling it will be Green latern or fantastic four movies.
Most of the previous Batman movies, all of the Spider-men and X-men movies, Blade 1 and 2, Ninja Turtles 1 and 2, Punisher, The Mask, all of the old Superman movies, Ghostrider, Thor, Captain America, both Ironmans, and a few other I can't think of right now.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »

For the people that didn't like Batman Begins and the Dark Knight; I wonder what superhero films you did like.  I have a feeling it will be Green latern or fantastic four movies.

In general I don't care for comic book movies. I never have. Occasionally one will come along that I like, but mostly I think they are crap movies that studios make because they are easily marketable and will almost universally make money no matter how bad they are. In the last few years, they have taken on the added annoyance of being a springboard vehicle for up-and-coming, questionably talented "hunks" that the studios are trying to groom for superstardom.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »

Mask of the Phantasm, Return of the Joker, Under the Red Hood, Return of Black Adam, The Batman vs. Dracula, Crisis on Two Earths, Planet Hulk ... oh, did you mean "real" movies?

Superman IV, the 1989 Batman, the 2008 Incredible Hulk, the Dolph Lundgren Punisher and ... that's about it.  X-Men 2 and X-Men First Class were all right.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 10:55:05 PM »

Amongst others...you know, because superhero films didn't just arrive 10 years ago

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 02:44:57 AM »

Adam West will always be the true Batman!  In terms of live actors, he's still the best by far IMO. After that, only the animated films and TV shows have come close to really capturing Batman, then the Burton films, then Schumacher and then your more modern ones in which Batman is more like Iron Man than Batman....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 03:42:19 AM »

Ok since I've been a little vague I'll add this although I've probably blabbed about this in the past in other threads:

I liked Batman Begins, I really did.  There was something there that worked and worked well as an origin story.  Bale was tolerable to me in that one because it was mostly about Bruce Wayne which he can pull off as an actor.  However, as Batman the train goes off the tracks when he brings out that ridiculous growl.  

The Dark Knight, as I poked fun at Mofo earlier in the thread, suffers from The Phantom Menace syndrome or at least it does for me and I think many other folks.  You go in expecting the world and you walk away trying to convince yourself you received it.  However, it simply failed on all levels.  Story wise it was a choppy mess.  Yes I get the underlying theme of "how far must you go to stay the hero" which I'm cool with.  That and what makes a hero.  However as a viewer, I want to know how far the film will go to entertain me which frankly, it didn't.  It has no rewatch value for me personally.  It was actually painful the second time around and I mean painful.

Harvey Dent should have simply been a background character but gets thrust into the mix way too much.  Ledger was par for Mr. J but I really don't think it was as epic as people made it out to be.  Especially Oscar winning, no offense to the deceased of course.  

But... I thought we were friends.

Actually, most of the things you mentioned didn't work for you I thought were the strongest points of the movie. I think the movie is very tightly constructed, in that there is almost nothing mentioned in the movie that does not come up later and serve as an important plot point later on. Harvey Dent/Two-Face is the very sole of the movie, his downfall is the entire point.

The Dark Knight, to me, is a phenomenal film. There is a very human story being told in a big-budget action film, and it's the best Batman movie ever made. Well, outside of
Batman: Dead End Small | Large

I think the film is brilliant and very, very good. Obviously there is a difference of opinion here, but I don't care. I loved the hell out of The Dark Knight and if you disagree, well, I still don't care.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »

But... I thought we were friends.
Oh but we are Mofo hence why we are discussing this with a civil yet underlying wiseassary tone. 

I think the film is brilliant and very, very good. Obviously there is a difference of opinion here, but I don't care. I loved the hell out of The Dark Knight and if you disagree, well, I still don't care.
Thus the basis of all film debates.  Actually, all debates come to think of it? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 01:21:15 AM »

Most of the previous Batman movies, all of the Spider-men and X-men movies, Blade 1 and 2, Ninja Turtles 1 and 2, Punisher, The Mask, all of the old Superman movies, Ghostrider, Thor, Captain America, both Ironmans, and a few other I can't think of right now.

wow, it seems you like them all, except ninja turtles 3 and christan bale's batman.

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »

In general I don't care for comic book movies. I never have. Occasionally one will come along that I like, but mostly I think they are crap movies that studios make because they are easily marketable and will almost universally make money no matter how bad they are. In the last few years, they have taken on the added annoyance of being a springboard vehicle for up-and-coming, questionably talented "hunks" that the studios are trying to groom for superstardom.

there you go.  If you don't like superhero movies then no batman movie will do it for you. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Christan Bale done playing Batman « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.