Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:39:05 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Heaviest album ever? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Heaviest album ever?  (Read 6614 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 25, 2011, 10:46:38 PM »

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

One of my mum's old boyfriends gave me an ancient copy of this on vinyl and it totally blew my f**king mind. Not "stupid" heavy ie: so called brutal death metal, but sludgy, bomabastic, yet atmospheric HEAVINESS. I'd later gotten it on CD but it just wasn't the same.

What are your picks for the heaviest album ever?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »

THE VELVET UNDERGROUND White Light/White Heat

Despite the low point of "The Gift" (which somehow still works) this whole album has the same tone, sludgy and buzzing with reverb, and there is nothing louder, heavier, and  more in your face than "I Heard Her Call My Name".  

But then again, I have to give it to BLUE CHEER Vincebus Eruptum which is super heavy, sludgy, and ear splitting: 

Small | Large

That's January 1968, girls and boys.   Buggedout
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 12:29:53 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »

I always thought Master of Reality was pretty heavy.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »

This is a repost from my own thread:

THE STOOGES Fun House  

THE STOOGES had three albums, not counting bootlegs and later releases.  They're all excellent, but Fun House is their greatest achievement, and still stands as one of the toughest records ever produced.  It's probably my favorite ROCK record.

Crank it:
Small | Large
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:19:31 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

voltron

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »

This is a repost from my own thread:

THE STOOGES Fun House  

THE STOOGES had three albums, not counting bootlegs and later releases.  They're all excellent, but Fun House is their greatest achievement, and still stands as one of the toughest records ever produced.  It's probably my favorite ROCK record.

Crank it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7lfbada-Y

Good choice.  Thumbup There used to be a really cool radio show called Brave New Waves 'round my parts. It was PHENOMINAL. One time they played Funhouse in it's entirety and they played pretty obscure tunes and had profiles of Scorn, Godflesh, Swans, Autechre, Low - basically stuff that was anti mainstream. Sadly it was cancelled a few years back.  Bluesad

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »

Electric Wizard - Come my fanatics, or Dopethrone, take your pick.

voltron

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »

Electric Wizard - Come my fanatics, or Dopethrone, take your pick.

Another good choice. Dopethrone has a totally sick guitar tone. Another pick would be Swans' Raping A Slave EP, just crushingly heavy.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »

VANILLA FUDGE kind of popularized what became known as Heavy Metal. 
Small | Large

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 05:04:37 AM »

In my opinion, Dehumanizer is Black Sabbath heaviest offering to date and one of the best examples of straight-forward crushingly majestic heavy metal. You only have to listen to "I", "Computer God" or "After All (The Dead)" to understand. Shame it isn't that fondly remembered amongst Sabbath fans and even Dio fans.

I'll nomiante this one by Obituary too, an I don't even like 'em that much but man....

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »

The Osmonds song Crazy Horses slowed down is the heaviest album of all time.

http://tiny.cc/3q5iK

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »

In my opinion, Dehumanizer is Black Sabbath heaviest offering to date and one of the best examples of straight-forward crushingly majestic heavy metal. You only have to listen to "I", "Computer God" or "After All (The Dead)" to understand. Shame it isn't that fondly remembered amongst Sabbath fans and even Dio fans...
You're right Dehumanizer is underrated.  And I'm not a BLACK SABBATH fan, but if I were it'd be for the earliest more Pop albums (TeddyR). 

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »

THE VELVET UNDERGROUND White Light/White Heat

Despite the low point of "The Gift" (which somehow still works) this whole album has the same tone, sludgy and buzzing with reverb, and there is nothing louder, heavier, and  more in your face than "I Heard Her Call My Name".  

But then again, I have to give it to BLUE CHEER Vincebus Eruptum which is super heavy, sludgy, and ear splitting: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjbDzwjoQwA
That's January 1968, girls and boys.   Buggedout

White Light White Heat is a singular moment in music that few appreciate. That's fine by me. f**k 'em. I'll listen to it as many times as I want. The opening title track just is amazing in how it sets the tone for what would be one of the earliest influences of punk rock that ever was.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 05:46:12 AM »

voltron

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »

Karma for you, Circus! Really underrated band. Isn't it funny how most bands influenced by the mighty Sabbath there are nowadays? Although, my personal fave would have to be the Soul Sacrifice EP. ALLLL RIIIIGHT!  btw, do you like Pentagram? They've been around since the 70s and they're still kicking ass to this day.  Smile

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 09:22:14 AM »

Karma for you, Circus! Really underrated band. Isn't it funny how most bands influenced by the mighty Sabbath there are nowadays? Although, my personal fave would have to be the Soul Sacrifice EP. ALLLL RIIIIGHT!  btw, do you like Pentagram? They've been around since the 70s and they're still kicking ass to this day.  Smile

Yeah Pentagram are okay, I much prefer Cathedral, Witchfinder General and Trouble though when it comes to my doom. My girlfriend actually went down to London a couple of weeks ago to catch Cathedral's last ever gig before they split-up. I couldn't afford a ticket + train fare at the time. They've got a farewell album out soon too called "The Final Spire".

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Heaviest album ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.