Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:04:38 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie scenes that scared or disturbed you as a kid? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Movie scenes that scared or disturbed you as a kid?  (Read 14937 times)
Pacman000
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »

The giant, singing, venus fly-trap from the remake of The Little Shop of Horrors scared me.

I couldn't go near a plant for weeks.
MEWtube
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »

I have two that really freaked me out. When I was little the critters scene where they're in the guys Easter Bunny suit really freaked me out. The worst one I didn't remember until a few years ago where I actually had like a panic attack seeing where my long time fear came from for the first time since childhood. It was in Phantasm II or III I can't remember now (of course). It was the part where the Tall Man's hand gets cut off and turns into a crazy creature thing then climbs up that guys pantleg to his groin. UGH! SO HORRIBLE!

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
tahrgat
The Black Swordsman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »

The very end of Prince of Darkness... Yeah, I wouldn't go near a mirror for the following year.

My current project: The Dead Are Watching
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:59 AM »

I had a tough stomach, so even the goriest, most creepy horror films never really scared me, although in T2 Sarah burning with her skeleton revealed at the end of her dream where the world is coming to an end, used to freak me out a bit. Just the way the blast dismantled everything from her skin to her voice box, then you get this frightful visual of the bare skeleton clinging onto the fence.

Small | Large

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »

I was 7 when my mom dropped me and my sisters off at the Joy Theater to watch Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978).  Not appropriate for kids!  One scene that really got me was when the hairs on the guy in the mud bath reached out to grab Donald Sutherland's arm!  Other creepy scenes were the dart in the guy's neck, and the part where Donald has to bury a hoe in Jeff Goldblum's face.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »

The death Of Johny Depps Charector in the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie (Also Johny Depps first movie) I still to this day, have no idea how Freddy killed him to make his blood and guts liqufy and then fountain up from his bed to drench the room... Seriously I may not want to know. That whole movie gave me insomnia thought xD

Also disney movies were creepy... That is walt Disney for you... This may not be a movie, but when my dad brought back a stuffed toy off the Chessie cat from disney land. I Regreted having the Name Alice, Cause it's... staring at me at night, made me fear it was trying to eat my soul >_< dad had to keep it at his office.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 05:23:15 AM »

I love the stuff that scared the hell out of me as a kid. Sure at the time it caused some psychological scars, but, eh, childhood is rough all over.

One memory I have is, I believe, from the movie Wired to Kill. It's an '80s movie about a nerdy kid who takes his revenge on some thugs. I really don't remember too much about it. However, there is one scene where the nerdy kid dismantles a battery and makes a white powder of its contents. Presumably it was battery acid, because that was a term that everybody knows and don't bother knowing the actual chemistry of batteries.

Anyway, the kid manages to trick one of the thugs into snorting it like cocaine. The next scene was the thug dead with white foam streaming from his mouth and nostrils. Scared/disturbed the living bejeesus out of me. I was so wound up about it that when several years later my cousin took apart a D battery to see what was inside it, I freaked out. Such was the scenes etching into my brain.

I gather the movie isn't in print now. I'd love to see it again, if only to see what my young brain was so freaked out about.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 06:08:12 AM »

Mofo - Amazon has it on VHS.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:21 AM »

Mofo - Amazon has it on VHS.

Maybe "love to see it again" were words too strong. I'd like to see it again, but not enough to pay for the privilege.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

The hanging skinned bodies in Predator

When the face of the Predator is revealed.

The vampire kid scenes in Salem's Lot and Black Sabbath

The computer merging with the woman in Superman III

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »

Saw this probably on public television... I was very young:
Small | Large

It took me a very long time to figure out that it's KEN RUSSELL's ISADORA DUNCAN: THE BIGGEST DANCER IN THE WORLD.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
molokai cargo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »

Have to echo the Salems Lot vampire kid plus the vampire himself. For a made for TV series it scared the hell out of me
akiratubo

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »

The part at the end of Gremlins when the Dad says, "You might have a Gremlin in your house."  The movie had terrified the crap out of me as it was but that just pushed it straight over the edge.  I actually started screaming, "NO!  NOOOOO!" and Mom and Dad had to take me out of the theater.  I made poor Dad thoroughly check the house before I'd go to bed for at least a week.

Also, the part in Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Judge Doom murders the shoe by dunking it in the dip bothered the hell out of me.  To this day, I skip that part whenever I watch the movie.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 10:19:39 PM »

I had to get in on this because there are a couple of things that really freaked me out in movie terms as a youth.

Someone mentioned 2001: A Space Odyssey before, and I could handle the movie well, except for the very last scene where the Star Child sloooowly turns to look at the audience as "Thus Spake Zarathustra" blasts out full volume behind him.  FREE-KEE.  To this day, I'll watch the whole movie EXCEPT for the very end.

And this is kinda movie-related so forgive me if I'm out of bounds here.  1978.  The movie Magic.  Fats the ventriloquist dummy.  THAT TV AD.  Children of the Seventies, you know the exact one that I mean, don't you?  That is the most horrifying 30 seconds I have ever experienced as a youth in my life.  And if you don't know what I'm talking about, forget about me posting that horrific thing in THIS thread!  You just go and Google "Magic 1978 TV ad" yourself.. but don't blame me for any nightmares you suffer afterwards!

- TGWD

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »

Small | Large

That floating head was scary as s**t to me.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie scenes that scared or disturbed you as a kid? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.