Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:32:53 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie scenes that scared or disturbed you as a kid? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Movie scenes that scared or disturbed you as a kid?  (Read 14934 times)
Francesco Dellamorte
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 01:51:24 AM »

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 - Choptop bashing R.H's skull with a hammer

Waxwork - the girl feeds the midget to the man eating plant

The Dark Backward - Bill Paxton licking a corpse

The Gate - the kid stabbing the eyeball that is the palm of his hand with broken glass

Cannibal Holocaust - machete to monkey head

There was some movie where this old lady sewed young girls mouths closed

Little Shop of Horrors - Rick Moranis chopping up Steve Martin and feeding him to that plant (i hate plants)

Garbage Pail Kids - when that thing bites the guys toes off

I dunno... I saw alot more I shouldn't have
rose42
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »

i don't know if there was a specific part but the first the first Gremlins movies completely horrified me as a kid.
Deathfeast
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »

The segment " They're creeping up on you" from Creepshow. I scream like a girl when I see a large roach now because I had a similiar experience with roaches one time.
claws
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »

Leatherface chasing Sally with a chainsaw in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974). I was sweating bullets.
Said scene was topped by the dinner table sequence. The insane intensity of it all, and the close up of Sally's eyeball scared me more than anything.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »

HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM- The spikes coming out of the binoculars.

THE HYPNOTIC EYE-The model catching her hair on fire on the stove burner.

GIANT BEHEMOTH- The doll floating all by itself after the monster sinks the ferry.

QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE- The Queen's face, when her mask is pulled off.

CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN- When the monster breaks the man's back.

FIEND WITHOUT A FACE- When the guy comes back to the cabin with half his brain gone.

HORROR OF DRACULA- That close-up of Christopher Lee, bloodshot eyes bulging, blood dripping from his fangs-I jumped back into the next row.

20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA- The squid, natch....and I was fifteen.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 01:31:26 AM »

Zelda in Pet Sematary.

Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pilgermann

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 03:09:18 AM »

Noooooooooooooooooooo...!

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »

My friends and I were all freaked out by Zelda, and we were about 18 when that movie came out.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Vik
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 03:57:22 PM »

I watched Sleepy Hollow when I was 8 and it scared the hell out of me. I didn't have nightmares or anything (I never have nightmares) but for the next few days I was scared to walk around alone in my house. All family members pretending they had no head afterwards didn't particularely help either.
Besides that there were films that scared me while I was watching them but nothing that really had any after effects of any kind. Not that I recall anyways.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »

The voice of the computer in "2001-A Space Odyssey" creeped me out no end....not a specific scene but I used to occassionally hear that voice in dreams...yikes!

The scene in Disney's "Song of the South" where the little boy got hurt by the bull...never watched it a second time.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »

Alice in Wonderland (1985) the TV-movie used to creep me out big time! The part with the Jabberwockey monster used to give me dead set nightmares for months on end.

Small | Large

Abby Arcane: Is there a Mrs. Swamp Thing?
Swamp Thing: No, I'm a bachelor.
CarlinBrock
Dedicated Viewer

"The gleam!"

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Little Monsters. The face-melting scene made me hide behind the couch. Any couch I could find. Goodness, that movie was freaky.

The Video Basement - Life Lessons from Bad Movies
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »

I think I was like 14 or 15 when I first saw the gouged eyes being carried in Blue Eyes Of The Broken Doll.  That was my first experience of gouged eyes and it really, really got me freaked out for many years.

Also, a couple scenes in Creepshow got to me: the Crate monster either slashing or chewing out a hole in the student's neck, and the cockroaches emerging from Pratt's chest.  Oh, and also the head on the birthday cake.  Nowadays, of course, it's all good, gory fun.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
66Crush
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 11:21:44 PM »

The kid floating through the window in Salems Lot. The TV trailer for Suspiria, where the skull has the woman's hair on it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

One more from BLUE EYES OF THE BROKEN DOLL/HOUSE OF PSYCHOTIC WOMEN was the ending where the girl's corpse is shown close-up with maggots in her empty eye sockets.  Oh God, yuck!

Also, in another eye-related scene, I squirmed when Michael Myers injected the hypodermic needle into the nurse's eyeball in Halloween II.. then looks at the her corpse on the floor in admiration of his handiwork!  This was shortly after the nurse discovers the body of a doctor with a needle right through the pupil!  Gyuhh!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie scenes that scared or disturbed you as a kid? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.