Main Menu

This year blows

Started by HappyGilmore, December 14, 2011, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGilmore

So, some more bad news. About two weeks ago, while handling stuff with my mom's car accident, I recieved news of a friend's death.

Just found out a close friend of twenty years was needlessly gunned down to death this morning. This is around the fifth person I've known to pass this year.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

HappyGilmore

Plus, lost so many hours at work I'm below water financially. Working just to stay in debt.

ulthar

Sorry to hear of your loss.

We all seem to have years like that...you think the 'badness' will never end.  Here's to hoping you have a better year in 2012.

You will remain in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you may find some peace.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius

Psycho Circus

Yeah, just try and keep your chin up Happy and I hope 2012 is a much better year for you.

Flangepart

My thoughts for you, guy. Stay strong for those who know you.
"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"

Cthulhu

I'm sorry to hear that. But you just got to keep going. Things sure do suck now, but you'll get over them in time.

JaseSF

Sometimes life seems to like to kick us while we're down it's true but the others are right, you have to try and be strong for yourself and others and hope for better days ahead.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

The Gravekeeper

All you can do is just hang in there and look after yourself and the people you care about. Don't forget that you have friends here, though; we're here for you if you need us. Things will get better if you don't give up.

bob

Hang in there man, may 2012 be much better for you.
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Couchtr26

Here's to hoping for a better 2012.

I'm sorry to hear about another loss.  It seems that this one is even more needless.  I'm sorry to hear and wishing you the best in dealing with it and having strength to get through.  I'm also sorry to hear of so many this year.

We all have bad times.  Things will come around, it is sadly that period before when we seem to see things bleakly that is unfortunate.  However, it tends to strengthen our resolve and we work to get to that position we need to be in that much harder.  You will be there, time is the only variable.  Hopefully, it will be shorter then expected.
Ah, the good old days.

HappyGilmore

Everyone has bad times, and I agree with that statement.

I think the lowest moment was my dad (who abandoned me when I was 3 years old), informing me that my grandfather had died, and that I wasn't 'allowed' to be there.  Then having the gall to see if he could borrow a few bucks.

Past few months have been tough.  I'm not rich, but don't need a lot of possesions.  I get by with what I have: a bedroom, a tv and radio and a playstation.

However, the recent deaths throughout the year...can't do it.  Looking like a potential relapse is on the way.

tracy

My thoughts and prayers are with you,honey.... :wink:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

ulthar

Quote from: HappyGilmore on December 16, 2011, 10:11:50 AM

However, the recent deaths throughout the year...can't do it.  Looking like a potential relapse is on the way.

You CAN do it.  A relapse is not necessary.  To be blunt...that's a choice you make.  No outside force is making you walk that path.

Things suck right now, yes.  These are the times that test our character, that test who we choose to be.

You have suffered great loss; any ONE of those things would test any of us, and you have it heaped in doses.  But, as stated above, you are NOT alone and you DO have support.  You have shoulders to lean on and friends who care....not just for as you as a faceless avatar on a movie forum, but as a person we've gotten to know over the years.

This is your personal challenge...to show yourself that you CAN cope with TREMENDOUS loss, tremendous pressure...without relapsing.  You DO have the inner strength to face these times...on your own courage alone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius

Rev. Powell

Quote from: ulthar on December 16, 2011, 02:17:05 PM
Quote from: HappyGilmore on December 16, 2011, 10:11:50 AM

You CAN do it.  A relapse is not necessary.  To be blunt...that's a choice you make.  No outside force is making you walk that path.

Things suck right now, yes.  These are the times that test our character, that test who we choose to be.

You have suffered great loss; any ONE of those things would test any of us, and you have it heaped in doses.  But, as stated above, you are NOT alone and you DO have support.  You have shoulders to lean on and friends who care....not just for as you as a faceless avatar on a movie forum, but as a person we've gotten to know over the years.

This is your personal challenge...to show yourself that you CAN cope with TREMENDOUS loss, tremendous pressure...without relapsing.  You DO have the inner strength to face these times...on your own courage alone.

I can't improve on Ulthar's advice, but you should read this twice.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Flick James

You know, I was searching for words of encouragement that wouldn't come across as hokey. I think ulthar has done it. I agree with Rev, read it again.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org