Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:48:03 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anesthesia? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What anesthesias have you had?
General (mask) - 9 (33.3%)
MAC (sleepy but not out) - 2 (7.4%)
Modsed (demerol, versed, etc) - 3 (11.1%)
Local (novacaine, etc) - 10 (37%)
Epideral - 1 (3.7%)
Other - 2 (7.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anesthesia?  (Read 3290 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: December 16, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »

I just went under general anesthesia for the first time yesterday.  I was beyond anxious, but honestly all i remember was a mask coming at my face and waking up what felt like minutes later.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:39:52 AM »

They stuck some tube in my nose with nitrous oxide when I had a root canal done once.  That stuff was fun.  I was staring up at the big fluorescent lights above me thinking it was the back end of the Battlestar Galactica or something   Cheers

And I've had Novocaine more times than I can count.  Probably like a gallon of the stuff all together.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »

^ novacaine and i go waaaay back.  i think i may becomming immune

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
claws
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »

General (mask) when I had a spectroscopy done. I was lucky because a few years ago they still did it without Anesthesia.
I woke up briefly during the end procedure though, when they were pulling it out my mouth. I gagged for a moment.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »

They gave me some Demerol when I had a C-Section.....that stuff was fun. I just lay there,no pain,watching the white ceiling wave like the incoming tide. Then I got the mask when I had open heart surgery 8 months ago. That was scary...and cold.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »

I got in a wreck. I was drunk in 1985 and wrecked Bud Mortimer's (he IS the newphew of Edgar Bergan! Of Decautar,Michigan-Google it)...where was I...? Oh yeah-his truck. We were fishing-and they sent me in his truck for a booze run. I was onna dirt road. It was storming. I was drinking clear alchohol stolen from Warners winery. (I didnt steal it. Some guy down the street worked there.) I threw Bud's 1963 GMC pickup he had just bought the day before-for $400 dollars.
I hit a tree going around a muddy,dirt road curve. I had my girlfreind, Kerry (who had her parents murdered years later),Buds girlfreind LeAnne,with me. They wanted some gas station hot dogs and chicken.
We all ended up in the hospital after Kerry woke up and crawled out the window. Which was smashed. EVERYTHING was smashed.I was pinned by the sterring wheel. Leanne had a huge crack in her head. Blood was gushing out. I took my tshirt (yeah I know this sounds like a bad movie) and wrapped it on her head.
Kerriy ran to some trailer up the road. I passed out. I woke up at Lakeview (read-Band-Aid Factory) Hospital.
They had to operate on my face. Sew up my chin. I had eaten the steering wheel. I got a dam ugly scar to this day on my chin.
BUT! When they put me under...I had weird f**ked up dreams! they were putting them sticky monitor things on me-I was going out-I thought of Linda Blair.
The docs and Kerry said when I was under I screamed -"SHE"S TURNING INTO A MONSTER!"

All in all-thats the only time I got drugged legally.  Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »

They gave me some Demerol when I had a C-Section.....that stuff was fun. I just lay there,no pain,watching the white ceiling wave like the incoming tide. Then I got the mask when I had open heart surgery 8 months ago. That was scary...and cold.

Since it was kindof in a hurry my wife ended up having a C-section with essentially a epidural block. I don't think they gave her demerol because what she had ended up causing her to convulse uncontrollably during the procedure (she was entirely lucid throughout the whole event, even the cutting, just unable to feel anything). The high-tech solution for this problem was to strap her to the table and have me sit next to her head to "keep her calm". She was fine, she couldn't see what was going on. It was pretty terrifying but in the end both her and my son were fine.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »

Had general once, by I.V., when I got a broken ankle put back together. It was the weirdest thing. They stuck the syringe into my I.V. tube, shot it in, and I was out within seconds. It was a bizarre feeling to have unconsciousness just wash over me like a wave. I remember lying there on the table with these people watching me, and just saying "Holy sh!t." Then I was out. The other strange thing was the sudden taste of garlic when the injection went in. I was told about this right before the guy did it, but it was still a surprise to have this strong taste in my mouth from something going into my arm.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »

When I had an operation in 2006 ~ only the second one I've ever had ~ I decided to see how long I could hold out once the needle went in. About 10 seconds later: goodnite.  TeddyR

What's weird is that as the stuff took effect, it looked like someone had just thrown a lace curtain over my eyes.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »

DS, why don't you define "modsed" and "MAC" for us? (I'm curious).

Not sure where nitrous oxide would fit on this list.  I had my wisdom teeth out under it's influence.  I have to say it was a great time!  When the dentist pulled the teeth out they came out with a loud cracking sound like a bone breaking in half.  Hearing that made me crack up laughing.  The dentist was amused to; he said to me, "Oh, you think hat's funny, do you?"

Other than that I've had general anesthesia and local.  And I will often self-administer anesthesia when I watch a bad movie.   Drink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 02:58:17 AM »

The only serious anesthesia I've had is when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. The only thing I remember is them telling me to count backwards from 100. I got to 98 and the next thing I knew they were telling me I was done and to walk to the front room. I spent the next week popping pain pills inbetween episodes of tooth brushing.

Best week ever.

My brother had a more severe reaction to nitrous oxide. It zonked him out for the rest of the day.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

I had a local one time when I had to have stitches for a deep cut on my arm.  That was weird watching the doctor sew up the wound  but not feeling a thing.

I also had general a couple times, once back in 1993 when I had my wisdom teeth out, then back in 2003 for an operation.  In both cases an IV was used to deliver the medication.  I was out within a couple minutes.  I've never had anesthetic delivered via mask, so I chose other for the times general was used with me.

They didn't tell me to count.  They just put the needle in and I was out a couple minutes later.  With the wisdom teeth I remember falling asleep, hearing something like a drill going for a minute, then waking up in recovery.  Didn't hurt too bad for me but I couldn't open my mouth very far until the stitches were pulled the following week.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Paquita

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 10:45:20 PM »

I got an epidural when I had my c-section.. it was so great!  I was in pain.. and then all of a sudden I wasn't!  I puked though.. I told the anesthesiologist  I thought I might throw up, and he smiled and gave me a bowl and I puked in it and smiled.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anesthesia? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.