Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:07:35 AM
714354 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies You've Watched High or Drunk. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movies You've Watched High or Drunk.  (Read 9142 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: December 27, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »

We members of the Badmovies forum are a unique breed. We can digest, and even enjoy the most bizzare, raunchy, tabu, non-senseical, exploitive, and sometimes, just plain ol' BAD movies that normal folks dare not even attempt. But sometimes, even WE need a little help. Whether it be from Jack Daniels or Mary Jane, cult and B-movies can be enjoyed at a whole new level when we tag these friends in.

Some I've watched high would be as follows:

*Zombi 2 (in theatres no less!)

*Freaked (one of my all time favorite fliks.)

*Forbidden Zone

and I'm not really a drinker, but I watched "Last Man on Earth" both drunk AND high with a group of friends this past October. Had a reel hard time followin' it.

What about you guys?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:38:11 AM »

Never been high or drunk when watching a movie, because I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. How boring is that?

I did watch Pet Sematary once with a group of stoners. It was an annoying and distracting giggle-fest (I was the only one not high) except for this one guy who actually cried when the kid was run over by a truck. That was my turn to laugh  TeddyR
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 05:48:33 AM »

Most of them.  Cheers

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:47:28 AM »

Sorority House Massacre 2:  Nighty Nightmare.  One of my favorite slashers, and I've only seen it once while stone cold sober.  It definitely lost most of its charm.

Back in my stoner days I watched Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity more than a few times while high.  Heck, getting high and watching bad movies gives their plot depth and their pacing seems perfect lol.  I could go on, and on, and on, but I think I'll stop there   Smile 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »

I've watched The Room, Robot Monster, A Clockwork Orange and The Dark Eyes of London all while drunk...I didn't need to be in order to finish them, it just happened that I felt like watching them while intoxicated

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »

I remember seeing HOUSE back in the 1980s after drinking many beers.  I hated the movie because I was very tired and had to p**s like a stallion.  But I refused to leave my seat and go to the restroom because I didn't want to miss any of the movie.  I would have been better off going to the restroom because the movie stunk.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »

When I broke my leg I watched Wes Craven's New Nightmare while I was on morphine. That was pretty good.

I watched Forbidden Zone stonned that was interesting.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »

During the early 90s I went through a pretty heavy "drunk and depressed" phase cuz I had just gotten outta college and couldn't find a "real' job. I was working at a K-Mart, still living with my parents, had no car or girlfriend, etc., etc. -- in other words my life pretty much sucked. So for a good year and a half or so my routine was the same every day - I'd get out of work at K-Mart, go next door to the liquor store and buy a couple of 40-ouncers, then hit the video store for a couple of movies, go home, drink, watch films, go to bed, repeat. So there are probably several hundred movies I watched drunk during that period.

The only one I can think of that I watched stoned was the first "Flintstones" movie with John Goodman/Rick Moranis/Rosie O'Donnell - my friend Ralph and I went to the theatre to see that one, sparked up before we went inside, and during the opening scene where the camera zoomed in on Bedrock from out of the sky, and a dinosaur flew by with a bunch of people riding on its back like an airliner, I literally threw my head back and HOWLED with laughter cuz in that state of mind it was about the funniest thing I'd ever seen in my life.

I have since tried to watch "Flintstones" sober and it was pretty terrible, so obviously being in an "altered state" improved the film.

I recently watched "Evil Bong" with Tommy Chong and man, I wished I could've been stoned during that one!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
voltron

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »

I'm actually trying really hard to get used to watching movies straight. I do remember watching that Larry Drake movie Paranoia while baked out of my skull. Lotsa laughs.  Smile This won't last, though. I'm expecting some "goodies" in the mail soon.  TeddyR

edit: Demons is insanely great (even more so) after having a puff and a few beers - forgot about that one. The helicopter scene actually seems to make sense!  Drink
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:38:40 PM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »

I recently got Class of Nuke 'Em High for Christmas. Rolled a j and watched it last night. It wasn't until I watched it that I realized that weed is a central plot point of the movie!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
66Crush
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »

I have this tape with "Ed Wood" and "Up in Smoke" on it that I always like to watch drunk with my buddy. But I think the record is the "Mystery Science Theater 3000" version of "Zombie Nightmare" that was practicly a ritual. I find something new to laugh at everytime I watched it drunk.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »

when Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas came out me and some of my hallmates (I was at uni) smoked a lot of mary you wanna before going to see it, the bit where the carpets start moving in the movie got me very disorientated.

think I've seen Dazed & Confuzed while stoned. the problem with this is actually remembering when you've been 'high' it's difficult. I don't do any drugs or even drink any more. watching movies 'straight' is probably better for you tbh...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
voltron

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »

the problem with this is actually remembering when you've been 'high' it's difficult. I don't do any drugs or even drink any more. watching movies 'straight' is probably better for you tbh...

I respect your points, but personally when I get stoned I remember pretty much everything when it comes to movies. Also to me, watching movies "staight" -  like I said before -  a lot of the movies I like are sooo much better drunk/stoned and sometimes it can be a bit of a chore without the THC and booze. I find it gives you this "hyper awareness" and you can apperieciate the movie in ways you could never get when "straight". For instance, today I tried to watch Torso (a great movie nonetheless) in the daytime without that extra influence and I wound up shutting it off about a half hour into it. For some reason I just couldn't get into it. There are exceptions though. Rock And Roll Nightmare is hilarious/ BRILLIANT no matter what state of mind you're in. I think if I watched it stoned I'd p**s myself from laughing so much.  Smile
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:42:41 PM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
akiratubo

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »

My ex-friend Paul and I used to booze it up and marathon bad movies.  Our longest movie marathon was just under three days of drinking 'til we passed out, waking up, and doing it again, while movies played mostly unobserved in the background.  We drank the strongest stuff we could find.  We even went through a bottle of straight Everclear once.

Bad times.  Bad, bad times.  Hope he got quit of the booze after I left.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 03:23:30 AM »

I've watched plenty of movies drunk. It's a great way to watch goofy movies.

Thing is, at least in my case, I think the getting drunk gets in the way of watching movies. Being drunk kind of gets in the way. I'm not watching the movie to see the movie, it's usually an afterthought to being drunk. There are some movies that hit the high points of heightened emotion where you can say, "Well, heck yeah!" But the movie is tangential.

Kind of a waste of time. A fun waste of time, which pretty much sums up being drunk in the first place.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies You've Watched High or Drunk. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.