Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:03 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Albums you dislike that everyone else likes « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Albums you dislike that everyone else likes  (Read 4954 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 23, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »

The title is self explanatory.

Cannibal Corpse-Tomb of the Mutilated: This may come to you as a surprise from a Cannibal Corpse fan, no less a fan of the Chris Barnes era. Nearly every single Death Metal fanatic showers this album with endless praise. In fact I almost always see it near the top on a lot of "Greatest Death Metal Albums" lists. Does Tomb of the Mutilated truly deserve all this acclaim and recognition?

HELL NO.

Don't get me wrong, songs like Hammer Smashed Face, I Cum Blood, and even Addicted to Vaginal Skin and The Cryptic Stench are classic Corpse tunes. But that's where it ends with this album. Every other track has little to no variety in the songwriting. The same can be said for the drums in that we have an extreme case of someone who is completely ignorant to other drumming styles other than blast beating. Don't get me wrong, blast beats are cool but the drummer should include more unique and diverse patterns. Too bad Corpse's drummer, Paul Mazurkiewicz, never learned this at this point in the band's career.

The main problem I have with this overrated piece of trash is that it's just plain boring. That's right, it's a complete bore. Due to the lack of variety in the instrumentation and the God awful production, Tomb of the Mutilated for the most part fails to keep the listener interested in what the band has to offer. Only four out of nine tracks are worth listening to, and that is pretty sad. This is a case where the band should've released this as an EP therefore retaining some of their diginity and credibility.

Like I said, the album really sucks. Thank the good Lord that their next album The Bleeding made up for the abomination that is Tomb of the Mutilated.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:06:51 AM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
ChaosTheory

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »

I'm not crazy about the White Album, I prefer Wish You Were Here to The Wall and I don't like anything by Pearl Jam, Amy Winehouse or Kings of Leon.

....I'll show myself out.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »

Xmas Eve... CANNIBAL CORPSE...  Lookingup   

I'm not crazy about the White Album, I prefer Wish You Were Here to The Wall and I don't like anything by Pearl Jam, Amy Winehouse or Kings of Leon.....I'll show myself out.
Wish You Were Here is far superior to The Wall.   Thumbup Smile  But "the white album" is pretty great.   Thumbup TeddyR

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

I'm not crazy about the White Album, I prefer Wish You Were Here to The Wall and I don't like anything by Pearl Jam, Amy Winehouse or Kings of Leon.

....I'll show myself out.

Yep, I agree with all of those except "The White Album."  I actively dislike "The Wall" now, though it was my favorite when I was a teenager. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »

The Wall

I'm not the biggest fan of Pink Floyd in the first place but this album in particular doesn't do a damn thing for me.  It might not be fair to the album, though, because Dad listened to this constantly when I was a little kid.  That much overexposure to something you don't particularly like tends to blow your perception of any flaws of that something all out of proportion.  Anyway, the day the old turntable broke and Dad couldn't listen to this damn album anymore was one of the happiest days of my childhood.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 11:57:21 PM »

Led Zeppelin IV.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
voltron

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 01:41:34 AM »

I agree with The Wall being overrated. I'm an Animals and Meddle fan myself. Also, I really despise Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, and Deicide in general. Give me my (early) Carcass any day. Deathcore blows as well.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 06:14:41 AM »

For me, that would be pretty much everything. I feel like such a music snob now, but I seem to hate everything that's popular with the kids nowadays. Also, most AC/DC recorded after 1980 (I own those albums, anyway). I don't care for Deicide or any metalcore (unless it's more metal than 'core), either. Also, any religious music that isn't Gregorian chant or something really exotic and almost everything on contemporary hits stations I just can't stand. Also, all but Def Leppard's first two albums and everything by Poison. I hate Hank Williams, Jr., but I like Hank Williams Sr. and Hank Williams III. I don't care for Billy Idol albums from the 1980's, though he was cool in the 1970's, and it's the same with Yes and Steve Miller Band. I can't stand the 1990 album Metallica. Everyone seems to have such a boner for it, but I certainly don't. I grit my teeth whenever "Enter Sandman" comes on. Actually, any Metallica recorded after 1989 is just awful to me.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »

where to start..

Radiohead - OK Computer
REM - Automatic For The People
Stone Roses - Stone Roses
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
Jay Z - The Blueprint
Kanye West - College Dropout
Bob Dylan - Highway 65 Revisited
Slipknot - Iowa
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pixies - Surfa Rosa
Bjork - Debut
Arctic Monkeys - Wahtever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not
The Streets - Original Pirate Material

seen accolades/awards handed out to all those in some form or another, and don't like any of them. they're not so much 'bad' as just 'uninteresting' IMO
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:19:49 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »

The Wall

I'm not the biggest fan of Pink Floyd in the first place but this album in particular doesn't do a damn thing for me.  It might not be fair to the album, though, because Dad listened to this constantly when I was a little kid.  That much overexposure to something you don't particularly like tends to blow your perception of any flaws of that something all out of proportion.  Anyway, the day the old turntable broke and Dad couldn't listen to this damn album anymore was one of the happiest days of my childhood.

That's part of my issue with The Wall too, the overexposure (though my dad wasn't a fan, luckily).  I'm not crazy about concept albums in general either.  I like Pink Floyd a lot but that album just doesn't do anything for me.

@zombie - I didn't like OK Computer much either.  It wasn't terrible, but soooo overhyped.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Albums you dislike that everyone else likes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.